BUST Magazine's Oct/Nov Issue Featuring Cover Icon Hillary Clinton Is On Sale Now!
Here at BUST, the leaves are changing and the pumpkin spice lattes are percolating as we unveil our best fall issue, evs! For our cover story, we’ve got a galaxy of actors, authors, and activists weighing in on why they're Ready for Hillary! This unprecedented presidential issue features essays by Lisa Bonet, Lizzy Caplan, Chelsea Clinton, Kathy Griffin, Kathleen Hanna, Rose McGowan, Amber Rose, Tracee Ellis Ross, Amber Tamblyn, Gloria Steinem, and more! And inside, the surprises keep coming. We’ve got exclusive interviews with Daveed Diggs, Carol Channing, and Abbi Jacobson; a scandalous profile of the Harlem Renaissance’s queer culture queen, Gladys Bentley; and tips for throwing the ultimate lady-friendly Halloween fright fest.
Subscribe now for instant digital access!
Table of Contents Oct/Nov 2016
Stephanie Beatriz, Lisa Bonet, Danielle Brooks, Sasha Bruce, Lizzy Caplan, Chelsea Clinton, Sarah Sophie Flicker, Kathy Griffin, Kathleen Hanna, Porochista Khakpour, Rose McGowan, Amber Rose, Tracee Ellis Ross, Gloria Steinem, Amber Tamblyn, Jamia Wilson, and Lizz Winstead weigh in on why they support Secretary Clinton’s campaign for President.
Host the ultimate lady-friendly horror movie bash. By Callie Watts
Harlem Renaissance renegade Gladys Bentley was the queen of the speakeasy underground. By Lynn Peril
Stage and screen icon Carol Channing looks back on 75 years (!!!) in showbiz. By Molly Simms
A woman with severe sexual challenges goes the extra mile for her sideways smile. By Shelby Hadden
Cold comfort modeled by the band Lion Babe. Photographed by Tawni Bannister, Styled by Courtney Raniszewski
- You can’t touch Phoebe Robinson’s hair; The Succulent Six throw a plus-size party; kid comedy prodigy Saffron Herndon; and more.
- The Hotness: The best pop culture finds for fall. By Emily Rems
- Boy du Jour: Boy du Jour Daveed Diggs makes it big. By Debbie Stoller
- Bra-ometer: Feminist news at a glance. By Solange Castellar
- Pop Quiz: Shirley Chisholm paved the way. By Emily Rems
- There’s no quitting once you start arm knitting; virtual reality visors put you in the movie; Crafting With Feminism; and more.
- Caking Bad: Curry in a hurry. By Terry Hope Romero
- You Go, Girl: Let’s all go to Cincinnati, Ohio! By Danniah Daher
- Fashion advice from artist Monica Canilao; peek inside Deap Vally’s makeup bag; an eyeliner tutorial from Kat Von D; and more.
- Booty Call: Decadent bath and body prods for luxurious goths. By Callie Watts
- Good Stuff: Buys for the apple picker of your eye. By Stephanie J.
THE BUST GUIDE
- Music Reviews; plus the return of M.I.A.!
- Movies: Christine went to The Edge of Seventeen looking for American Honey.
- Books: Reviews; plus Abbi Jacobson on her new illustrated collection, Carry This Book.
- Putting boner enhancers to the test; and more.
- Questions for the Queen: Questions for the Queen Vibing out and sex drought. By Dr. Carol Queen
- One-Handed Read: If You Build It, She Will Come. By Kristina Wright
- Party Pix: Sweet snaps from BUST Craftaculars in Brooklyn and L.A.!
- X Games: Six Little Words. By Tracy Bennett
- Parting Glance: “Meat Swimmer.” By Penelope Gazin