Do you feel your emotions sometimes get in your way? Do you often feel overwhelmed and find you're unable to be productive? Do you ever respond to situations in ways you wish you hadn't? Or maybe you experience mood swings?
Join Supergirls SF and Expansive Voice Movement for TED-style talks on navigating your emotional health. We will explore the importance of understanding our emotions for vibrancy and wellbeing. Through stories, questions, and discussion, we will tap into the science behind the origin of our emotions, so we can better understand the mechanisms that control them and tools that we can use to become more aware of their influence in our daily lives.
- Kat Dahlen, a Holistic Psychotherapist with a BA in Psychology & Women's Studies and an MA in Integral Counseling Psychology, supports clients in navigating life transitions with authenticity, grace, and vitality. Kat's ultimate goal is to help clients return to balance and alignment, by discovering new patterns and -healthier ways of moving through the world and being in a relationship with self and others.
- Dr. Katherine Curtin is a Neuroscientist who specializes in behavioral health. She has extensive training in mind-body therapies, including a B.S. in Art Therapy and M.A. in Psychology. She founded Livewise Rx to increase access to Integrative Medicine. Dr. Curtin has always had a personal interest in using behavioral interventions to improve her own emotional health, including painting, meditating and exercising.
- Additional speakers to be announced
Liz Letchford, an Injury Prevention Specialist and Ph.D. candidate in Exercise Physiology, draws from both Eastern and Western philosophies to create holistic training programs designed to help her clients recover from and prevent future injury. Her dream is to inspire pandemic health and awaken authenticity in health education.
- 6p Arrival & Mingling
- 6:30p - 8p Panel Discussion
- 8 - 8:30p Mingling & Networking
*Light bites and beverages provided.
*Sponsors and additional speakers to be announced soon.