The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

> Dreams - why did I dream of so and so...naked?
jsmith
post Aug 22 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #1

It's Calamity Jenn

Yesterday evening my aunt's mother was in a car accident. My brother told me when I got back from work, and by that time she'd been taken to surgery because she was bleeding in her brain. The idea must have rattled me on some subconscious level, because I had a strange dream last night.
I was on the operating table, and they were about to put me under to perform surgery to remove a brain tumour. I was laying there talking to the doctors as they were administering the anesthetics, and the next thing I knew I was waking up. I was amazed that I wasn't in horrific pain, and that I wasn't swollen. Next thing, I was at home, sort of in a fragile state (feeling open and invaded), but stable. The feeling I had all throughout the dream was peaceful, oddly enough, although my well-being was tenuous. Eventually I got to looking in the mirror and became conscious of the portion of my head that had been shaved (they didn't shave all my hair, just the portion surrounding where the tumour was). I was contemplating hacking off the rest of it, or just leaving it like that, waiting for the rest to grow back. But until I decided what to do, I did this silly comb-over, which actually didn't look too bad. The rest of the dream was composed of me quietly fretting about my hair, and my mom being on the verge of tears every time she looked at me.

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Aug 21 2006, 05:51 AM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

I dreamed that I wore these hideous stonewashed Mom jeans to a bellydancing performance, but they looked really good and I could dance reely in them.

+Quote Post
dani837
post Aug 20 2006, 10:50 PM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

Just yesterday I dreamed that I was getting BOTOX! and in my lips!!! so weirddd blink.gif

+Quote Post
opheliathemuse
post Aug 20 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

I keep dreaming of Otoy. This time he worked at a waxing salon and told me he waxed his bikini line. Probably because I just got mine done. Hah!

--------------------
There is a willow grows aslant a brook,
That shows his hoar leaves in the glassy stream.
There with fantastic garlands did she come...

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Aug 20 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #5

sassygrrl

Found out today that my mother and I have been having weird dreams about my sister. She hasn't spoken to either of us in about a year. Family fueds are so weird. It's just strange that both of us were dreaming about her at the same time. She's cut us out of her life b/c my parents wouldn't give her a dream wedding... And she told my aunt/uncle that her and I are extremely close. Yeah, we haven't spoken in over a year. Real fucking close.

The worst part of the dream was I thought it had happened. Thought about writing her, but knew she would never write back.

+Quote Post
flanker_ji
post Aug 17 2006, 03:14 PM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

God, I had a crappy dream last night:

I dreamed that I had been re-hired by my employer to work in the mall (the non-sensical part of the dream, since I worked in a commercial real estate office) then after I worked there for a while, I was fired again!

Before that, I caught the tail end of a dream where I was at a fancy wedding where everyone was dressed in white/cream...

After reading some of your dreams, it reminded me of something I've noticed for a long time - I don't ever remember any scary or disgusting dreams. Which I like, 'cause just reading about some of those dreams here really disturbs me. But it makes me wonder if I'm fairly unique in that way and I don't have those dreams, or if I have them and just choose not to remember them. I usually have mundane dreams in familar places, but where there may be foreign objects or someone is saying something strange.

And I just realized today that this is a thread for posting dreams. Since the inception of this thread, I've read the title closely enough to know it was about dreams, but for some idiotic reason, I thought this was a thread for posting celebrity-related dreams only, which I never have so I never came in here. So then today I wanted to tell someone about my crappy dream, but no one's around, and I thought to myself while perusing the Lounge, "There should be a thread where you can write about dreams - I wonder if everyone would like that..." Then I came back to look at the tile of this thread. Sheesh.

K, rambling over.

--------------------
"Patience is a virtue, but I don't have the time..."

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Aug 17 2006, 03:57 AM
Post #7

cryostat bitch

Wow! I almost killed this thread! But now I'm bringing it back to life.

So, now lately, I've had a recurring dream that the boy is very, very angry with me and is BEATING me. Which is scary to me because I've been a victim of abuse....but the boy has never lifted a hand to me in ten years.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Jun 18 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #8

cryostat bitch

*I really didn't have to say it twice....

--------------------

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Jun 18 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #9

cryostat bitch

And I had a weird dream that I felt guilty that it made me feel peaceful:

I dreamt the boy went blind. And for whatever reason it didn't make me upset. It just sort of made me want to nurture him. We're both very independent and have our own lives...and I am wondering if this dream means I am wishing for him to be more dependent?

*shakes head and walks away feeling guilty*

*turns around*

I really feel bad about not being all upset in the dream that the boy went blind.....??!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jasmith
post Jun 13 2006, 09:08 PM
Post #10

I had a fairly uneventful dream last night, but it's standing out very stark in my mind.
I was cooking some ground meat. I had no idea *why*, I just was. I figured that I'd better think of something good to do with it, didn't want to throw it out. So I pulled out a cookbook and tried to find something quick and easy to make. Every recipe in the book included a picture, and all of them were dark green. The word "basil" was written all over every page in the book. Then I thought, "Spaghetti!". But I'd have to ask my grandmother how she made the sauce. Suddenly I realized it was after 9:00, and everything around me suddenly seemed very dead. I decided against spaghetti, as I didn't want to keep my grandmother up. I walked over to the stove and saw that only a few bits of ground meat were left.
A very uneventful dream, but I remember it very clearly. Maybe it had some kind of profound meaning just below the surface, LOL

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jun 12 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #11

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Sometimes the only way I can shake the feeling left from a bad dream is to talk about it. I don't tend to have repetitive dreams, though.
I like your interpretation of the first dream, that in many ways you were able to save yourself.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jun 12 2006, 09:15 AM
Post #12

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I've been having some really weird, realistic dreams the past few nights.

A couple of nights ago, I had this dream that I was at a friend's house (where I had actually been earlier that night) and I went to use their bathroom. The wall across from the toilet was a big sliding glass door (which it isn't in real life) and I was sitting there and all of a sudden this guy comes up to the glass and I start screaming and he manages to get in. He has a knife. Somehow, I manage to throw something at him and knock the knife out of his hand. I keep screaming, to try to get my boyfriend and friend to come in and save me, but after a couple of screams, I lose my voice. Then I forced myself to wake up.

I think I had this dream because I was at this friend's house earlier that night and I have has a lifelong fear of an attacker coming through a window or seeing creepy things through windows. I just finished a self-defense class a couple of weeks ago, and using your voice was a big part of it. It was a very good sign that in the dream I was able to scream at all- when I had those dreams before the class, nothing would come out. At least now, my subconscious has reassured me that if I really was attacked, I'd probably be able to scream and even fight back. Also, in said self-defense class, my teacher recommended a book called "Her Wits About Her"- it's a collection of true stories from women who successfully fought off an attacker. It's out of print now, but I found it on eBay and just started reading it, so I think it triggered the dream too. It has a whole section of stories from women who prevented an attack just by using their voice. Good book, though- hopefully it won't cause too many more bad dreams.

Then, last night I dreamt that I was back at my parents' house with my boyfriend (like maybe we were living there for some reason? Couldn't really tell) His mom came to drop something off and I went outside to get it from her. She starts going through the trash cans and sees that we're buying regular milk and she flips out and starts yelling that we need to buy organic milk and we're just too cheap and we should spend the extra money- she's really hostile about it. She yells about some other stuff and I go back in the house. I start to tell my boyfriend and my parents about how weird she's being and my dad says, "I think there's something you should know- [my boyfriend's name] has been cheating on you and reading your email and taking money from your account to spend on stuff." I was just really confused and shocked about what was going on. I tried to ask my dad why he would say that and how he would know, and meanwhile my boyfriend is just sitting there, not looking guilty and not denying anything my dad just said. My dad wouldn't tell my how he knew all of this and my boyfriend was just very non-chalant about it, like "oh, yeah, I did all of that, I don't really care about you anymore." And I kept protesting, trying to figure out what was going on, what he would have seen in my email that would have caused him to leave. He said something about his mom being offended by something I said, but it was something really insignificant (maybe that's why she was so pissed off about the milk!) and he was just ignoring me.

I forced myself to wake up and was disoriented for a few seconds. I realized I was in my own house, he was sleeping next to me (and hogging the bed as usual :-)) I rolled over towards him and actually started to cry a little. It took me a while to fall back asleep.

Not sure why I had this dream. Very strange. I'm a little insecure about my relationship with him, but more on my end than his.

Has anyone found that if you make a conscious effort to not dream about something scary, you won't? Like, if I saw a scary movie, or heard a scary story during the day, when I go to bed, if I consciously think, "Don't dream about that", I don't.

When we came home last night, a friend of one of our neighbors had passed out drunk on the stairs that go up to the second floor of our building. It was really startling when we walked in to find this guy laying there. Once we were sure he was still breathing, we went back out and pushed the intercom button for the neighbor (we wouldn't have been able to walk around him to get up the stairs to knock on the door) and the neighbor came down and collected the guy. Before I went to bed, I thought, "no dreams about creepy drunk guys."

Sorry for the long post, but a lot of times, my dreams become repetitive if I don't talk about them. It's pretty unusual for me to have bad dreams, especially ones that still creep me out when I'm awake, so hopefully the past few nights are just a coincidence.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jun 12 2006, 08:24 AM
Post #13

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

bump

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 22 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #14

had a dream about when i was little and taking ballet classes, the shoes came without the little elastic strip across the foot, mom had to sew it on my hand with each new pair of slippers. have to email and thank her for all the hand stitching. what a thing to dream.

and then i had a very raunchy dream about anal sex with a virtual stranger. how the two of them go together is beyond me. huh.

+Quote Post
koala
post May 21 2006, 03:34 PM
Post #15

BUSTie

Last night I had my second dream about one of my professors. She is a really cute lesbian. In my dream, I make plan to have my first lesbian experience with her. They both have been different scenarios but same idea. I wake up really interested in my dreams. What the hell!?!

+Quote Post
msgoofball
post May 17 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

yikes ap...

i had a dream that me and mr. gb were driving to pasadena and on the freeway, we saw a car/boat thing that was way too wide to fit in the lanes but the lanes moved to accomadate it. weird. so we get off the freeway, go to a suburban street and park. and all of the houses on this block are having yard sales...i find stuff i like but we keep going and at the last house is a foster doggie house. all these dogs are in there, all shapes and sizes. One that is medium sized, black and tan, with a crumpled/chewed ear comes up to me, and then goes over to his foster mommy. She tells the dog "i don't know if they want to take you home but we can ask." like the dog asked if he could keep us. freaking adorable and kinda freaky and then i woke up. and now my classmates say i need to find the dog in real life. aaagh.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 17 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #17

Big Fat Bitch

I've been having full blown toxic dreams for the past few days after talking with my mother on Sunday. I keep crashing through fences repeatedly trying to get away, accidentally injuring my hands with needles & broken glass & receiving no help, encountering all kinds of mutants in a Tod Browning-Freaks-Gabbagabbahey- One of us One of us-way, having seizures, etc. The seizure ones are scary because I think they're real until I force myself awake. I dreamt that I was seizing so hard that I fell off the sofa, I spilled food/drinks, I moved my coffee table (It weighs almost as much as I do.), I couldn't control my body, I kicked through the tv & wound up full of glass & covered in gunge. Even scarier was the one where I dreamt I woke up someplace that I didn't know where I was & a a greasy guy was trying to sexually assault me. He made like he was going to try to digitally penetrate me, but I was wearing jeans. I could feel him trying to stick his fingers in my crotch. I hung on to a backpack desperately. I felt drunk/drugged & couldn't stop him. There were people all around, but nobody tried to help me. Suddenly there were cops everywhere & all of the people ran for their cars to escape the police. I tried to beg for help, but I couldn't speak more than a rasp & they couldn't hear me through the chaos or they were ignoring me. I moved towards several large buildings, but they smelled like scat & had stalls for animals. It made me sick, so I had to go outside. When I felt better I staggered back inside & encountered all of these people in festive, cowboy inspired garb leading hundreds of animals through the building. I drunkenly joined the crowd as they walked out onto the fairgrounds & figured out that it was some sort of festival. I made my way to this small building that was very homey & smelled like food. Embroidered pillows, doilies, rosy cheeked, older white people. They thought I was drunk & fed me. I found out I was in some border town in Mexico, but for some reason 99.8% of the population were middle American whites. They offered to let me use the phone, but I didn't have anybody to call. I left & began to wander around. Because I was so disoriented, I fell down a lot & the youths of the community abused/made fun of/stole from me. I laid on the ground immobile why they stole my outer back pack & other stuff. They spit on me & kicked me. One group of people were kind, but I was so confused I couldn't speak to them. I destroyed property, stole from/hurt little children. I had these goodie bags (one was legitimately mine,) but I was too out of it to know which & kept snagging random bags that I thought were mine. I shoved a small child into a pond & repeatedly kicked another one in the face until she fell down a small hill, landing face first into the pond. Nobody would help because they thought I was drunk. I finally found out that there were gas trucks that could carry me over the border. I chased an elderly couple that had a couple weiner dogs in a little covered weiner dog wagon to give me a ride. Earlier they had told me that during certain hours the local factory released toxic effluvia at this one specific time of day & that it was nearing. Somehow I get to the gas station to wait for the fuel trucks. Then it gets REALLY weird. I dunno what it means, but I hope I don't have it again.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
nereid
post May 16 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

Wilhelminawonka, I'm always dreaming about tornados too. I wonder what it can mean? Heh, your leech dream reminds me of a pretty bizarre dream I had a while back. In the dream I had neglected to shave my legs for a looooooooong time, and had long, straight, stiff hairs all over the place. Well I woke up one morning and some kind of louse-like parasite had cemented its big black nits to my leg hairs. OOOOOOHHHHH GROOOOOOOSS!!!!! I shaved after I woke up from that dream.
A few nights ago I had a pretty haunting dream. I say dream because overall, it wasn't a nightmare, but it did have a moment of very disturbing imagery in it. But first, some background: Y'all know how the next episode of CSI is supposed to be about one of the crew getting seriously hurt, or killed? Okay, in the dream, I had come back to the restaurant I work at from a delivery or something. I was waiting for one of my co-workers to finish something up so I could go home. Well all of a sudden I'm at home watching CSI, and it's the one where someone important gets hurt. Sarah was standing looking down at a tattoo gun, which turns into a nail gun, and suddenly fires a nail into her left eye. It showed great gross detail, which CSI normally does. Well, the nail lodged in her brain and killed her. That was the end of the episode. Before the commercial break they showed "scenes from the next episode of CSI". Here comes the disturbing part: The next episode was about Catherine and how she couldn't deal with Sarah's death. In one scene she was having this hallucination that Sarah was lying face up on the ground, dead, with her blackened mouth contorted into some wild grimace and her eyes wide open. Her arms were over her head, and she was pulling/dragging herself toward Catherine. That image was pretty harrowing.

+Quote Post
wilhelminawonka
post May 5 2006, 05:31 PM
Post #19

BUSTie

I had a pretty gross dream.
I dreamed that I was squeezing blackheads in the mirror, and I squeezed one, and out came a great big black leech. It made me feel really weird.
I have so many other weird dreams in my memory banks. One theme that always shows up is tornadoes. I don't know if you guys believe that dreams hold secrets, or can warn us of things in the future, but I do.
When I was young, I remember my gram telling me that she had a dream that her dad drowned, and a week later they found him dead in the water. ooooooooooh!

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post May 4 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #1

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

I had a dream that my godson, who is turning 19 but whom I haven't seen him since he was 7, phoned me up out of the blue and asked to come stay with me, because he is in recovery from addictions and can't stay with his mom anymore, because of HER addictions. (The latter is the reason I lost contact with both of them.)

Oh god, I wonder if it's a premonition...?

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
20 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 19, 2014 - 08:51 PM