The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

> Pregnancy - all things good, bad, and otherwise
jasmine77
post May 7 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #1

BUSTie

Hi Kluski!

Congrats! I'm also 7 weeks along. My hubby and I just told his bro and sis-in-law whom we're very close to. It's amazing how much different I feel now that someone knows. I've known I was knocked up since day 27 of my cycle and I've just been keeping it between Mr. Jas and myself. It wasn't until I told them that it feels real to me. I'm not showing, don't really have much morning sickness and in general feel okay except for some fatigue and moodiness. Being able to post on here and talk with someone who's been through it before is helping.

As for sites to check out, I've been to BabyCenter but honestly, most sites out there need to be viewed with a giant sized grain of salt. I'm a medical professional and it just plain amazes me how much misinformation is out there. Another thing that I found kinda helpful for some info and a guideline is a pregnancy week by week book. My sis-in-law let me borrow hers and it's good to have an idea of what's going on in there with the smidgen.

Anyways, hope that helps a little.

Just want to vent a bit, may be something more for the big breated thread but..., I just was measured at a bra shop since I've noticed none of my bras fitting the past few weeks. I'm now officially a 36DDD :-( I'm only 7 weeks along!!! I'm actually quite alarmed by this and I'm having a hard time adjusting to the fact that my boobs are now freak-show material. Any advice? Encouragement? I'm really scared I'm going to turn into a giant walking breast by the time this baby comes and I try breastfeeding.

thanks all, and congrats to car!!!! :-)

-Jasmine
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kluski
post May 7 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #2

hey ladies...

apologies for crashing your party, but as a recently discovered-to-be-knocked-up gal, I have been looking around the past few days for a site/forum that will put me in contact with others who are of both a similar mindset and state of physicality.

We found out on Friday that I am pregnant - apparently somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks - and are thrilled, albeit nervous as hell. Okay, oddly, the other half doesn't seem too nervous, but I am a bit jumpy, or perhaps that is just the constant crying jags from the hormones. We weren't particularly planning this, but then we weren't against it either. We were originally thinking that we would start trying sometime this summer, but basically, we went on vacation to California in April and apparently came back with an extra souvenir. It means that we might have a quite a little New Year's party of our own.

Like others I have seen posted here, I am pretty horrified with the idiocy on other sites and forums - I am hoping to be able to be in touch with other ladies who are also (fairly) well informed of what is going on with them and, at the same time, not all consumed by every ounce of this experience for the next 8 months or so - although I am sure that as it gets further along, it will be harder and harder to forget for a moment what is going on in the inside.

One other reason that I am hoping to connect with all y'all is that, at 6+ weeks, we aren't ready to tell anyone in the family-friends circle and the ability to connect with the lovely ladies of Bust seems like an extension of that circle, albeit an anonymous one.

Enough about me and the bean.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for websites or resources that are out there and are NOT comprised of the top 10 baby names or the like?

I'd love to get your tips and recommendations for resources. I have a great mid-wife to whom I have gone to for general womancare for years now, so I get to call her whenever I like, but I haven't been able to tap my mothering and pregnant friends (of who I currently have 7 due within 4 months of me! dang...) for their suggestions without raising suspicions!

many thanks in advance and I hope to get to know you better in the coming months.

Kluski

+Quote Post
farmgirl
post May 7 2006, 08:33 AM
Post #3

keeping the chickens fed...

**Driveby love & congrats to the car family**

(Despite being on hiatus, I've been checking in every few days specifically to see if car had birthed... :-) )

+Quote Post
anoushh
post May 6 2006, 12:27 AM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

Fantastic!! :-) :-)

+Quote Post
tart
post May 5 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #5

Making up for lost time

Congratulations Car! Hope everything went smoothly for you...

--------------------
It's a parsnip, you dumbass...

+Quote Post
tallgirl
post May 5 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #6

BUSTie

YAY CAR!!! Congratulations!!!! Woo hoo!!!

--------------------
One day... one day there will be peace in my heart, order in my head, and simple silence all around. I just hope I live to see it.

+Quote Post
noof
post May 4 2006, 06:27 PM
Post #7

BUSTie

Congratulations Car!!!!

Cooper will be the bestest big brother evah!

+Quote Post
chani
post May 3 2006, 04:35 PM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

just got the news from mando - a baby boy for car! Yay!!!

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post May 3 2006, 10:25 AM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

just to let you know, car's water broke this morning, and she headed in for probable delivery. will update as soon as i hear.

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
duplessix
post May 3 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #10

BUSTie

meant to say deprived, not deprioved though it sets as good example as to where my mind is these days (mainly, in Elmo's magical drawer). sorry.

--------------------
"Nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart..."

+Quote Post
duplessix
post May 3 2006, 08:57 AM
Post #11

BUSTie

hey, wanted to get my convoluted/sleep-deprioved thoughts on mommyhood out there and thought the best way would be a blog:
http://mommyspell.blogspot.com/

seeking others with similar kinds of momcentric thoughts... please share blogs as i'm ravenous!
xo*

--------------------
"Nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart..."

+Quote Post
noof
post May 3 2006, 07:30 AM
Post #12

BUSTie

After I read your posts, I did further research on Black Cohosh, became alarmed and decided to stop taking it. Thank God and Busties that I only took it for two days.

Chasteberry is supposed to be a better option, but I think I will discuss it with my doctor before popping any more pills. I just have to get over this "I want to be pregnant nownownowNOW" mentality.

I should probably also stop hating every woman (except my precious Busties, natch) who has a bun in the oven

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post May 2 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

yeah, i've seen black cohosh on lists of herbal abortifacients before -- i'd steer clear if you're actively trying to get pregnant.

*closes the door of the dumbwaiter and goes back to lurking*

+Quote Post
chani
post May 2 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

noof - call me a hater, but I'd ditch the cohosh. It has estrogenic properties so taking it every day could interfere with your own verrry sensitive hormonal signals, kind of like the birth control pill.... not really helpful if you're trying to conceive. Let alone the fact that its safety in pregnancy is totally unknown. Make sure you mention it to your doctor.

+Quote Post
car
post May 2 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #15

for being here so rarely, how do I have so many damn posts?!

Noof,that is so frustrating...though from what I have read, secondary infertility is a HUGE problem for a lot of women. I would think there would be more literature around for that.

In the meantime, I would start temping so you have more info for your doctor...it will help give you a good baseline for your "normal" cycle, etc. Good luck!

All was well at the doctors. I am still a "solid 3cm" and 100% effaced, and the baby is low, low, low (lower than last week). The contractions come and go, some really awful others just mild and erratic. And I'm trying to do some natural things to get going so I don't have to be medically induced this weekend. My BP is a bit lower now (130/90) so I'm happy about that...

+Quote Post
noof
post May 2 2006, 06:21 AM
Post #16

BUSTie

~*~*~*~*chillaxin-vibes-for-Car*~*~*~*~

Question: has anyone ever tried Black Cohosh or Chastberry-Tree extraxt to improve their fertility? These herbs are normally used to manage PMS or menopause symptoms, but I've read in several books that they can improve fertility. I'm taking Black Cohosh right now.

The pee sticks were a bust. I'm going in for my annual check-up in a couple of weeks and I'm going to discuss using Clomid with my doctor. In the meantime I'm going to start checking my mucous, and try to find my thermometer so I can start taking my BBT.

I have to say, I find it a bit frustrating that all the literature on infertility seems geared to people who have never had a successful pregnancy ... it's almost like my problem is "less important" because I already have a child!

+Quote Post
car
post May 1 2006, 05:09 AM
Post #17

hee, thanks for the wonderment!

Indeed, I am still here, still pregnant and chillaxin (great word, Chani). I have an OB appt this afternoon, and we'll see what is brewing.

At my appt last week I was 3 cm and 100% effaced. My BP was elevated (140/90), and I am very puffy, so they are monitoring me to make sure this doesn't turn into preeclampsia....I have an induction scheduled for May 7, but would like to do whatever possible to prevent having to be medically induced. Hopefully, my BP will be better at today's appointment, if not they may send me to the hospital straight from her office.

Otherwise, I just continue to have major, painful, regular contractions for an hour or two, and then they go away. Last night they woke me up out of a deep sleep! So I am constantly in this "should we get to the hospital....nope, false alarm" start.

In the meantime, I am doing a LOT of walking, trying to get my body ready for the long haul of labor!

+Quote Post
chani
post Apr 30 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

she posted on lj today - still pregnant and chillaxin.

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Apr 30 2006, 01:40 AM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

I am really wondering what is happening with car.

((((car & family))))

+Quote Post
car
post Apr 24 2006, 06:45 AM
Post #1

Congrats to you jasmine...

with my first pregnancy, I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks too, just to see "viability". I think given my fertility issues, they wanted to be sure...at that point all you can see is the sack and a fluttering heartbeat, but it is amazing!

This pregnancy I didn't have an u/s until my nuchael translucency test at about 12 weeks. Anoush, good luck w/yours on Wednesday! I loved having mine because again, with Coop I had an u/s at 6 weeks but then not another one until about 18-20 weeks, so the one at 12 weeks was fascinating to see how much was already developed by then! Are you also having the blood work part done? Here they do a round of blood screens along w/the nuchael translucency, then a few weeks later do more blood work. I did all of that to alleviate the need for an amnio which I really did not want.

I feel like the watched pot....every phone call and email I get starts with "So, still pregnant?!?!?!?"...its kind of driving me batty, considering my due date isn't until May 10! But now after all my fears of having another preemie, I'm feeling like I may just be making it to term after all. I've been trying to do a fair share of walking (1 hr at a time, 2 times a day) and squatting just trying to get my muscles moving again after so long on bedrest. The contractions are still coming and going - I'll get them every 4 minutes for 2 or 3 hours, then they go away, but they continue to be "non-progressive". I have another appt tomorrow, so we'll see.

Meanwhile, as much as I am fretting financially about how much this bedrest/off work situation is affecting us (it is an additional 6 weeks, and we don't know how much, if any, will be covered by disability) I am loving how much extra time it is giving me with Coop.

+Quote Post
224 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic

224 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 20, 2014 - 03:52 AM