The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anywhere But Here..., The "I don't wanna be in this place anymore" game...
lilacwine13
post Jun 8 2009, 07:43 AM
Post #1

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

Waking up in my tent on a beach in southern California or Organ Pipe National Monument with a full day of hiking ahead.

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Owl_Gang_Girl
post Jun 8 2009, 02:55 AM
Post #2

BUSTie

In Dundee with my super fun friend Gav watching trashy movies and laughing at losers.

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Jun 6 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lilacwine13 @ Jun 4 2009, 09:25 PM) *
At some greasy spoon diner with a huge cheesy omelet, toast, hash browns and a bottomless pot of coffee, writing in my journal. There are a bunch of teenagers hanging out, talking at one table, some college students coming back from the bar at another and a couple of cops on their break. The waitstaff is pleasant if a little bored, and while the food and coffee aren't the best, they're hot.

I'll settle for an IHOP or a Perkins, but sometimes I miss those nights where I could stay up late like that.

I love this. I was so in the mood for diner breakfast earlier this morning, but I'm close to broke so it was breakfast at home for me.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Jun 6 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

Several different emotions/ideas floating around in my head...

One, in bed, under the covers at an undisclosed location with the LD guy, just discovering things and doing whatever we want to do. ...Perhaps in a central California coastal spa resort, with a jacuzzi outside our hotel room, under the deep green trees. And excellent room service. ...White wine, fruit and cheese...mmm.... (I know, how bougie can I get?).

Two, on a deserted beach in the shade of the trees behind me, with nothing but white sands, deep green ocean, pale blue sky, and the beach chair on which I'm sitting. No sounds around me but the ocean and the breeze; no thoughts in my head, other than "ahhhhhhhh...."

Three, in a creaky old painted lady Victorian house on the San Francisco hillside, in and above the fogs, as I look down from my big round captain's window at the top of the house on the SF Bay in my big, comfy cable-knit sweater, a big mug of hot, fresh coffee in my hands.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
zoya
post Jun 6 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #5

uh huh.

I want to be sitting at my desk, writing a book, while the maid I could afford to hire cleans my flat (which is currently a disaster area, whilst I procrastinate online) does all the laundry and dishes, and basically just takes care of everything.

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Jun 6 2009, 08:51 AM
Post #6

the moistiest

i can't believe i'm saying this--after 8 months of winter--but i'd rather it be fall right now, with a cool crisp breeze and an eerie lack of birds singing (save for a crow or two), with the windows propped open, heat just kicked on with that radiator-hasn't-been-used-all-summer smell, bundled in a hoodie and blanket, and either sleeping or watching college football.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jun 5 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #7

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

I want to be at next weekend, in a pretty summer dress, at a street fair, knowing that I have 2 great parties to attend. biggrin.gif

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Jun 4 2009, 11:25 PM
Post #8

At some greasy spoon diner with a huge cheesy omelet, toast, hash browns and a bottomless pot of coffee, writing in my journal. There are a bunch of teenagers hanging out, talking at one table, some college students coming back from the bar at another and a couple of cops on their break. The waitstaff is pleasant if a little bored, and while the food and coffee aren't the best, they're hot.

I'll settle for an IHOP or a Perkins, but sometimes I miss those nights where I could stay up late like that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
foryoursplendor
post Jun 4 2009, 07:41 PM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

A few years ago I went to Southampton (UK) to visit a friend. He'd come home in the middle of the night because he worked late. On one of these nights, he jumped into bed and asked me where I'd be if I could be anywhere in the world. I told him I could be anywhere in the world, I had chosen to visit him.

+Quote Post
shoveit
post May 24 2009, 06:22 AM
Post #10

BUSTie

Back in the crummy town of Worthing in the UK, where i spend 12 years of my life up to about a year ago. Sitting in the same shitty pub we went to every weekend, with an awesome group of friends and a drunken walk home ranting about issues for hours that we would normally spend 15 minutes discussing, because its 'too serious', like the end of the universe and Darwin's theory of evolution.

Good times.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post May 20 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(Persiflager @ May 20 2009, 07:20 AM) *
Cycling along the side of a canal in Amsterdam with spring sunshine and a fresh breeze, second-hand books and wine in the frotn basket, on the way to meet a friend for lunch in a cafe where we'll spend most of the afternoon laughing.

Make it Dublin and I'll just say, "What she said."

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post May 20 2009, 07:20 AM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

Cycling along the side of a canal in Amsterdam with spring sunshine and a fresh breeze, second-hand books and wine in the frotn basket, on the way to meet a friend for lunch in a cafe where we'll spend most of the afternoon laughing.

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
Christine Nectar...
post Apr 29 2009, 10:54 AM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

Getting into bed in my new house under clean sheets, and listening to quietness outside the window.

Sitting on a quiet beach of an Ontario lake, reading a book and drinking cold beer. Sunglasses that engulf my face. Feeling the hot sand between my toes, and glancing up to watch A playing with kiddo in the water, and knowing they'll be at it for the whole afternoon.

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Apr 19 2009, 09:53 AM
Post #14

PANTIES! ew.

Going for a sunny morning run around la Tour Eiffel before spending a lazy afternoon in the Tuileries with a good book, meeting friends for dinner later on. Being in good enough shape to go for a run.

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Apr 9 2009, 11:14 AM
Post #15

Hardcore BUSTie

Sadly no, but it is my dream rolleyes.gif

Actually, an episode with the first three is perfectly possible - maybe if we all wish really hard......

--------------------

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Apr 9 2009, 10:51 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(Persiflager @ Apr 8 2009, 06:39 PM) *
Watching David Tennant's last Dr Who Christmas special, with John Barrowman, James Marsters and Nathan Fillion all as cross-over guest stars. Rampant chemistry, flirting, innuendo and gratuitous nudity galore wink.gif

Maybe I am taking this game too seriously but does that episode actually exist? B/c if so YIPEE!

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Apr 9 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #17

Watching David Tennant's last Dr Who Christmas special, with John Barrowman, James Marsters and Nathan Fillion all as cross-over guest stars. Rampant chemistry, flirting, innuendo and gratuitous nudity galore wink.gif

I'd like to be here too, persiflager.

Or...a coffee shop in an urban area, iced coffee in one hand and a book in the other, a job lasting all year lined up, wearing a nice pair of boots, a dress and my ipod playing Arcade Fire.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Apr 9 2009, 08:08 AM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

In a dive bar in Mexico, with a half-pint of maragrita in front of me and my lover by my side.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Apr 8 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

Or.... sitting at my desk at work, 5 minutes after having given in my notice, savouring the moment.

Or...sitting in the sunny garden, reading a vintage Bunty annual, with the cat by my side when a housemate pops out to say they've just baked lemon curd tarts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Apr 8 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #20

new highs in personal lows daily!

i know it's a cliche for me, but:

in a movie theater, with all my treats next to me, rum and coke in my hand, giddy to see amazing new movie by my favorite director, and someone who loves movies as much as i do, "chin-chin-ing" me.

or in a theater, drinks, candy/chips/lunch, not knowing anything about the movie i'm about to see, save for the title, and it turns out to be some kick ass movie that i am in love with before the title card comes up, and still thinking about, figuring out days afterwards....god... that sounds dreeeeeeeeaaaaammmmy.

lol...i am so easy.

or, in some nice bathroom, in a warm clawfoot tub (or a fancy spa one), bubble bath, and a tv opposite me, about to play a foreign movie i've been afraid/waiting to see for years...

*raises her right hand* i think i have a problem. i'm a movie addict. googles film 12 step programs....

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 27, 2014 - 09:12 PM