Add some serious sparkle to your spring look
Sure, glitter is pretty. But it's also powerful - those tiny specks of sparkle are undeniably statement making. So why regulate it to special occasions? Glitter's also great for a regular day of running errands and toppling the patriarchy. Get your glam on with these three how-tos, whether you're wearing sweatpants or sequins.
1) Cover eye from lid to brow in eye shadow primer; brush a pastel shadow over entire lid. Use brown eyeliner to softly darken your lash line.
2) Dip a small eye shadow brush into Medusa's Makeup glitter primer, and brush on to eyebrows. Dip the same brush into In Your Dreams "Iridescent Angel" fine glitter and sweep over eyebrow, until even. Place one stick-on In Your Dreams "Gold Sphinx" eye jewel (we coated ours in silver shadow) above each eyebrow, at the downslope of your arch.
3) Brush glitter primer over under eyes circles, from the center spreading out. Apply In Your Dreams "Iridescent Mermaid" chunky glitter to the area with eye shadow brush. Add fine glitter to outside of eyelid.
4) Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes.
5) Use a large powder brush to remove loose glitter, then set with Wet n Wild's "Photofocus Setting Spray."
Acid Barbie Lips
1) Pull double duty with Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in "Melancholia." Use it to line your dry, exfoliated lips, then fill them in. Allow to fully dry.
2) Use a small eye shadow brush to fully cover lipstick with a thin layer of glitter primer.
3) Use the same brush to apply Medusa's Makeup "Rapture" glitter to the outer third of the lips—both sides, top and bottom.
4) Use the same brush to apply In Your Dreams "Pink Pegasus" chunky glitter to the middle of the lips, top and bottom. Mist with setting spray.
1) Cover eye from lid to brow in eye shadow primer. Brush a light brown shadow over entire eye, from brow to eyelashes. Use brown eyeliner along upper and lower lash lines. Get smudgy with a Q-tip!
2) Blend a dark brown shadow from outer third area of eyelid using a small eye shadow brush. Blend using small, light, round strokes.
3) Brush glitter primer from outermost corner to center of eyelid, from lash line to just above lid crease. Brush In Your Dreams "Purple Dragon" and Medusa's Makeup "Rapture" glitters over the primer, gradually concentrating them toward the outermost edge of your eyelid. Seal with setting spray.
4) Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes. Aurora Lady
By Aurora Lady
Model: Taleen Kali; Makeup: Aurora Lady
Photographed by Corina Marie Howell
More from BUST