Here's another fantastic tutorial from author/DIY guru Alison Caporimo, who hosted a workshop table at last Sunday's BUST Craftacular: PRIMPED. This easy DIY appears in Alison's book, InstaCraft: Fun and Simple Projects for Adorable Gifts, Decor, and More, published by Ulysses Press.
This whimsical, colorful placemat will definitely up the ante on your home decor, and it could not be simpler. So let's give it a shot!
Clear Con-Tact paper (found at Michaels and Amazon)
Paint swatch cards
- Cut two identical rectangles from Con-Tact paper.
- Peel one rectangle of Con-Tact paper from the adhesive backing and lay it sticky side up, taping the corners to your workstation surface.
- Arrange and overlap paint swatches on the Con-Tact paper.
- Apply a second layer of Con-Tact paper on top of the paint swatches and press along the surface to eliminate air bubbles.
- Pull the placemat free from the tape and use scissors to cut around the paint swatches. You're all set!
And thanks to Alison, and everyone else who made PRIMPED such a success!
Photo by Meera Lee Patel
The opinions expressed on the BUST blog are those of the authors themselves and do not necessarily reflect the position of BUST Magazine or its staff.