BUST Magazine's Apr/May Issue Featuring Cover Solange!
Spring has sprung here at BUST and innovators are all over our new April/May issue, starting with our boundary-breaking cover goddess, Solange! Inside, we’ve got a crash course in how our government works; a revealing peek inside the dangerous world of female social justice detectives; a celebration of feminist art icon Carolee Schneemann; an intriguing investigation of how abortion has been portrayed on film; and more.
A Grammy-winning singer/songwriter/producer/activist and fashion icon with a LOT to say, Solange is exactly the kind of star we’ve been waiting for. By Jamia Wilson
During these troubled times, we could all use a crash course in Civics 101. By Elizabeth King
Feminist art pioneer Carolee Schneemann looks back on over 50 years of breaking rules and blazing her own trail. By Miss Rosen
A cultural history of abortion on the big screen, from Dirty Dancing to Grandma. By Marisa Crawford
Meet three brave women who use detective work to expose dark money, border injustice, and hate groups. By Ian Allen
Seaside styles straight from the Venice Beach boardwalk. Photographed by Kat Borchart, Styled by Alison Lewis
- Cabaret cutup Bridget Everett brings down the house; Afghan graffiti queen Shamsia Hassani; My Favorite Murder will be your favorite podcast; and more.
- The Hotness: Freshly baked pop culture buns. By Emily Rems
- Boy du Jour: From Parks & Rec to Girls to Inside Amy Schumer, Jon Glaser is the dude on all our fave lady shows.
- Bra-ometer: Feminist news at a glance. By Solange Castellar
- Museum of Femoribilia: Maidenform’s ads were the stuff that dreams are made of. By Lynn Peril
- Pop Quiz: We sure do miss ya, Carrie Fisher. By Lynn Peril
- Craft an out-of-this-world lunar wall hanging; invite the girls over for some D&D; turn tarot into a self-care practice; and more.
- Eat Me: Next level avocado toast. By Chef Rossi
- You Go, Girl: Soak up the romance of Lyon, France. By Lisa Butterworth
- Style advice from clothing designer Hana Tajima; shine on with glitter makeup; advanced ear piercing; and more.
- Good Stuff: Garden party pieces for the great outdoors. By Stephanie J.
- Booty Call: Don’t call it a comeback, bodysuits are eternal. By Callie Watts
THE BUST GUIDE
- Music: Reviews; plus Alynda Segarra from Hurray for the Riff Raff!
- Movies: The Colossal Zookeeper’s Wife decided to Paint it Black.
- Books: Reviews; plus plus too many drugs.
- “Cannasexuality” brings bud into bed; and more.
- Questions for the Queen: Hands-on girls and hands-off boys. By Dr. Carol Queen
- One-Handed Read: Car Service. By Callie Little
- Whore-O-Scopes: Hey baby, what’s your sign? By Jonna Bond
- Party Pix: Sweet snaps from the Women’s March on Washington!
- X Games: Truth be Told. By Tracy Bennett
- The Last Laugh: Making a prom dress mess By Esther Pearl Watson