News broke yesterday that Kristen Stewart is not just involved in a fictional love triangle with a werewolf and a vampire. In fact, she is the tip of an all too real equilateral between her, her Twilight co-star/(ex?) boyfriend Robert Pattinson and the director of her last film, Snow White and the Hunstman. Not only did she commit infidelity in her own relationship, but she made the other dude an adulterer. That's right, he's married. Kristen is apparently very remorseful, going as far as to issue a public apology in which she professes her love for Patz.
Unfortunately, Kristen Stewart is not alone in her cheating scandal. Many other celebrities have gotten caught with their hands in the cookie jar. Here's a short list of the most infamous famous cheaters, men and women.
1) Bill Clinton. Perhaps the most notorious of all cheaters, and definitely tied for most presidential with John F. Kennedy, Bill Clinton is undoubtedly the name that comes to mind when I think about infidelity. Famous for receiving more than mail from employee Monica Lewinsky, Bill denied ever "having sexual relations with that woman." Until the dress came out. Lesson to be learned: body fluids don't lie.
2) Madonna. Madonna hit a cheating home run when she allegedly got with baseball playing hunk Alex "A Rod" Rodriguez while she was still married to Guy Ritchie. Post-divorce, the singer and the athlete ended up together, which was proof enough for many that she was fielding for A Rod while her husband was supposed to be up to bat.
3) Woody Allen. Woody knows that the key to a successful relationship is putting your family first. And second. During his marriage to Mia Farrow, Allen was caught by his wie with some compromising photos of her adopted 20-year-old daughter, Soon Yi. After fessing up to a relationship with his non-blood-related kin, he began a relationship with her, and the two have been together since. This year, on father's day, Woody's son Ronan Farrow tweeted this gem: "Happy Father's Day, or as we like to call it in my family, happy Brother in Law's Day." Boom.
4) Britney Spears. Kristen and Britney can cry a river together. It's rumored that while in a relationship with pretty boy Justin Timberlake, Britt was doing the horizontal dance with one of her backup dancers. While Brit denies the affair, her ex-husband says she was also hitting him up during her relationship with JT. At least she got a song out of it.
5) Jesse James. Perhaps no other man is hated for his indiscretions more than Jesse James, who became America's Dirtbag after news broke that he cheated on America's Sweetheart, Sandra Bullock. Seems like Sandy wins this one though, adopting a child and coming out on top with an academy award. Remind me: Jesse who?
6) Jennifer Lopez. Don't be fooled by the rocks that she's got, Jenny acts like she's single on every block. According to rumors, J-Lo had Bennifer in the works before her marriage to Cris Judd was even over. And to think that if she hadn't cheated, we could have avoided Gigli.
7) Arnold Schwarzenegger. Mister Universe may as well be Mister Biggest Prick in the Universe, as far as most people are concerned. Not only was he accused of groping women during his time as a politician, but he also cheated on wife Maria Shriver, fathering a child with their maid and not telling her until fourteen years after the fact. Fidelity? Terminated.
8) Elizabeth Taylor. The Dame herself was also a mistress. She famously cheated on husband (four or five?) Eddie Fisher with Richard Burton, calling the affair "sexual vagrancy." A poetic way to put it, fit only for Liz herself.
9) John Hamm. The jury's still out on whether or not John Hamm is cheating on Jennifer Westfeldt, his long time girlfriend and co-star in the recent film Friends with Kids. Most of the reports allege that John is essentially just a big flirt. He buys women drinks, has long conversations with them, and gets a little touchy. While we can't say for sure that John is a jerk, we can say that his Mad Men character Don Draper is a real bastard. Stay away from method acting, dude.
10) Ingrid Bergman. Ingrid Bergman is, perhaps, the original famous cheater. She caused quite the scandal when she cheated on her husband Dr. Aron Lindstrom with Roberto Rossellini. She also reportedly got steamy with a number of photographers. If not ready for marriage, this girl was definitely ready for her close-up.
Photo Courtesy of CelebSpin.com