BUST Magazine's December/January Issue Featuring Cover Gal Jemima Kirke!
Actress Jemima Kirke proves why it takes a helluva woman to make a show like Girls. By Sarah Sophie Flicker
The season’s most perfect presents, hand-picked by our editors.
Black-ish star Tracee Ellis Ross is helping to redefine the family sit-com. By Jenni Miller
Mid-century modern miniatures and the grown-ass women who love them. By Johanna Gohmann
A surprising history of Tehran’s changing views on family planning. By Bridey Heing
Super chill looks fit for shaking off the winter blues. Photographed by Christopher Dibble, Styled by Krissie Torgerson
- Heather Matarazzo returns to the big screen in Sisters; unforgettable images created at former slave-trade sites; Oakland’s radical social-justice scouting troop; and more.
- Pop Quiz Bessie Smith 4EVR! By Emily Rems
- The Hotness Movies, music, and more—oh my! By Emily Rems
- Bra-ometer: Feminist news at a glance. By Kara Buller and Solange Castellar
- Boy du Jour No haunted hotel is creepy enough to keep us away from Cheyenne Jackson. By Sabrina Ford
- Museum of Femoribilia Bidding a (not so) fond farewell to Metrecal. By Lynn Peril
- Bra-ometer Feminist news at a glance. By Kara Buller and Solange Castellar
- Craft your own cough drops; the latest sleep gadgets;coloring books for grown-ups; and more.
- Eat Me This ain’t your dorm-room’s ramen. By Chef Rossi
- Around the World in 80 Girls Go, go, go to Puerto Rico! By Lourdes Rodriguez
- Style advice from actor Mel Shimkovitz; stick ‘n’ poke tattoos; ’90s makeup tricks; and more.
- Good Stuff: ‘Tis the season for sequins. By Stephanie J.
- Booty Call: Punk-ass pins ‘n’ patches. By Callie Watts
THE BUST GUIDE
- Music Reviews; plus a compilation from Beat Happening!
- Movies Carol spent 10 Days in a Madhouse with The Danish Girl.
- Books Reviews; plus out-of-this-world new science selections.
- High-tech vibes are keeping pleasure alive; and more.
- One-Handed Read: Warm Welcome. By Louise Lagris
- Questions for the Queen: Vadge Blood And Checking Under the Hood. By Dr. Carol Queen