The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm A Feminist But I Like..., ...confess your feminist transgressions...
karengirl1988
post Aug 5 2011, 01:12 AM
Post #1

BUSTie

New define on Feminist, confident, independent, love self, and love others.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
danibanu
post Aug 3 2011, 02:34 AM
Post #2

it is an issue all over the world... we should change something and solve it

--------------------

+Quote Post
catch
post Jul 8 2011, 07:39 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(zoya @ Sep 3 2009, 01:53 PM) *
I actually don't even think of that as a feminist transgression - the fact that I AM capable not only of taking care of myself, but capable of getting the whole check and holding any door - yet having the choice to let a man who knows that full well, and still offers to play the traditional male role on a date.... I find that totally feminist.

If paying, or even going dutch, wasn't an option that was socially open to me then I would think about it as a transgression, because that would be exactly the social construct I was fighting against. Back in the day letting a guy do that stuff may have been a transgression, but I don't feel like it is anymore, provided that we (and the guy) know that we could damn well do it ourselves if we wanted to.

just my .02

I can cook and clean and have the right to but I would rather a woman do it. That's not a feminist transgression either.

+Quote Post
catch
post Jul 7 2011, 09:50 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(sexysandee @ Feb 27 2008, 09:41 AM) *
I like when guys do things for me, I love for them to open the car door for me and stand up when I get up to leave the table... it makes me feel special rolleyes.gif

THAT is anti-feminist.

+Quote Post
catch
post Jul 7 2011, 09:44 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(roseviolet @ Feb 10 2009, 12:12 PM) *
I agree with Zoya. Feminists definitely don't hate men. Angie_21, stick around The Lounge a little longer. You'll find a TON of man-lovin' feminists 'round here.

That's a generalization. It's entirely possible to be heterosexual and still hate the other gender. There are plenty of misogynists who are married or have girlfriends. Likewise, there are plenty of heterosexual feminists who do hate men but are also attracted to them.

+Quote Post
catch
post Jul 7 2011, 09:39 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(zoya @ Sep 3 2009, 01:53 PM) *
I actually don't even think of that as a feminist transgression - the fact that I AM capable not only of taking care of myself, but capable of getting the whole check and holding any door - yet having the choice to let a man who knows that full well, and still offers to play the traditional male role on a date.... I find that totally feminist.

If paying, or even going dutch, wasn't an option that was socially open to me then I would think about it as a transgression, because that would be exactly the social construct I was fighting against. Back in the day letting a guy do that stuff may have been a transgression, but I don't feel like it is anymore, provided that we (and the guy) know that we could damn well do it ourselves if we wanted to.

just my .02

I find it totally feminist for my wife to choose to submit to me and cook and clean.

+Quote Post
catch
post Jul 7 2011, 09:01 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(AbleDanger @ Sep 25 2009, 09:29 PM) *
I expect a man to pay on the first date. I think it comes from my mother, just as I will never have my shoes and coat on waiting by the door for a man to get me. I like to make him wait a little for me. After that prefer more of an equal scenario. And I completely judge my date if he doesn't pay, though I feel bad about it. But, to make it more confusing, when I go out for the first time with a woman, I don't expect her to pay and will often offer to because I want to treat her. Sometimes, I don't understand my own contradictions.

Wow, this person is CLEARLY not a feminist. Feminism is about gender equality, not expecting a man to do traditional things because he's a man (or vice-versa). This person's position is consistent with the man expecting the woman to do the cooking, cleaning and serving him.

+Quote Post
AbleDanger
post Sep 25 2009, 09:29 PM
Post #8

BUSTie

I expect a man to pay on the first date. I think it comes from my mother, just as I will never have my shoes and coat on waiting by the door for a man to get me. I like to make him wait a little for me. After that prefer more of an equal scenario. And I completely judge my date if he doesn't pay, though I feel bad about it. But, to make it more confusing, when I go out for the first time with a woman, I don't expect her to pay and will often offer to because I want to treat her. Sometimes, I don't understand my own contradictions.

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Sep 25 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #9

cryostat bitch

I was talking with a male co-worker about self-defense and he was talking about how to disassemble a gun while the perpetrator is holding it aimed at you...I made the remark, "if I were in that situation, you'd be going to my funeral two days later".

He said, "I'd be out hunting".

(he is an avid hunter)

So I said, "okay, I'll make sure it's not hunting season."

He said, "it doesn't matter...if somebody did that to you, I'd be out hunting."

And then I figured out what he meant...I felt pretty cool that somebody would go and avenge my death like that.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
Laura is Great
post Sep 3 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #10

I love Charles Bukowski. Especially Post Office.

--------------------
I'll think of something better to put here later.

+Quote Post
zoya
post Sep 3 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #11

uh huh.

QUOTE(period_monster @ Aug 26 2009, 03:09 AM) *
I love men who open doors and get the check. Especially those who know full well that I am capable but want to treat me well.

just my .02

+Quote Post
Peaceful Cynic
post Aug 30 2009, 08:38 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(period_monster @ Aug 26 2009, 05:09 AM) *
I love men who open doors and get the check. Especially those who know full well that I am capable but want to treat me well.

Ah yes. I totally agree.

I still watch Jon and Kate plus 8.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MadameHooch
post Aug 30 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #13

BUSTie

I'm with you period monster. I'm perfectly fine with going dutch, it's only fair, but sometimes it's nice to just hear a guy say "Let me treat you." Makes ya feel special! I also like little surprises, flowers and the like. Le sigh. I'm such a sucker for corny old school gentleman hospitality!

+Quote Post
period_monster
post Aug 26 2009, 05:09 AM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Jun 26 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #15

the moistiest

i watched the horrendous "My Fake Fiance" starring Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence on TV the other night and loved. everyminute.

+Quote Post
crosby
post Jun 24 2009, 11:42 PM
Post #16

BUSTie

I love, love, LOVE Katt Williams. I like to think he's a feminist in his own right though, because although he regularly calls women 'bitches' during his standup, he also says some pretty cool shit. In one of his shows he's talking about how ridiculous it is that some women are worried about having stretch marks and think that it makes them unattractive. He's just like "We don't care! It either means you were big and got little, or you were little and got big!"

--------------------
"Free your mind and your ass will follow." -George Clinton

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." -the Beatles

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jun 8 2009, 01:33 PM
Post #17

brown delicious

i forgot how much i love the disney princess movies of cinderella, snow white, and sleeping beauty after watching these movies with my little cousin. although, i will say that snow white the character was gravitating to me watching it this time around. sleeping beauty remains my all-time favorite disney princess.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jun 6 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #18

new highs in personal lows daily!

hee hee! yay zoya! you just made me so happy vicariously. wink.gif

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Jun 6 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

Nothin wrong with that monster! I quite like it too. Feminism means you have the choice and independence to find a guy that you actually like hearing it from, and you're only his as long as you want to be!

+Quote Post
zoya
post Jun 6 2009, 09:45 AM
Post #20

uh huh.

.... feeling kinda good when I realized that the new girlfriend of an ex of mine had been gravitating into the bathroom at a bar at the same time as me to check me out. I just thought it was some random girl who ended up in the bathroom at the same times as me (you know how that happens at bars, people seem to get on the same pee schedules) and was totally oblivious until later when it hit me who she was. (I've seen pics of her on facebook) I hate to admit it, but it was kinda nice feeling like the totally hot, comfortable in her own skin one for once.

I'm going to hell.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 19, 2014 - 11:15 PM