BUST Magazine’s August/September Issue Featuring Cover Gal Jenny Slate Is On Sale Now!
Here at BUST, we’re already prepping for the greatest pop culture season of them all—fall! And we’re super psyched to have the amazing comic actress Jenny Slate from SNL, Obvious Child, Parks and Rec, and more, gracing our cover. Inside, we’ve got coverage of all the lady-centric music, TV, and film releases that will be making autumn awesome, plus intel on how to see the world by working on organic farms, real talk with renegade cartoonist Phoebe Gloeckner, and a rad resource guide for indie brides.
Subscribe now for instant digital access!
New movie, TV, and music releases even feminists will like. By Jenni Miller, Lisa Butterworth, and Liz Galvao
The Unknown Soldier The surprising true stories of women who disguised themselves as men to fight in the Civil War. By Lauren M. Cook
Author and artist Phoebe Gloeckner shares the secrets behind her novel The Diary of a Teenage Girl’s jump to the big screen. By Jenni Miller
Tips and tricks for seeing the world as an organic farm volunteer. Story and photos by Audrey Cerchiara
Into the Woods
Singular styles modeled by photographer Sasha Frolova. Photographed by Amber Byrne Mahoney, Styled by Lela Maloney
- Julie Klausner’s new show Difficult People is hard to resist; Anna Marie’s Alliance provides a safe space for battered women and their pets; Heather Dewey-Hagborg mines trash for DNA and turns it into art; and more.
- The Hotness: Feast your eyes on tons of fall fun. By Emily Rems
- Boy du Jour: Jemaine Clement is bringing sexy back. By Debbie Stoller
- Pop Quiz: Happy Birthday, Ingrid Bergman! By Emily Rems
- Bra-ometer: Fun-size feminist news. By Kara Buller and Solange Castellar
- Museum of Femoribilia: Skirt lifters kept gowns out of the gutter. By Lynn Peri
- Impressive pressed flowers; craft beers by badass brewmistresses; lifelines for feminist brides; and more.
- Eat Me: Everything-but-the-Kitchen-Sink Frittata. By Chef Rossi
- Around the World in 80 girls: Get up to something devilish in Tasmania. By Sophie Clark
- Style advice from erotic curator Sarah Beall; cute couture for every body; peek inside Big Freedia’s makeup bag; and more.
- Good Stuff: Fresh forest-inspired finds for the Earth goddess in you. By Stephanie J.
- Booty Call: Fly your freak flag with a trendy bookbag. By Callie Watts
THE BUST GUIDE
- Music: Reviews; plus the return of The Bird and the Bee!
- Movies: Grandma has been to some Dark Places while Sleeping With Other People.
- Books: Reviews; plus “Amber Tamblyn’s Poetry Corner.”
- Everything you ever wanted to know about IUDs; and more.
- Questions for the Queen: Damage down there, plus the facts of life. By Dr. Carol Queen
- One-Handed Read: Field Day. By Ida Jay