This weekend at the Brooklyn Expo Center, the BUST Holiday Craftacular—along with the brand-new BUST School for Creative Living—will make all of your crafty feminist dreams come true with a plethora of speakers, musicians, teachers, vendors, and everyone in between. Tickets are still on sale for individual workshops and performances, but we’ve also got day passes and several awesome events for no cost at all.
Here are just seven of BUST’s top picks you won’t want to miss this weekend. Check ’em out:
2. The two-day music festival will include local artists from every genre and background including New Myths, Fiona Silver, and A Deer A Horse. It’s only $5 a day to jam out with this awesome female-fronted lineup.
3. Lindy West’s talk on Storytelling and Activism on Saturday at 1pm. Alongside #ShoutYourAbortion’s Founding Director Amelia Bonow and artist Poppy Liu, West will discuss the power of sharing our own stories.
4. Get witchy on Sunday with author Kristen Sollee’s talk on the history of witches as they interact with the feminist movement, female sexuality, and popular culture.
5. Julia Cumming of Sunflower Bean will lead a free Sunday workshop on turning our anger into political activism. The event will feature an amazing guest, Congress candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez!
6. Writer and sex educator Corinne Kai, who has worked as an ER rape crisis advocate, will lead a free workshop on how to feel pleasure after sexual trauma.
7. For crafting newbies, learn the basics of embroidery with Anna Turner’s class, offered both days. All materials, including a hoop, a needle, and all kinds of threads, will be provided.
We hope to see you there!
Top photo by Michael Levine for BUST
More from BUST
Lydia Wang is a writer, a Pisces, and one of BUST's digital editors. Find her on Twitter or say hi: email@example.com.