Table of Contents Mar/Apr 2019
As Brienne of Tarth on HBO’s Game of Thrones, Gwendoline Christie is the warrior woman we all want to watch. By Lisa Butterworth
After years of fielding uncomfortable questions about not wanting children, a young woman makes an irreversible choice. By Hanna Brooks Olsen
Oh, You Beautiful Doll
In 1912, a group of Black sex workers dressed up as “Baby Dolls” and created a Mardi Gras legacy that continues today. By Kim Vaz-Deville
Soccer superstars Brandi Chastain and Meg Rapinoe are fighting for women’s rights on and off the field. By Debbie Stoller
Decadent cake and cocktail pairings perfect for Pride Month. By Keavy Landreth and Allison Kave
Citizen of the World
Actor Rhianne Barreto models looks to get lost in. Photographed by Brianne Wills, Styled by Chelsea Volpe
PHOTOS: CORINA MARIE HOWELL (TATI GABRIELLE); LANNA APISUKH (LEG PILLOW); MORGAN SETTE (ADELAIDE, AUSTRAILIA); YUDI ECHEVARRIA (TAN FRANCE)
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’s Tati Gabrielle; women fight to bike in Pakistan; female ringmaster Stephanie Monseu; and more.
- The Hotness: Munch on these tasty pop-culture morsels. By Emily Rems
- Boy du Jour: We want Queer Eye’s Tan France to help us shop for pants. By Lydia Wang
- Pop Quiz: Carol Burnett is as funny as it gets! By Emily Rems
- Museum of Femoribilia: On leap year, women used to lay all their cards on the table. By Lynn Peril
- Bra-ometer: Feminist news at a glance. By Solange Castellar
- Say hello to bargello; defend yourself against fake abortion clinics; become a bee ally; and more.
- Eat Me: Savory and sweet cereal suggestions. By Chef Rossi
- You Go, Girl: Here’s a reason Australians call this city “Radelaide!” By Anna Brones
- Fashion advice from Tacocat’s Emily Nokes; get the Leslie Knope lewk; DIY charm belts; and more.
- Booty Call: Boss body hair baubles. By Callie Watts
- Good Stuff: Cloud and proud. By Stephanie J.
THE BUST GUIDE
- Music: Reviews; plus a sit-down with SOAK.
- Movies: Ask Dr. Ruth if Wild Rose knows what Charlie Says.
- Books: Reviews; plus a chat with folk rock legend Ani DiFranco!
- Dive into the poon lagoon; and more.
- Questions for the Queen: A juicy vajayjay and an army of softies. By Dr. Carol Queen
- One-Handed Read: Advanced Physics. By A.G. Bertucci
- Cosmic Vibes: Horoscopes for May/June 2019. By Lisa Stardust
- X Games: Just Women. By Tracy Bennett
- The Last Laugh: Tammy Pierce busts some sick moves. By Esther Pearl Watson