Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

562 Pages V  « < 554 555 556 557 558 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kvetch Up
livelyupurself
post May 1 2006, 04:09 AM
Post #11101

Hardcore BUSTie

I didn't want to post the details here but I had to get it out, so oh fucking well. I don't care. I posted in the letters thread.

I am going to try to get a few hours of sleep now. Thanks so much guys.

((((((((syb))))))), I meant to do that earlier in the weekend. Hope things are okay on your front as well.

and pixie, congrats! so, are you mrs. pixie now? :-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mornington
post May 1 2006, 04:01 AM
Post #11102

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

((((lively))))
(((sidecar))) hope the pug sleeps for longer!
yay! for pixie!
(((pinchejoto)))
(((dm))) & happy b-day to mr dm
(((rv & shef))) hope the move is going more smoothly & yay! for better days
(((amilita))) elvis costello and bruce springsteen. I am jealous; hope it was goooood.
(((((((everyone else))))))

hope everyone had a super-fantastic weekend? Bank holiday here today so... yeah. another day off. I finally finally managed to see my friend yesterday evening. It seems the guy she came down with had decided what they were going to do already & so... she's not the most assertive of people, and well, her boy isn't exactly a poster-boy for equality in relationships. and I just thought he was really rude for not making any effort to speak to me, and speaking to his cousins in french or arabic in front of us.

But... Panic! At The Disco was hillarious. Apparently my flatmate has never seen me look so unimpressed by a band before. We waited for nearly two hours to get into the club, and made it just in time. The band were... so brash. Didn't bother trying to make jokes, interact with thier crowd - and assumed that everyone there was a hardcore fan. At least half of the audience was there because they'd heard the name, heard one song, and decided to pitch up because tickets to any other gig of thiers is twice the price of the club. So... we took the piss a lot, and then danced ourselves silly once they'd gone.

kvetch: this is an odd one. I'm re-thinking my views on peope - ok, men more than anything - from north africa. I'm almost afraid my views are really racist - they're certainly not flattering - but at the same time I'm trying to justify them by examining my past experiences. I guess I'm not going to be looking favourably on any country where I get abuse/followed/treated like I'm the world's worst slut and then talked down to for being a woman.

returning-to-normal kvetch: I want a freaking doctor's appointment. Now. I've waited all damn weekend.

+Quote Post
sybarite
post May 1 2006, 03:43 AM
Post #11103

it's cards on the table time

(((((lively))))) Sorry to hear about more drama. I agree, you've gotten way more than your share. Hope today is better for you and yours.

Dunno 'bout the dingoes, but I did find accessing the site tricky yesterday *fingers crossed against dingo shenanigans*

Pixie, so happy your day went so well! The weather sounds kind of romantic actually, very dramatic. And congrats again Mr and Mrs! (whether or not you're taking his name)

Yeah, sidecar, that's my main objection to the bambinos; the hard and endless graft involved. Parents are heroes IMO.

National holiday today but am still hoping to get work done from home. Still in emotional suspense; any vibes would be appreciated.

Hope everyone's Monday goes well...

+Quote Post
livelyupurself
post May 1 2006, 03:31 AM
Post #11104

Hardcore BUSTie

sorry to barge in only to ask for vibes and to be vague about why, but I really need to some emergency vibage desperately. and a hug. I'm emotionally drained and exhausted. There was a major meltdown here tonight, which ended with a broken window. I am amazed nobody called the police. I know that loved ones who decide to stop taking their meds are not a problem that I have any control over, but I feel like I am one huge drama magnet. Holy shit on a shingle, I am tired of freakin' drama.

+Quote Post
sidecar
post Apr 30 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #11105

Queen of the underground

Yeah, i guess so. Sorry guys.

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Apr 30 2006, 08:59 PM
Post #11106

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

Interesting.....I read sidecars message an hour ago...and now it has miraculously posted 2 more times.....Dingos?

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
sidecar
post Apr 30 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #11107

Queen of the underground

OMG, I am so tired from pugsitting. As Martini said, the baby has now been put off for a few more years, because if a baby is as much work as an unhousebroken puppy...um, not for awhile. Although now she is sleeping quietly next to me. Too bad she couldn't have been so calm while I was working on a freelance project. Making edits in Acrobat is not easy when you're holding a wriggly puppy in one hand!

(((RV)))
(((pinchejoto and lively)))
((((amilita))))) hope the show was good! i am seeing Elvis in Chicago tomorrow at a special radio station show. And I hope you stayed for Bruce -- Springsteen live is *incredible* (but especially if you're a fan!)
~~~job vibes to tyger~~~

+Quote Post
sidecar
post Apr 30 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #11108

Queen of the underground

OMG, I am so tired from pugsitting. As Martini said, the baby has now been put off for a few more years, because if a baby is as much work as an unhousebroken puppy...um, not for awhile. Although now she is sleeping quietly next to me. Too bad she couldn't have been so calm while I was working on a freelance project. Making edits in Acrobat is not easy when you're holding a wriggly puppy in one hand!

(((RV)))
((((amilita))))) hope the show was good! i am seeing Elvis in Chicago tomorrow at a special radio station show. And I hope you stayed for Bruce -- Springsteen live is *incredible* (but especially if you're a fan!)
~~~job vibes to tyger~~~

+Quote Post
sidecar
post Apr 30 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #11109

Queen of the underground

(((RV)))
~~~job vibes to tyger~~~

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Apr 30 2006, 01:25 PM
Post #11110

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

Hello lovely Busties! I am a happily married woman! Our wedding was very ...eventful! We got married under a tornado watch. I know RV can appreciate that. It stormed through the whole ceremony, but it cleared off and got sunny right afterwards. But there was so much rain...and we were in "garden room", Half way through teh reception the pipes on the wall started gushing water and it was like a waterfall on the wall. It almost seemed on purpose! SO the botom of my dress is thoughly black from sweeeping along the wet grimy floor. Not many people besides family came because of the weather and we got almost no presents because everyone decided to give us cash...not complaining! The carriage ride was almost an hour long through some rural neighborhoods and it was really great to sit back and discuss the wedding and wave to people who passed us.
RV, you have GOT to stay at the B&B you picked out! OMG! The food was indescribable! The owner waited on us hand and foot. We had a wonderful bubble bath.

This morning we decided to visit historical places around the state and ended up taking a 2 hour drive around a lake and stuff. It is so gonna suck big hairy balls to have to go back to work tomorrow!

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
pinchejoto
post Apr 30 2006, 02:11 AM
Post #11111

BUSTie

:::tiptoeing in:::

{{{{{{{busties}}}}}}}

that is all for now but ill be back soon

+Quote Post
txplumwine
post Apr 29 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #11112

Hardcore BUSTie

Happy wedding to Pixie! Hope it was unbelievably fabulous!

+Quote Post
designermedusa
post Apr 29 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #11113

Hardcore BUSTie

Happy wedding to pixie. I hope it was stress free.

((syb))

((rose and sheff)) I'm sure you will get comfortable in your new place soon.

((amilita)) Glad the gallery walk went well. Have fun at the Jazz festival.

((sidecar)) Have fun pug sitting. I love pugs.

((lively))

I missed Busting all week because I was in a bad mood all week. I'm feeling better now, today I got so much exercise. I worked out this morning and played tennis. Tomorrow is Mr. DM's birthday, but we celebrated today by going out to lunch. No big plans for Sunday, just relaxing and job searching.

I missed lots of posts from this week, much love to all. ((Busties))

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Apr 29 2006, 05:04 PM
Post #11114

I dunno, it might be the best thing. I would expand but I would feel disloyal. I remember posting on here years ago, unhappy and in love. I wouldn't be as foolish to say I never thought that would happen again, but... I had hoped I would never feel that I had to, that I wouldn't feel that alienated from the person I most need to speak to.

Thanks for the hugs. What's happening does need to happen, I think. Have a great Saturday all.

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Apr 29 2006, 04:56 PM
Post #11115

Pacifism kicks ass!

((((((((Syb)))))))) Much love and hugs to you.

Well, our dear Pixiedust should be a married woman by now! Woo hoo! Hope she's having fun at the reception.
~*~*~*~ continued happy wedding vibes for Pixie ~*~*~*~

Hooray for new jobs! And pug-sitting! Boo on getting locked out of one's home. And the flu. And no-show friends.

Today is a better day. Sheff and I went out for a bit. Got drinks at a cafe. Bought nice cheese & some Green & Blacks. Fretted about our new place. Blah blah blah. I've also spent many an hour wrapped up in Girlbomb's book. So damn good!!!!

+Quote Post
sidecar
post Apr 29 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #11116

Queen of the underground

((((syb)))))]
vibes to pixie on her big day!

+Quote Post
mornington
post Apr 29 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #11117

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

(((rv & shef)))
((((syb))))
***pixie***
(((lively)))
yay! for tyger's job
(((((((everyone))))))

I'm off to get myself ready for a night out. We're (hopefully) going to see Panic! At The Disco and dance silly dances. It will be good...

although I'm supposed to have a friend (who I haven't seen for a year) coming with me - but she's looking like a no-show. I hope she's ok as she's coming with a boy & she hasn't known him long. I'm torn between being pissed-off and worrying myself to death.

hope all are having sparkly fun weekends, hugs & vibes all round

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Apr 29 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #11118

(((RV and Sheff)))

And happy wedding day to pixie; hope all goes swimmingly.

Me: domestic meltdown. Really, really bad. I'm numb.

+Quote Post
amilita
post Apr 29 2006, 12:04 PM
Post #11119

Me-yow!

thinking of (((rosev)))...I hope you and Shef are doing something fun today and that you're feeling at least a little better.

also of (((pixie))) hope everything goes well and that you enjoy yourself, above all.

Last night went well...not a huge turnout for the gallery walk, but it was a nice crowd and I had some good conversations. Also felt glad to be having a business with the Mr. and our wonderful friend and partner. It's neato that we all are indispensable in certian ways and that we work so well together. I'm feeling the love.

The article about our house is out today...the pictures aren't on the paper's website, though. I may scan them and cut and paste something together. Thank goodness I don't look horrible in the photo! I am seriously unphotogenic. I'll let you guys know when I have something together to show you.

Tomorrow I go to Jazz Fest to see Elvis Costello play with Alan Toussaint...and will probably stay for Bruce Springstein, who I don't particularly love, but I don't abhor, either. And I will hook up with some old coworkers, which I am excited about. AND I got a free ticket! Woot! So I may try to spend the $40 I saved at one of the art or jewelery booths. I didn't realize until this year that the food is supposed to be great there...it's my first time going! Usually I don't love crowds or the burning sun with no shade in sight, but I gotta go this year.

Next week I will open the gallery every day, so today I plan to relax and do as little as possible. Everyone have a good weekend!

+Quote Post
sidecar
post Apr 29 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #11120

Queen of the underground

((((rosev))))) I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I might be mistaken, but you've never really lived away from your family on a permanent basis before, have you? That must be majorly stressful--and moving is hard, too!

I totally wish I was in the Scottish highlands today.

I missed undie check yesterday (sorry! busy day at work, and it's not gonna let up 'til the middle of next week) but can't help you out today, as I'm just back from the gym and all I'm wearing underneath my gym clothes is a frog bra. And it's not sexy AT ALL.

We are pug-sitting and this is what Sophie has been saying to me all weekend: OH MY GOD THERE'S A DOG IN THE HOUSE A DOG! ANOTHER DOG! OH MY GOD!

And I mostly think about how I'm happy I have no children.

+Quote Post

562 Pages V  « < 554 555 556 557 558 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 28, 2014 - 09:58 AM