BUST Magazine’s October/November Issue Featuring Cover Gal Aidy Bryant!
Here at BUST, we’re always psyched for October and November because the season is just bursting with creative possibilities! And as a representative of that can-do spirit, we’ve got our very favorite SNL cast member, the amazing Aidy Bryant, gracing our cover. Inside, we’ve got a recipe bonanza that will make you want to give thanks for feminism this Thanksgiving, plus a surprising history of how Native Americans inspired the women’s movement, true tales from inside a sex cult, and chick chat with Scream Queens’ Abigail Breslin.
Everything you ever wanted to know about Aidy Bryant, SNL’s reigning sketch queen. By Sara Benincasa
Delicious holiday recipes inspired by badasses from the women’s rights movement—from Rutabaga Ginsburg to Apple Brown Betty Friedan. By Caroline Hwang and Lisa Butterworth
Sonic Youth’s Kim Gordon interviews Sleater-Kinney’s Carrie Brownstein about carving a memoir out of rock. By Kim Gordon
The surprising saga of how Native American women inspired our nation’s earliest feminists. By Sally Roesch Wagner
A survivor tells her true story of lust and lunacy. By Catherine Plato
Fall fashions modeled in magical Iceland. Photographed by Jeaneen Lund, Styled by Anna Clausen
- Abigail Breslin lights up Scream Queens; all-female mariachi band Flor de Toloache are the life of the party; a Meryl-Streep-funded screenwriting lab for women over 40 kicks off in NY; and more.
- The Hotness: The best pop culture the season has to offer. By Emily Rems
- Pop Quiz:Lily Tomlin FTW! By Emily Rems
- Bra-ometer: Feminist news at a glance. By Kara Buller and Solange Castellar
- Boy du Jour: Mac DeMarco hits all the right notes. By Tess Duncan
- Pop Tart: Long after OITNB’s latest season, that Ruby Rose tingle remains. By Claire Beaudreault
- Craft a creepy mirror; produce your own podcast; protect your info online; and more.
- Caking bad:Rice pudding with awesome mix-ins. By Terry Hope Romero
- Around The World in 80 Girls: Olympia, WA, is where the grrrls are. By Bianca D. Velasco
THE BUST GUIDE
- Music Reviews; plus the return of Beach House!
- Movies: I Smile Back when I see a Mustang in a Big Stone Gap.
- Books: Reviews; plus rock memoirs that go to 11.
- Inside Brooklyn’s sex-positive group house; and more.
- One-Handed Read: Should He Stay Or Should He Go? By Malin James
- Questions for the Queen: Non-monogamy and BDSM baby steps. By Dr. Carol Queen