So, it's September. I've been in denial of this fact for a few weeks because a) wasn't it just 90 degrees and humid a week ago here on the east coast? and b) I'm not going back to school so it can't be fall yet, right?
Alas, it is now more than two weeks into September and the official first day of fall is just within reach. It is finally time to unearth your favorite scarves, mittens, leather jackets and knee boots.
Over here at BUST we wanted to craft you a playlist you could listen to while biking through the chill air to the local coffee shop for open mic night, or for finally mourning your summer romance, or for just emotionally preparing you for the impending cold weather to come. So we mixed up some new and some old favorites, some powerfully melancholy ("Drinkin') and some resiliently grasping for life and love despite everything ("Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow") for a playlist to hold you over until Halloween. We hope you enjoy it!
- Hurray for the Riff Raff- I know it's Wrong (but it's alright)
- Clean Bandit- Rather Be
- Courtney Barnett- Avant Gardner
- Ed Sheeran- Don't
- Nina Nastasia- Oh, My Stars
- Panama- Always
- Trampled by Turtles- Wait So Long
- Zola Jesus- Dangerous Days
- Meg & Dia- Cardigan Weather
- Mountain Man- Animal Tracks
- Holly Williams- Drinkin'
- Mumford & Sons- Winter Winds
- BANKS- Beggin' for Thread
- Sleeper Agent- That's My Baby
- Caroline Smith- Child of Moving On
- Serena Ryder- Stompa
- Sam Smith Covering Tracy Chapman- Fast Car
- Carole King- Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
- Lissie- They All Want You
- Ibeyi- River
Click here to watch on Youtube!
Playlist made with help from BUST interns Susan, Samantha, Meg, Audrey, and my wonderful friend Brennin.
Sad pug image by Mariana Garces.