What’s not to love about watermelon? A certifiable summer game-changer, watermelon is a fruit and a vegetable, about 90% water, and loaded with antibiotics and vitamins. Now, in the thick of the growing season, here are some ways to make the most of these juicy bad boys:
1. Watermelon Lemonade by Cooking Classy
Watermelon and lemon combine to make a refreshing watermelon lemonade for hot days.
2. Watermelon Margarita from All Recipes
For something with a little more kick, this watermelon margarita turns it up a notch. ;)
3. Feta and Mint Watermelon Salad by Food & Wine
Pair your drink with this delicious and easy feta and mint watermelon salad!
5. Kiwi Watermelon Fruit Pops by Food With Feeling
Top off your meal with a dessert of kiwi watermelon fruit popsicles—made completely from fruit!
6. Strawberry Watermelon Mint Infused Water by Positive Med
Reap the hydrating benefits of watermelon with this nutritious recipe for strawberry, watermelon, and mint-infused water.
7. Watermelon Pizza by Choosing Chia
This fresh dessert pizza topped with vitamin-rich fruits and yogurt makes for a healthy substitute for (or follow up to) the real thing.
8. Watermelon Mango Pico De Gallo by Damn Delicious
Enjoy this fruity spin on the traditional Pico de Gallo recipe. Serve with tortilla or pita chips or simply dive in with a spoon!
More From BUST
Alex Vasquez is an editorial intern at BUST.