Every year, my toes eagerly await the first week in which temperatures hover around 70°. According to weather.com, that won’t happen in New York City until May 11th [insert loud groan here]. It’s a ways off (don’t get me started on the shitty weather the Northeast had to endure earlier this week), but just think– now you have more time to find the perfect pair of open-toed shoes for the summer. Below are six of our favorites, which you can dress down with shorts, or mix with a dress (we’re digging stripes and florals right now) for a fancier look. No ridiculous, impossible-to-walk-in, sky-high heels in the bunch.
1. Field Trip Canvas Two Part Gladiator Sandals, $29.09, asos.com
2. Roman Vamp Shoe, $49.90, zara.com
3. Swagger Ankle-Strap Sandal, $49.95, amazon.com
4. Criss-Cross Boardwalk Sandal, $59.50, madewell.com
5. Tingo T-Straps, $78, anthropologie.com
6. Highsmith T-Strap Sandal, $418 (crazy pricey, but we can dream), stevenalan.com
Pick up our April/May issue to see more perfect-for-warm-weather shoes.