1. The Pill – Honor the pregnancy-free Halloween hook up with this simple pumpkin design. All you need to do is pour yourself a drink and carve a big ol’ circle. More ambitious pumpkin carvers can attempt to carve the entire pill pack. Pro tip: Sketch your circle before hand using the bottom of a glass.
2. The Vagina – Not all women have vaginas, but all women can have a vagina jill-o-lantern. Your living room window sill will never look more urethral. Looking to step up your game? Go for the more complex anatomic novelty – the uterus. Extra points if you distinguish between the ovaries and fallopian tubes with the negative space.
3. The Venus symbol – Let trick-or-treaters know who’s boss with a nod to the feminist classic, the Venus symbol. Alternate pumpkin ideas include: the double female sign to indicate lesbian love, or a multi-legged LGBT symbol. If you’re more of the pumpkin-throwing sort, consider carving a Mars sign to show your commitment to “smashing the patriarchy.”
4. Yes & No sister pumpkins – If you are looking for a double-pumpkin project, this one is for you. Sister “Yes” and “No” pumpkins are the perfect ally to the Halloween host who prioritizes clear, well-understood terms of consent. When the question of sex arises, merely light the candle to indicate your decision, or pass the matches to your partner and proceed as directed.
5.. Pussy Riot face – Free Pussy Riot! and free your pumpkin from the drab life of a gourd un-carved. Pro/con: This one is not totally distinguishable from a ghost, which is bad if you want your jill-o-lantern to speak for itself, but is great if you’re worried about punishment from the Russian government.
6. Diva cup – Celebrate sustainable mensies practices by tracing that one bell-shaped cookie cutter left over from an old Christmas cookie kit. Expert level carvers, try doing a tampon instead. Pro tip: The tampon may require a special toolkit for the thinness of the string.
7. Vagina Dentata – A new take on the classic jack-o-lantern mouth, only vertical!
8. Golden Girls – Most people are not this talented, but Christ it would be impressive if you were.
Bea Arthur pumpkin via Flavorwire.