Raise your hand right now if you're a procrastinating crafter. Raise your hand if you're very aware that the holidays are now upon us. Raise your hand if you are now having an "Oh-Shit!" moment. Never fear, dear reader, BUST is here, and we've got some great DIY gifts you can make for your mother or your brother or your lover...or whoever. Check out these 7 crafts to get your gift-giving groove going!
1. A wood-look Iphone case! I'm sure at least one of you know a drunken klutz who likes to take life au naturale. Follow these directions to cover that tender texting-machine-baby of yours because I know that someone you know is gonna space out and drop that shit at one point or another.
2. Macrame Plant Hanger Girl, don't tell me you couldn't benefit from some green things all up in your space. This plant hanger will have you're space looking less like a shoebox and more like a home. Learn how to make it here.
3. Green-Tea Coconut Body Wash Tryna dissociate from the fact that everything you touch will cause you cancer? Me too...I'd love to give this delicious sounding body wash a try, maybe bathing myself in something from the earth could (at least temporarily) baptize me for an alternative world order in which the world is not a house of cards. Check out our instructions.
4. These 3 Amazing Olive Oil Skincare Recipes Yeah and while we're talking about those granola-eating namaste buddies of yours, you should really check out these olive-oil based skin care remedies here. Any of these sound fucking scrumptious, I would give this to any of my bad-ass lady friends and probably get a kick out of playing witch with olive oil for a few hours.
5. DIY Crayon Rings Ummm helloooo Ms. Frizzle and all of your friends who aspire to be her--these colorful crayon rings are the bee's knees! AND they're super easy to make. If you're trying to get down with your pre-school self, get messy and gift these bad boys!
6. Indigo Dinner Napkins You trying to feel civillized? Shit, I really can't remember the last time I ate with like, a bonafide cloth napkin, but I'm all for it if it means I get to spend a crafternoon playing with ink and dye and ooooh magical colors. Learn how to make indigo dye--it's easy, absolutely gorgeous, and multi-purpose.
7. Pressed Flowers Awwwwwwwe.....just awweeeeee are you even kidding me get the fuck outta here! These pressed flowers would be mad cute for friends and family members who need some folliage in the midst of the dark, cold winter. Learn how to make them here!
More from BUST: