Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's In A Name
rogue
post Jan 1 2009, 08:34 AM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

I picked rouge for my new handle because I love the word, quite literally. I love the sound of it and the way it looks and everything about it. I am a nerd, I know, hee hee.

I also like the definition of it according to my dashboard dictionary widget:

"A person whose behavior one disproves of but who is nonetheless likable and attractive."
....reminds me of how Rogueboy's parents most likely thinks of me because I don't fit into their cookie-cutter world.... =P

Oh and deschatsrouge, I have a lovely orange boy too; marmalade-y cats are my most favourite. =)

--------------------
Vixi liber et moriar.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Dec 31 2008, 06:12 AM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

Aw deschatsrouge, marmaladey cats are fantastical! You have reminded me of our old ginger cats - the first was a lady, and she was definitely the smartest and most communicative cat I've ever come across. The second was a grumpy boy and was somewhat less smart - he spent his entire life confused, or angry, or angry and confused. I miss them both muchly.

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
bottleblack
post Dec 31 2008, 02:09 AM
Post #3

BUSTie

bottleblack because I used to dye my hair black for so long

+Quote Post
deschatsrouge
post Dec 31 2008, 12:23 AM
Post #4

A symphony of atrocities.

I am called deschatsrouge because I have a chat rouge or an orange marmalade cat and I have always identified with them. I believe that chats rouge are superior to all other colors of cats. They are thought to be smarter, friendlier, and they are the color of cat most frequently used in advertising. Morris of nine lives started this trend. Oddly chats rouge are mostly male the gene for their color is on the male chromosome. Only one in 10,000 chats rouge is female. That makes me one in 10,000.

--------------------
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." -Exodus 22:18

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Dec 21 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #5

(o)(o)

The two beeps story is a great one!

Foryoursplendor, what's totally awesome, is that I have exactly the same hat as the one in your profile pic, and I'm also in winnipeg. hee.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Dec 19 2008, 10:45 AM
Post #6

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Aww, the Two Beeps story is so cute!

Love the Simpsons reference, foryoursplendor!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
foryoursplendor
post Dec 19 2008, 12:57 AM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

I use foryoursplendor because there is a Simpsons episode where Bart is emancipated. He goes to live in a loft, where Tony Hawk also coincidentally lives. Homer comes over to visit Bart and sees all the expensive home accessories he's bought with Homer's money, so Homer grabs Bart's throat and screams something to the effect of "I pay for your splendor!". I thought the name suitable for myself as I work as an artist, making all sorts of splendorous things.

+Quote Post
ihateoly
post Dec 9 2008, 01:00 PM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(girltrouble @ Nov 28 2008, 09:31 PM) *
i kinda like oly.

but then i've never lived there. it's great place to visit.

...atleast i think so...

I agree Oly is fun to visit. That's what lured me there in the first palce. I went to Yo-Yo-A-Go-Go and the very first Lady Fest and thought it would be a great place to live but, sadly, it was not.

Rudderless, I love the story of Mr. Beeps! It's cute. smile.gif

Hooray for fake names!

--------------------
"Let's go dancing in high heels!"-Liz Lemmon

+Quote Post
pherber
post Dec 2 2008, 01:37 PM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh, I've never seen this thread before...

Pherber is the character Anita Pallenberg played in Performance
...actually she played herself, but it's great anyways.
She's the ultimate rock'n roll bad girl.

+Quote Post
tommynomad
post Nov 30 2008, 01:35 PM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm Tommy. I get around.

--------------------
"If I help women to have babies when they can give them love and affection, [those babies] will not grow up to be rapists or murderers.
They will not build concentration camps."
--Dr. Henry Morgentaler

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Nov 30 2008, 10:41 AM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

Yay to FunnyBird and MaybeSparrow for great taste in music!

I'm thirtiesgirl because I like the '30s...and I'm still in my thirties for another half second. (And once I reach my 40s, I'd like to pretend I'm in my 30s.)

On other forums, I've been Aqualisa, named after the Moonshake song (and it kind of sounds like my real name). I've written music columns for friends' indie music mags under the name Carmelita Honeybun, a made-up name that I thought sounded amusing. And I used to host my college radio show with the name Hostess Cupcake, which coincided with stories I used to tell on the air of my imaginary band, Hostess Cupcake and the Rama Lama Ding Dongs. If I ever get back on the air, I plan to use the name Anita Huggankiss, middle name Amanda. I also have an Italian alter-ego, Donatella Mortadella, who kind of represents my 'goth' side, and just because I like Italian names with those mellifluous double L's.

And since we're discussing names, I have to tell you that I know a guy who legally changed his first and last name to Dresden Black. I'm not kidding. That's really his name. And yes, he does dress in black.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
kari
post Nov 29 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

oooh! I have never seen this thread before! I love hearing the screen name origins.

GT, you have another username now? I like it! Love your pic too, girl, you know you're a hot mama.

My name comes from a song. My mister used to manage a band and they have a song I love called Karianne. I used to be Karianne here til the dingos ate it. Now I'm just kari.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Nov 28 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #13

new highs in personal lows daily!

i kinda like oly.

but then i've never lived there. it's great place to visit.

...atleast i think so...

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Nov 28 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #14

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

I thought I answered this before but it must have been in the previous thread. "Kitten Beaumont" was a name I created as a fun "bar name." It sounded like someone who was fun and sexy and really, really smart, all qualities that I sometimes struggle to find in myself. Over time I've stopped needing this name as "Kitten" and "Jennifer" have become much more the same person but I like that it is still my name here. After all, Bust helped me realize that I am fun and sexy and really, really smart. biggrin.gif

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
Lily_Anne
post Nov 28 2008, 06:30 PM
Post #15

BUSTie

I figured I look like a Lily Anne. It's young, curious, and playful like me. I wanted something that reflected my Southern roots (two-name monikers rule!) and sounds cheerful.

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Nov 28 2008, 04:03 PM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

per·si·flage (pûr'sə-fläzh')
n.
Light good-natured talk; banter.
Light or frivolous manner of discussing a subject.

Hence persiflager = one who banters!

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 28 2008, 04:00 PM
Post #17

(o)(o)

I also thought the same thing Ihateoly. I was thinking, who the fuck is oly and what did they do?

But now I see. Hee, I like it.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
funnybird
post Nov 28 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm glad you explained that IHO. Until now every time I saw post by you I wondered who Oly was and what he'd done wrong - I was even starting to feel sorry for him - "poor Oly, he can't have been THAT bad..." laugh.gif

I named myself after a Mercury Rev song from the album Deserter's Songs (one of my all-time-favourites).

--------------------
What I'm thinking is delicate. If I breathe I might lose it...

+Quote Post
ihateoly
post Nov 28 2008, 01:51 PM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

My handle comes from when I was living in the hell hole known to many as Olympia, Washington. It's a very terrible place with with terrible people that all wear these dumb shirts that say "I heart Oly" (Oly is what the locals call the town). I hated it there and I thought ihateoly would have made a nice shirt and a nice handle.

--------------------
"Let's go dancing in high heels!"-Liz Lemmon

+Quote Post
MaybeSparrow
post Jul 8 2007, 09:00 AM
Post #20

Hardcore BUSTie

My name is from the Neko Case song with the same name.

--------------------
"Acquiring knowledge is like biting into a cheese that gets bigger with every bite" --Henry Miller

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 21, 2014 - 12:28 PM