20 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lost, Redux...
sybarite
post May 27 2010, 04:42 AM
Post #1

it's cards on the table time

Yeah, I have thoughts.
The ending was an utter copout which I found actually offensive. If I had been avidly watching this for 6 years I would have been *pissed*. All the mysteries that were set up, all the puzzles, the invocation of time travel and physics... all led to some simplistic scenario where, after all it was only a dream but now they're all together *in church* so halleluia.

It annoys me on both a narrative and political level. Complete crap.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stargazer
post May 26 2010, 08:13 PM
Post #2

brown delicious

Any thoughts about the final epi?

I will say that the ending disappointed me. Then again, Grey's final epi of the season was superintense that I guess I had big expectations for this show.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Apr 10 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #3

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

It was a great episode but it felt more like a "Tune in next time to find out what happened!" Considering that they have 9 episodes left I'm suprised at how little is known. And the end of that episode was a big question mark for me.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Apr 10 2010, 08:02 AM
Post #4

it's cards on the table time

The last epi with Desmond? AWESOME.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Mar 17 2010, 08:06 PM
Post #5

Yes. I love the very quick shot of Miles holding quite a big diamond. Too funny!

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
eyelet
post Mar 9 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

Aaaand, check.

They wrapped up Nikki and Paulo tonight. I feel better.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Feb 5 2010, 06:34 PM
Post #7

You would be referring to Nikkie & Paulo. They were hated by the fans and the writers soon realized the mistake and killed them off. All things considered, they got a pretty decent end story, IMO. smile.gif

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
eyelet
post Feb 4 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

I feel like they started a whole new show (hoping by now no need for spoiler blackout). Parallel worlds? An entirely new group of people on the island to get used to? I'm a little weary of watching these characters being corralled around at the end of a rifle by one group of bad guys after another. Not going to stop watching though.

On a side note--does anyone remember in first season the couple that were bitten by some spider and thought dead and then were buried but we knew (can't remember how) that they are just paralyzed and were actually buried alive? I'm just wondering if that story line went nowhere. There are probably quite a few loose ends like that. Will be interesting to see how many they re-visit in this last season.

edited to add: I see I asked that same question below. Must have been a forgettable episode for everyone but me.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Feb 3 2010, 06:08 AM
Post #9

brown delicious

I watched the epi prior to the season premiere. Part of me is thinking that some of the clips they are showing (where the plane didn't crash) suggests that the inevitable will happen. We cannot avoid fate. So, the separations, running away, deaths...will happen in some other form.

At the same time, I'm trying to see what happens post-blowup and the events on the island are related.

Good episode and I agree,kittenb, very confusing at the same time.

Btw, could they play the "something weird is happening" music (GT's words) any more than they did last night??

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Feb 2 2010, 10:16 PM
Post #10

Well, in the words of Joeseph Lawrence, "Woah!'

I always thought that Ben would be the scariest villian that the Island could have but the LockeMonster is freaking me out! I didn't realize that Terry O'Quinn's eyes could have so much evil in them.

I have no idea what that episode was about but I had a great time being confused!

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post May 18 2009, 03:06 PM
Post #11

new highs in personal lows daily!

i loved it. i've missed a few seasons, but i loved that they stopped compounding/complicating the problems and started to untie that gordian knot they created for themselves.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post May 18 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #12

sassygrrl

Who saw the finale? Any thoughts? I thought it was one of the best ones they've had, and I can't believe we have to wait 9 months to get any answers to all the questions!

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Apr 9 2009, 05:09 AM
Post #13

Widmore is an Other? W?T?F?

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
lananans
post Apr 6 2009, 07:50 AM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

It is just so confusing. I think I'm just going to have to give up trying to figure it out and just watch and enjoy. It gives me a headache!

It also occurred to me that Ethan is too old in the future/past/whatever. And Ben's character is an enigma. Seriously.

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Apr 5 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #15

That's right, Ben didn't actually die. I should have said shot, not died.

+Quote Post
eyelet
post Apr 1 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

Yes, the 2005 Ethan had to be at least mid-30's, but with all this time twisting, who knows what could happen?

Trying to sort out this story is like remembering a weird dream, you almost have to do it in reverse.

These writers are really on their game now. There were a few things from earlier seasons that were dead-end story lines, like the couple that were bitten by a spider and buried alive in a shallow grave and the sister and brother who were lovers, but other than that, it seems they've known exactly what they were doing from the very beginning.

So far the only way they've shown the time travelers being able to change the future was when Faraday told Desmond what to do and it came to him as a memory in a dream. Maybe that's how grown up Ben is now receiving these memories.

I don't think the young Ben is really dead.

+Quote Post
edie52
post Mar 31 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

As someone pointed out in some other corner of the internet (Jezebel?), the actor who played Ethan was in his 40s when the character was featured a few years back. If he was born in '77, he would've only been in his late 20s when he was killed. (I personally thought he seemed about 30-something.)

I guess it was just an oversight on the part of the producers.

I am beginning to feel like it is some kind of crazy time loop. Like, a few seasons ago when Ben chose Kate, Jack, Hurley, and Sawyer out of all of the survivors, was it because he remembered them from when he was younger? But they didn't remember? And now they're also the ones who got sucked back to '77. I don't know what to think about Sayid's role in it. Ben seemed shocked to see him on the plane. My friend thinks that the woman who captured him works for Whidmore. On the other hand, if Ben got shot in '77, mustn't he have known? And mustn't he have survived?

ARGH mindfuck.

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Mar 31 2009, 05:54 PM
Post #18

Yeah, 12 year-old Ben sure sent chills up my spine. Very creepy. Such a good little actor!

I'm wondering if Sayid's killing Ben is really going to kill him for good or if, as Faraday said, he can't really kill him because he can't alter time?

+Quote Post
lananans
post Mar 31 2009, 03:38 PM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah, the baby's name is Ethan.

+Quote Post
adnarim
post Mar 31 2009, 01:02 PM
Post #20

BUSTie

Sorry for crashing in. I haven't posted on Bust in forever. But, they were calling the baby Ethan last week weren't they??

I agree 12 yr old Ben does a great job - the actor. So creepy.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 26, 2014 - 04:40 PM