Here at BUST, spring has sprung! And to celebrate, we’ve got one of our most exciting cover gals ever—comedy powerhouse Melissa McCarthy! Inside, we’ve got an exclusive interview with fashion rule breaker Patricia Field, a surprising photo essay featuring the glamorous nail divas of Newark, the true story of a mysterious woman who inspired art all over N.Y.C., and a guide to applying ancient erotic texts to modern sex.
And get ready for even more spring fun, including:
*Get your quiz on with Nicki Minaj
*Femme fatale burlesque star Dita Von Teese
*Project Runway winner Ashley Tipton
*Big Adventures with Pee-Wee Herman
*Unique DIY planters
Subscribe now for instant digital access!
Table of Contents Apr/May 2016
After a decade in film and TV, Melissa McCarthy became an overnight success with Bridesmaids, and changed the rules for women in Hollywood in the process. By Sabrina Ford
This gang of glamorous gals in Newark, NJ, is taking nail art (and friendship) to the next level. By Bridgette Miller
Who’s That Girl?
Audrey Munson’s remarkable body inspired dozens of statues all over N.Y.C. But most people have never heard of her—until now. By Lynsey Griswold
Field of Dreams
Legendary stylist Patricia Field is ready for her next big adventure. By Callie Watts
Please Don’t Call Me Pretty—I’m Just Sick and Skinny
When serious illness is accompanied by weight loss, the inevitable compliments can hurt more than they help. ?By Jacqueline Raposo
Everything Old Is New Again
An intergenerational fashion match-up for the ages. Photographed by Jeaneen Lund, Styled by Kime Buzzelli
- Outspoken actor Amandla Stenberg; We’re Muslim, Don’t Panic; Philly’s human breast-milk bank; and more.
- Pop Quiz: Hurrah for Nicki Minaj! By Emily Rems
- The Hotness: Have a great time with these pop-culture finds. By Emily Rems
- Boy du Jour: We love Pee-wee so much we want to marry him. By Molly Simms
- Museum of Femoribilia: Hope chests were totally square. By Lynn Peril
- Bra-ometer: Feminist news at a glance. By Solange Castellar
- Getting glam with faux gold leaf; Leave a Cheater, Gain a Life; yoga-a-go-go with Jessamyn Stanley; and more.
- Eat Me: The grilled cheese of your dreams. By Chef Rossi
- Around the World in 80 Girls: A tasty tour of Madrid with the band Hinds. By Lisa Butterworth and Hinds
- Style advice from wicked writer Bridgette Miller; DIY clay-bead necklaces; Project Runway winner Ashley Nell Tipton; and more
- Good Stuff: The return of snail mail. By Stephanie J.
- Booty Call: Gorgeous indoor garden accessories. By Callie Watts
THE BUST GUIDE
- Music: Reviews; plus the return of Iggy Pop!
- Movies: Maggie’s Plan was to use The Invitation to get The Bronze.
- Books: Reviews; plus beauty banter with Dita Von Teese!
- Ancient sex tips you can actually use; and more.
- Questions for the Queen: Self love and the urge to rub. By Dr. Carol Queen
- One-Handed Read: Getting Ready. By Cordelia Jack