NEW YEAR’S EVE is usually a shit show for hotel staff, who have to escort drunks in and out of room parties all night long. But the 1995 New Year’s-themed black comedy anthology, Four Rooms, is the ultimate wild night for one bellhop (Tim Roth) who’s just trying to do his damn job. Each story and room has a different director (Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez, Alexandre Rockwell), but the one that brings us big Madonna-witch-realness is the first segment directed by Allison Anders: “The Missing Ingredient.” Madonna plays Elspeth, a witch whose coven convenes in the honeymoon suite to summon their goddess Diana via a list of ingredients: rosemary, sea salt, semen. Conjure up some spells yourself with Elspeth’s witchy latex-and-faux-fur vibes.
1. LATEX STRAPLESS CORSET DRESS, $242.91, fetasialatex.etsy.com.
2. DAGGER BEAUTY LUCIFER LIPSTICK, $20, daggerbeauty.com.
3. DOUBLE LAYER BLACK BEADED CHAIN NECKLACE CHOKER WITH CROSS PENDANT, $32.95, frozencherryjewels.etsy.com.
4. FINESSE WILLA BLACK FUR TRIM LEATHER COAT, $64, finesse.us.
5. NEON MUSHROOM GODDESS CANDLE IN NEON PINK, $15.95, botanicalgoodsstore.etsy.com.
6. POPPY LISSIMAN RYDER SUNGLASSES, $130, poppylissiman.com.
7. ATOMIC BLACK VINYL OPERA LENGTH GLOVES, $25, atomicjaneclothing.com.
TOP PHOTO: (MADONNA FILM STILL FOUR ROOMS) ALAMY; (CORSET DRESS) COURTESY OF FETASIA LATEX; (LEATHER COAT) COURTESY OF FINESSE
This article originally appeared in BUST's Winter 2022-2023 print edition. Subscribe today!