The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "fight Me" An Essay On Women's Issues
mie fitz
post Aug 31 2006, 12:43 PM
Post #1

will do! it's always hard being new.... don't know where everything is yet smile.gif
sorry 'bout that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sixelacat
post Aug 31 2006, 12:24 PM
Post #2

Creating demon-radical feminist hybrids since 1974

Hi Mie! Welcome to the Lounge! We have so many ongoing conversations going on here already, we try to keep new threads to a minimum (many new posts like yours will fit into an existing thread). You'll get better responses and more interesting feedback if you post this in, say, shameless self-promotion in the AbFad forum, or check out the threads in The F-Word. There are several there in which your essay would be an interesting addition.

Cheers!

eta: ha! x-posted with bunbun! Great minds an' all that....

--------------------
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Aug 31 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #3

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

Welcome to BUST. We are mainly a self-moderated board and try to keep thread creation to a minimum (they can only be deleted in extreme circumstances).
Introduce yourself in the Newbies thread and plug your essay in the Shameless Self-promotion thread over in Ab-Fad.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
mie fitz
post Aug 31 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #4

hey everybody,

I just joined the list, but I've been a longtime reader/subscriber to Bust, my favorite magazine!

Thought you all might be interested....

I wrote an essay entitled "Fight Me" that is included in an anthology called Twentysomething Essays by Twentysomething Writers which just came out this week.

http://www.randomhouse.com/rhpg/20by20contest/

It's an observational humor piece about women's issues: on the surface about how I want to get into a fight, but underneath it explores women's interactions and the question "why do women hold each other back?"

It's a fun piece (and so along the lines of Bust's themes), and the rest of the essays are really interesting and fun, so I thought I'd let you all know.

cheers,
miellyn

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 27, 2014 - 02:28 AM