BUST Magazine's Events and Promotions team gives interns hands on experience in event planning, promotion and execution of world class arts & entertainment events. Interns on the Events team will help produce issue release parties, conferences, music and storytelling events and the FAME awarded indie craft fair the BUST Craftacular
. BUST Events interns must possess a vibrantly positive attitude, be quick on their toes under pressure, loyal to their team and familiar with basic promotional tools like social media.
- 3 month minimum internship
- Willing to work 2-3 days per week for 3 months, and extended hours on events days.
- Willing to bring own laptop. Access to Adobe Photoshop and InDesign a huge plus.
- Able to work alone without assistance or collaboratively with a team.
- Able to lift items (30lbs) and rise early (6AM) on event days.
- Familiarity with the BUST brand (print, web & event).
Interests and Skills we are looking for:
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram, and other social media sites.
- Basic understanding of content creation process.
- Ability to use the web as a research tool and to document findings.
- Be both professional and likeable in written and oral communications.
- Have a basic understanding of Branding.
- PR, Web design & coding experience a huge plus.
- A strong interest in a variety of events.
- Familiarity with Google drive tools.
- Interest in creative writing and community management.
Here are some things an Events Internship with BUST will teach you:
- Event planning processes, budgeting and tactics
- Onsite event production
- Event promotion, sales and securing sponsorship
- Press & media relations and marketing for event promotion
- How to analyze the competitive landscape
- Branding continuity
- Event growth hacking
This is not an editorial internship, although you will be asked to contribute a few blog posts.
Qualified applicants must be located in NYC. BUST will assist in validating documents for college/university related internships. This internship is unpaid. Interested? Fill out the form below!