Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Taking Up The Whole Damn Bed!, In Praise of Singledom
Persiflager
post Jan 6 2009, 05:50 AM
Post #41

Hardcore BUSTie

Word. Here's to an awesome year for Stargazer!

*raises champagne glass*

I love this thread - the times I've felt happiest, most confident and have grown the most as a person have all been when I was single, which makes me more and more cautious about entering into relationships. Hurrah for space and independence!

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anna k
post Jan 2 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #42

Hardcore BUSTie

To stargazer! smile.gif

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jan 2 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #43

brown delicious

QUOTE(stargazer @ Sep 19 2008, 02:55 PM) *
so, yesterday in my journal, i decided to choose being single for right now. i feel i have to embrace being single now and not as a defect about me as a woman.

Talk about ego. I'm quoting myself. Ha! Actually this statement is part of my resolution for 2009. I'm being single and not dating this year. I've made alot of poor choices out of fear of being alone and experiencing my own loneliness. 2009 is all about the whole cleansing, purification of the crap I've put myself through the past 5 years.

Here's to me!

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jan 2 2009, 01:28 PM
Post #44

(o)(o)

bumpity

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
futura
post Sep 29 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #45

Hardcore BUSTie

Erinjane, i have a friend who claims he's totally comfortable by eating out alone. He brings a book with him.

When i was visiting my parents they said they remembered me saying i was wondering if i could do it alone. You know, like life, being on your own, operating like this little unit in this world. I didn't even remember, but i was glad they brought it back because now i know I can do it.

--------------------
"It was when I found out I could make mistakes that I knew I was on to something"- Ornette Coleman

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Sep 29 2008, 04:14 PM
Post #46

Hardcore BUSTie

futura, I agree with pretty much everything you said. I don't go out much alone in my city because I'm usually too busy, but I love going on vacation by myself and hitting a bar alone or going out for meals alone. I think it makes other people uncomfortable sometimes though. tongue.gif

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
futura
post Sep 29 2008, 02:55 AM
Post #47

Hardcore BUSTie

After a long relationship we decided it was best to call it quits. I now see all the things that held me (and him probably as well) down (that post from that british blogger on the other page; the one that says-single:'advantage' and then-couple:'advantage'in my relationship it was soo not like that). My ex is a really nice guy (we're friends now-no sex,no sirree!) and i still love him in some way, but he's also very difficult. So i'm enjoying keeping my house clean exactly as i want it, you know, the small stuff.

I also discovered that guys really like me. I have never been single before, as i had my first bf on my 14th. After 8 years i rolled into my previous relationship. Never really looked at other guys as i was so busy with work, and all the stuff you think is important when you're not living life to the fullest.

But here i am, single, sleeping around, never thought i'd get to that, as i was comitted for so long!

Word on travelling alone. Instead of focusing on whoever's coming with you, you're more open to the environment, possibly new encounters. The independence and freedom makes it worthwile.

I also like to go to bars alone. Sometimes i see people on their own at a bar, or gathering and they start checking their cellphone, texting. They're so uncomfortable being alone among people, they have to act busy, like they're about to meet someone, like it's a crime to be somewhere on your own.

--------------------
"It was when I found out I could make mistakes that I knew I was on to something"- Ornette Coleman

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Sep 19 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #48

brown delicious

so, yesterday in my journal, i decided to choose being single for right now. i feel i have to embrace being single now and not as a defect about me as a woman.

--------------------

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Aug 23 2008, 12:25 AM
Post #49

Hardcore BUSTie

Singledom rocks. After sleeping in a dinky twin bed until I was in my mid-20s, and then sharing a queen sized bed (which I bought) with a live-in b/f for several years (we were *not* going to sleep in his dinky twin bed which he'd had since high school), it took me another long time to get used to sleeping in the queen by myself. Years, in fact. But now I'm quite used to it, quite happy with it, and a major spreader. I love to loll, fling my arms & legs about and just let them go where they will without smacking anyone else in the head, arms or other precious body parts. I'm also not a big bed maker, either, so I prefer to do it without sheets. Just a contour sheet and blanket do it for me. Easy in, easy out.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Aug 22 2008, 09:37 PM
Post #50

Hardcore BUSTie

moon, I always want to go down to the pub, drink a beer, and listen to tunes by myself but i never have the courage. Man, I can't wait for my best friend to get home on Sunday so I have someone to go out with regularly again.

I know the name of the thread is "taking up the whole damn bed" but man, lately I just love draping myself all over my pillows and comfy duvet and bed. My bed is mostly red and I just feel sexy laying all naked in it, for some reason, especially when I'm all alone. I don't know what I'm going to do when I'm in a relationship again because I love taking up the whole damn bed. (hah, i just scrolled down to my post in january and saw that I missed sleeping in my own bed alone).

I've been telling everyone right now that I'm going through my selfish phase. I think it's really given me a new found respect for myself. When I was 16 and dying to meet a nice boy so I could go on my first date I never imagined I would be so happy being single.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Moonpieluv
post Aug 22 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #51

Hardcore BUSTie

I tell ya one thing.. I miss being able to come and go as I please, be it out on a walk..out to a local pub alone..etc. without having someone potentially trying to get all weird about it.

I've got cabin fever and feel like just walkin on up to the local pub right now just to get out of the house for a few hours, but will probably get shit for going to a pub, as a woman, alone. sigh.

fuck it... i'm going.

and I definitely miss my bed. it's so much more comfortable than his.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Aug 22 2008, 01:33 AM
Post #52

new highs in personal lows daily!

bump cos this was an awesome thread

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Feb 3 2008, 10:04 AM
Post #53

brown delicious

i'm going to a superbowl party tonight. but, part of me just wants to lay in bed and watch the L word. i really do like my alone time. and alone time with some hawt lesbians is the best.

--------------------

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Jan 29 2008, 04:08 PM
Post #54

Hardcore BUSTie

I just started dating someone and I still hang out in this thread.

I miss having time to myself and luckily the new boy has been very understanding when I told him there will be times where I won't want to see him for a few days, or when I don't feel like texting or talking on the phone. I know if he wasn't so cool about it I would have already freaked out and ended things just as they started.

Tonight and tomorrow I'm once again looking forward to time to myself and sleeping in my own big comfortable bed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mollychan
post Jan 28 2008, 10:38 PM
Post #55

BUSTie

oooh sorry if i killed the mood. i just had to vent somewhere and was trying too hard to look at the positive side of the situation... a bit too soon. i'll be back when i'm in a better frame of mind.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jan 27 2008, 11:11 AM
Post #56

brown delicious

well, you don't have to be dumped to join this thread. you could still identify with being single and dating someone. like me. there is a certain amount of joy that comes with doing some things independently. it is just a space to appreciate it here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mollychan
post Jan 27 2008, 09:58 AM
Post #57

BUSTie

not ready to praise anything yet, but guess i can officially join this thread. just got dumped last night, completely unexpected and crushing. crap.

but... at least i have all this free time to do laundry now? or something.

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Jan 21 2008, 02:05 AM
Post #58

Hardcore BUSTie

Just got into a new relationship with a guy, and I really like him, but I'm soooo looking forward to having the whole day and night to myself tomorrow. I think I'll probably turn my cell off after 5PM and just relax in my own thoughts. I've been single for so long, it's hard to ease back into a relationship.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EllaMinnowPea
post Jan 20 2008, 02:44 AM
Post #59

BUSTie

Good for you, Octinoxate. It was probably Sex and the City that said, there isn't a "Congratulations, you didn't end up with the wrong guy!" Hallmark card.

--------------------
"I arise in the morning torn by the twin desires to reform the world and to enjoy the world. This makes it difficult to plan the day."
E.B. White

+Quote Post
_octinoxate
post Jan 6 2008, 10:33 PM
Post #60

Hardcore BUSTie

perfect sense, star. i feel like so much of who we are can be determined by who we are *to other people*. it's nice to get away from that a bit.

(ten points for me, for not getting back with the guy i broke things off with. i feel like i'm out of that danger zone now... as long as i get laid sometime soon! wink.gif )

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 17, 2014 - 09:55 PM