The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dyke Drama---what Happened To Our L Word Thread?
vixen_within
post Dec 18 2008, 07:01 PM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

I think I left off this show back in season 2 when I was watching it on DVD. It's not because me and my mom weren't TOTALLY ADDICTED to it that I stopped, but I just didn't have the sit down time anymore to watch them back to back, DVD rental style..
I knew the woman who plays Jenny in high school so I also had a morbid curiousity about what Jenny would do next. That character suits her to a tee, but in a subconscious kind of way, to be fair.

--------------------
you cannot erase the reality of me
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Dec 18 2008, 02:13 PM
Post #2

Big Fat Bitch

There's going to be a fifteen minute teaser tonight called "Who Killed Jenny?". I am mighty curious. I didn't like Jenny, but I hope nobody popped a cap in her ass.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 14 2008, 01:56 PM
Post #3

Big Fat Bitch

Y'know, I have no idea why I never watched this show before. Well, actually it was because I didn't have Showtime, but I digress. The season has been pretty good so far.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jan 14 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #4

brown delicious

anyone catch the new epi??

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jan 8 2008, 07:13 PM
Post #5

brown delicious

the 1st epi is definitely setting things up. the helena story both excites me and bores me. it seems kinda obvious for them to pull a lesbian jailhouse scenario. but, hey, i'll watch it. and um, does the actress who plays helena look really skinny? i couldn't remember if she was that skinny last season. but maybe that's to show she is not eating while in jail.

i really love the scene with alice, shane, and i forgot the 3rd party where they are visiting helena in jail.

jenny bothers me too.

and yeah for having shane bringin' sexy back!

--------------------

+Quote Post
designermedusa
post Jan 7 2008, 01:51 PM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm going to put my thoughts on the first episode in white just in case someone hasn't watched it yet.

Thoughts in white below.

First off, Jenny is beyond annoying so far. I'm not one of the Jenny haters from past seasons, but so far she is getting on my nerves big time this season.

I really hope Bette and Tina get back together as to me it just seems right. I'm really tired of Matlin's character. I love Bette's wardrobe especially the red blouse and high waisted skirt.

I'm glad Shane and Paige broke up because Shane is so much better when single. Also glad Shay is gone this season because that storyline bored me.

It seems like Alice and Tasha are going to have an interesting story this season with the Don't Ask Don't Tell thing. Wonder if Papi will be back?

I don't like the Helena story at all, and hope she gets out of jail soon.

Kind of wondering where the Max storyline with a man is going to evolve. The preview from next week seems to be showing this.

I read in an article that The L Word is going to be more fun this season, and not so much drama as last year. I think that's a good idea.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jan 6 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #7

brown delicious

bumpin' this thread up as a result of the new season starting

--------------------

+Quote Post
lunia666
post Mar 2 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

I agree about all the military talk am sick of it to . I have a feeling Shane ( good god she's hot) is about to get her heart broke when dad takes the kid back .

I agree about all the military talk am sick of it to . I have a feeling Shane ( good god she's hot) is about to get her heart broke when dad takes the kid back .

+Quote Post
designermedusa
post Mar 1 2007, 08:21 PM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

I am tired of all the military talk in the scenes with Tasha. She's in the military we get it, enough.

I don't like Helena's new lover. I'm glad Kit told Angus to F off even though I liked Angus.

I hope Shane's dad isn't going to be drama for more than one episode. I like Shane with the Hot Mom.

Maybe Max has found someone who understands and accepts him.

+Quote Post
femmespeak
post Mar 1 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #10

BUSTie

Sixelacat - I was excited to finally see some QAF sex return to the L word, but I have to say that a lot of it was pretty disgusting! - The money in Helena's crotch?? eww!! And Tasha sucking on Alice's toes after being jammed in boots all night? ewww!! And there was NO chemistry between Papi and Kit so I'm pretty glad Kit passed out.

I have to say, I'm pretty nervous for Helena because she seems totally oblivious that poker lady is using her to distract male players. She's always getting conned by people.

I'm excited for Max though - he seems to have found a little love spark in someone who understands him. Yay!

Jenny is a bitch. I hope her movie deal falls through.

--------------------
Did someone just open a can of spam?

+Quote Post
sixelacat
post Feb 27 2007, 01:30 AM
Post #11

Creating demon-radical feminist hybrids since 1974

I cannot let this thread go by the wayside!!! I only get to see the show after some goddess loads it onto YouTube (generally several days to a week after the episode airs) so I mostly lurk, but DAMN last weeks ep. was exactly what I've been waiting for!

I don't care if Helena's hook-up was because of some bet with that chic's friend, she probably lost that bet because she lost the rummy game to Helena anyway. It's about time Helena got a little action!

I am also really liking Alice and Tasha. Tasha seems to force Alice to behave a little more maturely, and Alice helps Tasha to relax a little, so they really seem good for each other.

Bette and Tina should never get back together, period. Tina is just annoying lately, anyway. I couldn't even feel sorry for her when Jenny inevitably screwed her over. And yeah, really really bad things need to happen to Jenny, just for karmic balance. God I so can't stand her!

Lastly, a final HUZZAH for the return of hot sex to the show! Even if Shane and Hot Mom didn't complete their hook-up, that kind of chemistry has been sadly lacking, and the PSAs in its place have been more than annoying, so YAY for the writers finding their groove!!!

--------------------
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!

+Quote Post
femmespeak
post Feb 20 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #12

BUSTie

I TOTALLY agree with you about Bette and Tina. They need to learn how to get along, but not be together. For Angelica's sake if anything.

So do you think the Helena thing is a bet that woman has with her buddy - to see if she could get Helena to sleep with her??

I'm worried for kit...and for shane...

I kinda like Alice and Tasha - but anything military makes me uber uptight, so it's hard for me to watch her be on a military base and whatnot. Plus, Tasha seems to have PTSD and Alice will have to help her with that if she wants to be with her.

Papi still bugs the hell out of me. But she'll get better I'm sure. And of course Jenny needs to be committed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
designermedusa
post Feb 20 2007, 08:19 AM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

femme, it looks like from next week's preview that Tina is going to try and get back with Bette. I hope that doesn't happen because their relationship should just be over. Tina should just find another woman, but it would be nice to see Tina and Bette get along better.

I used to not like Max either, but this season he is one of my favorite characters.

I like Tasha and Alice together, and I'm starting to like Papi as well.

+Quote Post
femmespeak
post Feb 13 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #14

BUSTie

Last night's episode was my fav so far. They've really gotten into the swing of it!!! It keeps getting better. I'm convinced that Tina is going to also ditch the str8 act and come back to lesbianism, and that will really get Bette's dander up. Just waiting for that. When is the affair with the student going to come back and bite her in the butt?

Oh, and I used to hate Max and would try to will him off the show. But now, he's my fav character!!! (aside from Alice, of course, who is absolutely my fav...) Max's ovaries dropped and now he has balls and I adore him!!!! I can't wait to see what drama unfolds around his work issues. I could kiss him!!! So noble.

And I wonder when Shane's brother is going to get taken away. I'm sure the blonde will help Shane to keep him. Shane and Shea are so cute together!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
superscience
post Feb 12 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #15

Hardcore BUSTie

I think this season's actually pretty good! I've really liked the past three shows. I still hope that Mangus gets killed off, though. Enough with the straight dudes. Gross!

+Quote Post
OreosMom
post Feb 6 2007, 01:22 PM
Post #16

BUSTie

I loved the new episode as well!! I was really dissapointed in Angus and even more so in Tina for not firing that nanny. Who was taking care of the children when all this cheating was going on? Papi versus Shane is becoming ridiculous. Give it up "Paps", Shane is better!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
femmespeak
post Feb 5 2007, 01:07 PM
Post #17

BUSTie

So I actually liked last night's episode! The original hint of Helena's personality came back for a while which I like, Alice was great, I really like Shane as always, the stuff going on with Bette and the artist is great and could go either way which is nice suspense....I'm worried about when Shane has to live in the real world about her brother and I'm sure he's going to get taken away and the underwear modeling won't help her case. I personally don't think it was likely that Angus would cheat, tho others disagree...and he was in a shitty place. So I'm worried about Kit.

All in all - I thought it was a vast improvement.

The plugs for ourchart and now for the lesbian sex book are still annoying as fuck, and Papi can jump off a cliff...but other than that it's improving.

--------------------

+Quote Post
designermedusa
post Feb 3 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

I liked the last episode, but the one before it was much better. I loved the basketball game. Bette pretending not to care, and then she gets on the court and is all competitive, that is so in her character. Jenny holding the ball, and saying don't touch me was hilarious. Kit in the shoe store saying she does not wear double digit shoes was the best line of the episode. I would think it wrong for someone to buy a dog for revenge, but it's in Jenny's character. Glad Max told the girl about his gender issues, and she acted just the way you knew she would act. I don't like the other nanny, and wish Angus would stay away from her.

+Quote Post
OreosMom
post Jan 29 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #19

BUSTie

dry.gif

I'm seriously not enjoying this season. What was up with that basketball game? I don't know if it was supposed to be funny that they were so bad or what. And Jenny getting a old sick dog for her revenge plot is absolutely sickening. Who knows where this season will go from here but so far I really haven't been thrilled.

+Quote Post
femmespeak
post Jan 23 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #20

BUSTie

Totally still not enjoying the season, though I agree that the latest episode was a small improvement. The party scene was okay - Alice made it funny. But they keep doing these political/social topics that they just don't pull off well. At least it showed how difficult it is to straddle straight and gay communities - you have to have a special group of friends to be able to do that.

The Papi thing turned really lame with the whole show-down thing. But it made me like Shane a whole lot more!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 30, 2014 - 11:30 PM