August is coming to a close (where did the month go??) and a lot of our Busties will be going back to school this fall, so we thought we would compile our intern staff's favorite songs of the past month (new and old!) to wrap up the summer, now that the dog days are over. The nights are already getting cooler, we're all secretly aching to get back to wearing cute boots and knee high socks, and I for one am ready to drink hot coffee again. I mean, I'm not going to stop drinking iced coffee, I just like having the option of drinking a nice foamy latte.
But don't get it twisted, this is not your foamy latte playlist. This is your playlist for the weird transition until we get to that. Trust me, we will get to that later.
- Britney Spears- I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman
- Jose Gonzalez- Teardrop
- tuneyards- Gangsta
- SBTRKT feat. Ezra Koenig- New Dorp. New York.
- Caroline Smith- Magazine
- Lizzo- Batches and Cookies
- Oh Be Clever- My Religion
- First Aid Kit- My Silver Lining
- Joy Kills Sorrow- Was it You
- Sam Smith- I'm Not the Only One
- Becky G- Shower
- Solange- T.O.N.Y.
- Sleeper Agent- Waves
- Lo Fang- When We're Fire
- Jenny Lewis- Head Under Water
What's on your August playlist?
Compiled with help from blog interns Jackie, Samantha, Meg, Sonia, Caelan, and Emily.
Image via Fanpop.