The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your Co-Workers
kartermichael65
post Dec 8 2011, 03:18 AM
Post #1

Yes i did encountered the same situation at my workplace but i just faced it positively at waited for the right moment and explained and sorted out all the misunderstandings which my boss had regarding me.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joanneyy
post Jun 1 2011, 02:01 AM
Post #2

QUOTE(genghis cunt @ Mar 16 2011, 11:50 AM) *
I have to work with a truly repugnant person. I can't decide if he is really a misogynist, or is just angry about his marriage. His wife has him WHIPPED, and being a feminist I never use that word, but it's the only term that fits. He has to call her when he gets to work, clocks out for lunch, clocks in for lunch, and when he's leaving. No woman is allowed to call him, not even to ask a work lingerie related question, which is almost impossible considering 90% of our employees are female.

So anyways--he feels totally comfortable commenting on women's physiques. He'll oogle a customer in a low cut shirt and make rauncy comments about co workers. One day I toldhim that if he touches me or hits on me again that I would report \ him to our boss. Now he is uncooperative. He does the opposite of what I ask him to do. i only interact with him when I absolutely have to, so now he lashes out for attention. He is a part time clown, so he is constantly obnoxious.

UGH. I am pissed because both my mom and J. have pointed out to me that there is always one person at every job I have who I hate, and that makes me sad.

Hey I have the exact same problem.. well had i reported him and BAM gone =]

+Quote Post
jAmbre
post May 9 2011, 06:23 AM
Post #3

In all, workplaces are breeding grounds for jealousy, stupidity, and vicious gossip. However, it is up to you to rise above the drama and not feed into it. At the end of they day, you're there to work, not be everyone's best friend. As cheesy as this sounds: Haters gon' hate.

+Quote Post
kinkyJen
post May 7 2011, 07:18 PM
Post #4

BUSTie

BTW everyone, I appologize for the spelling errors in my previous post. I was trying to hurry to type everything before I had to go to work that day and forgot to spell check. I probably look as though I was drunk posting, lol.

--------------------
"It's better to rise than fade away"

+Quote Post
kinkyJen
post Apr 29 2011, 09:25 AM
Post #5

BUSTie

It really irritates me that the guy co-workers always. always get a ton of sales because they have dicks. I could spend an entire Saturday or Sunday with no sales but the guys are hitting the ball out of the park. ARGHH! Should grow a dick and instantly make a ton of sales, lol? I mean c'mon. I've heard some of them selling and some of the guys are b.s.ing the customers. I'm actually honest! I wouldn't lie to you to make a sale, that's not me nor do I find that ethical. WTF! When I went live on commission earlier this month, I noticed a change in attitude towards me. My tape measurer disappeared off of a notebook that I use to take notes and write information, and ended up finding it a week later hidden somewhere behind a cash register. Umm, ok, we're not in 1st grade, we're all adults, I think. Also these sleezebags (referring to the guys) have been telling me things that they want me to know and not info that I should know because it benefits them. For example, they've told me while I was training and that week I went live on commission that it was ok to ring up customers for them when they weren't there, but as I found out after that it didn't work that way and I screwed myself out of a decent commission when they other guy got it for not even being there and probably picking his nose at home.

A gal told me that the majority of the guys won't tell a customer to come back when you're scheduled so they can get the sale when it's protocol to inform the customer when you'll be back. ALSO, where the fuck are my business cards? I'm sure they hid them as well! If I have a problem, nobody comes over to me, so I ask the girls instead of the guys because the guys won't come over to me if I have an issue with the cash register or etc. Sigh....I was so excited to finally get a job after a year of searching, interviewing, with no luck at all, but I'm just going to see how it goes since yesterday I had to call out (I've only been there a month!) because my husband was stuck at work and he told me 30 min. before I had to start my shift. FML!!! When I called, this manager who I know doesn't like me answered the phone. Great, just my luck I thought to myself. My husband and I share a car so it can be so annoying when he gets here 15 min. before I have to work and I rush out the door.

Wow, what a relief venting is! Now that I got this out of my system, I wish everyone a fantastic day! smile.gif

--------------------
"It's better to rise than fade away"

+Quote Post
barbosee
post Apr 9 2011, 12:12 AM
Post #6

One of the default ringtones iPhone receives a call, the room filled with other iPhone users. Anything that could reach into his pocket and awkwardly looks around the room asking that the iPhone is really far away.

--------------------

+Quote Post
toasterbottom
post Mar 16 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #7

BUSTie

LOL I apparently drunk posted in this thread in 06 as meetay.

I hate jobs!!! Today was terrible. I work as a security guard and am currently doing parking enforcement for spring training baseball games at a new facility. I was back from break and it was before we were to get busy, so I took a quick smoke break, knowing I would not get another breather for a few hours once people started to leave the game. I hear my name called while in my covert spot, and pop out, seeing no traffic. Asking what the woman needed, I was informed that two cars had passed by. Whatever, big emergency...not. Another female guard who was working a few yards down called over to me about her feet hurting. I told her I would not mind if she sat for a second, and showed her my spot, continuing to direct the traffic. That's when the shit hit the fan... the woman started yelling to me (from about a block away, with at least 20 onlookers) about how she "don't mind you standing in the shade, but you can't be sitting down when we're out here working. (+ten more sentences elaborating on these ideas and something about us making the same amount of money)" The spot where we were needed happened to be in the shade at that hour... not planned (in fact, I took that spot due to the fact that she took my usual spot). We had each sat for maybe two minutes.

Not to mention that throughout the morning the same woman stood talking to another guard in one spot (a no-no), often not visible to cars I was sending her way, causing them to slow down looking for her/him/anyone with a flag, causing traffic jams. She also went to the bathroom at least 5 times during the first part of our shift. I am not trying to be petty, I am just wondering WTF causes this sort of hypocrisy at shitty jobs, and why is there always some asshole who wants to fuck up a good thing? I even tried to trade spots and asked if she wanted to take a break herself. She said she "wanted to get these cars out of here" (there was only foot traffic through to the other side at this time, no one was driving in our lot).

P.S. After our shift, when I grabbed my drinks and flag and went walking in her direction, she made more snide comments. She then proceeded to commence gossiping about the incident to anyone who would listen, getting people to agree with her and basically single me out (the other girl hightailed it out of there, I got stuck waiting for a lift on the next shuttle), laughing about us as if we were stupid and lazy, saying things like "if you don't like this job, move on and make room for someone who will!" and shit. While I stood there. I wasn't silent, but didn't respond to the stuff the others said, just focused on trying to get her to realize how rude she was being. I said things like "There's no excuse for screaming at a fellow employee in front of patrons--or ever." I had to try really hard not to cry. Honestly, I make 7.50 an hour. It is so not worth it to fucking worry about it, because I got a new job and start next week. I wanted to continue working this job through the season, but I don't know if I can deal with that sort o behavior over silly things that really don't affect anyone unless they are neurotic. The end.

P.P.S. The other girl that got attacked happened to be the niece of the owner or something like that, and she filed a complaint. I guess the other lady "got torn a new one" by the boss (his words). I asked not to work with her again. They said they would see what they could do... For some reason, being yelled at publicly doesn't satisfy me... I mean, clearly this woman has no problem with confrontation, so how is that even a punishment? She yelled "See you later, Alligator!" out the window as she left... Am I crazy to think she was being sarcastic? I think she wanted everyone else in the van from the halfway house to look so she could tell them all to hate me... but maybe I'm being paranoid. What would you do?

P.P.P.S. The halfway house people actually make 50 cents more an hour than the security guards... I'm all for helping people in need, but it's just another slap in the face (I have numerous other complaints about other aspects of this job, including being offered drugs at work and being told dirty jokes and hearing about hot women and all sorts of gross stuff).

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 16 2011, 02:22 PM
Post #8

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(genghis cunt @ Mar 16 2011, 12:50 PM) *
UGH. I am pissed because both my mom and J. have pointed out to me that there is always one person at every job I have who I hate, and that makes me sad.

Only one? This? Is why I refuse to go back to a straight job. I'll suck dick for cash before I go back to the grind.

The misogynist dick at my last straight gig? I humiliated at our Xmas party after one too many comments. I traded secret Santas to get him. I gave him a bag of Cheetos, Visine, lubricant, & a Playboy as a gift. Somehow he didn't get it, but the rest of the office snickered because they all knew his life consisted of smoking dope & beating off.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
genghis cunt
post Mar 16 2011, 11:50 AM
Post #9

BUSTie

I have to work with a truly repugnant person. I can't decide if he is really a misogynist, or is just angry about his marriage. His wife has him WHIPPED, and being a feminist I never use that word, but it's the only term that fits. He has to call her when he gets to work, clocks out for lunch, clocks in for lunch, and when he's leaving. No woman is allowed to call him, not even to ask a work related question, which is almost impossible considering 90% of our employees are female.

So anyways--he feels totally comfortable commenting on women's physiques. He'll oogle a customer in a low cut shirt and make rauncy comments about co workers. One day I toldhim that if he touches me or hits on me again that I would report him to our boss. Now he is uncooperative. He does the opposite of what I ask him to do. i only interact with him when I absolutely have to, so now he lashes out for attention. He is a part time clown, so he is constantly obnoxious.

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Feb 19 2011, 09:36 AM
Post #10

It's Calamity Jenn

Alright, this one is a doozy, and this seems to be the thread closest to appropriate.
I feel like I fucked up somehow. And I don't know how to fix it.
My boss had/has a crush on me. For the longest time I thought that his flirtations were just him being nice because he felt bad for me. But lately I couldn't tell myself that and be satisfied. He said and did things that were just too obvious even for someone as dense as I am.
I'm cutting through a lot of what was said and done, because there's too much to put in a post. Suffice it to say, he said and did things that I did not know how to respond to, given that I'm an idiot when it comes to matters of the heart, that I'm in a relationship, and that he IS my boss. Even though these things were so obvious, I still did not feel comfortable calling him on it. And as obvious as something may seem, I require that people be explicit with me and what they're thinking in regard to me; i.e., I required him to say "I want something more than a work relationship or a friendship with you," but he never said anything like that.
He had said a couple of times that we should have lunch together, whenever was convenient for me. I seized on this as an opportunity to get him away from the work setting, where HE is at the advantage, and I have to tread lightly. If we were away from the work setting, I thought, maybe I could breathe easier, get him to be plain with me, etc.
So a couple of days ago we did go to lunch. It wasn't nearly as easy as I thought it was going to be. I tried to bait him, to get him to be out with it without my having to directly ask. He's either too smart to be baited, or he didn't realize what I was trying to do. So I finally had to ask directly what his intentions were. "Intentions for...?" I pointed to myself. He said that he wanted to get to know me more, and see where things go. I know what that means, and I consider that to be plain enough, so I basically said that things need to stay casual, because I am seeing someone and, well, you're my boss. I then admitted something that I probably should not have. I told him that if I wasn't seeing anyone, and he wasn't my boss, then I would be interested in seeing him. It wasn't a lie, but as I sit here typing this I'm starting to think maybe I should have kept that to myself. He told me more of how he felt, that he was attracted to me because I'm smart, and different, etc. Then he said he felt like a jackass. I told him he shouldn't, I practically pleaded with him, but I guess it's unavoidable. I told him again that I really like him, and wanted to be his friend. But, I don't think that got through.
So yesterday I was sweating the whole thing before I got to work. I didn't know what to expect. I was hoping things would be cool, that we could go on as before, friendly, minus the heavy flirting (which I have to say, didn't actually bother me (I know, I'm an ass)), and part of me was thinking that that would happen. But NO, that isn't what happened. When I walked in the door, he was at one of the registers, probably changing the receipt tape. I looked at him as I walked by, waiting for him to look up, which he did. I smiled and said hi. He said hi back, but I could tell he didn't want to make eye contact with me or say anything to me, because he was so quiet, and looked away so quickly. During my entire 8 hour shift he stayed away from the front. The few times he did come up, he wouldn't look at me, much less acknowledge me. When we all closed last night, he still wouldn't talk directly to me, unless he HAD to. He asked one of my coworkers to ask me to go take care of something, even though I was standing right there. Whenever he did speak to me it was because nobody else was there to relay the message, and he seemed so... meek?

So there it is, and I feel bad. Maybe I handled this wrong, but I didn't know what else to do. Normally I wouldn't feel so bad for upsetting someone, but like I said, I genuinely like this man. Opinions are welcome.

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Aug 4 2006, 10:59 AM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

My car broke down so the other day I had to call my friend and her boyfriend for a ride home from work. I knew they didn't feel like doing it because they were at work all day too and had to go out of their way. Then they get there and have to stand around for a half hour waiting because my co-worker was late. And of course when he finally arrives he starts wandering around instead of immediately going to the register.

We have one register, so when the shifts change you have to count down all the money in the drawer, THEN print a report, THEN you can do the paperwork and leave! So of course when the next shift comes in you want to hurry up and do this right away. But this guy likes to "warm up" to being at work or something by making me wait all the time.

I broke shift without him and then I'm trying to do my paperwork while ringing out 47575894 customers at the same time while he is still wandering around. You'd think that when you're 30 minutes late and the person who's supposed to be leaving has people waiting for her you would get off your ass and ring!

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Jul 29 2006, 09:44 PM
Post #12

sassygrrl

Fuck. So, I've been at my new job for about two months. I hear from one of my co-workers on Friday that she heard a rumor that I was quitting... This person told the rumor bitch that Sassy wasn't quitting yet... Apparantly, they thought b/c one of the new persons was leaving so was I. Yet in a weird way this worked in my advantage, b/c my boss must have heard it. She was kissing my ass.

Anyway, I told my co-worker to tell the rumor person that they needed to get their information from the true source.

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Jul 28 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

that totally sucks. they need to start some kind of bonus system or something- once you get through a certain number of jobs or something. does your supervisor/boss ever notice? would he/she be open to talking about it? Or would it just make it worse for you?

I'm a big slacker, but I get my work done. Always. I'd be soooo embarrased if someone else was getting calls because of me not doing my work! geez...

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Jul 28 2006, 04:13 AM
Post #14

cryostat bitch

So I've got sort of a "thing" going on. I can't call it a crisis or even really a rant. But since I've been switched over to doing refrigeration at our shop as opposed to just doing stupid busywork...I've noticed something.

Many, many, many of our guys, simply do not work. Much, anyway. The three of us (refrigeration people) hit the ground running in the mornings, many times work through lunch, and complete probably eight or nine jobs per day between us.

And yesterday D. (on our crew) confronted B (not on our crew) about why he was starting to receive work that was intended for B. And B said, "because I have 38 open calls". Mind you, B has been seen all around campus, sitting in his service van, chatting on the phone, (for like an HOUR at a time!!), standing on the dock smoking cigarettes, he drops the job and drives to the shop for EVERY break and lunch, which probably cuts at least two hours out of his work day.

And now WE are getting his calls. As well as the calls of other people who are just as big of screw-offs.

And some would say that WE should slow down. Um, why? Because then the refrigeration calls would get backed up. We probably have forty calls backed up between us. Why should we lower our efficiency and our quality of work just to avoid getting somebody else's?

And I don't want to sound self-righteous. But it's frustrating to see these people who just don't seem to care how backed up they are...they just don't get off their butts! One guy had an outstanding work order for a YEAR.

I can't really say this fits in the work sucks thread, because I really enjoy my job. And I enjoy being busy. It makes the day go faster.

But...can't some of the other guys carry their own weight a little bit?

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
meetay
post Jul 4 2006, 02:27 AM
Post #15

BUSTie

Uh, that happens to me at every job. You just have to realize it doesn't matter. I realize it, but no one wants to believe I know what they are always saying and really, really, don't care. Because it's just stupid. And, yes, I'm drunk, but it doesn't matter, because it's still true.

+Quote Post
lila_x
post May 13 2006, 08:15 AM
Post #16

thanks for the support, that feels really good. I went through a hard time and almost thought of quitting (which would be stupid because I really need the money and i don't want my co-workers to think that they win by making me quit). Anyway, I'm on holiday now so it will give me some time to take a little distance and think about what to do. Thankfully my boss didn't write anything on my performance review report. She said she "wanted to give me a chance", which sounds pretty ironic to me as I feel my co-workers didn't give me a chance at all and I don't know how long the stigma of this rumors will follow me...
Again thanks for the support,
-Lila

--------------------
lila x[color=#FF0000]

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 12 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #17

holy crap, show her the letter you just wrote. it's awesome. at least tell her something similar, that you love your work and had no idea that anyone had a problem with you on the job. that you'd like constructive feedback from the boss and coworkers. maybe a group chat to clear the air? gah, that's just awful.

+Quote Post
amywoman
post May 12 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi lila. That has happened to me, although it was a long time ago. Can you go to your boss and ask her to pay attention to you and your work rather than what people say about you?

I imagine that people didn't defend you because you're new. Perhaps this person who started the gossip does this with many new people.

+Quote Post
lila_x
post May 12 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #19

Has anyone ever been the victim of bad rumors at work? I just heard bad stuff we're being said about me behind my back by vicious and jealous co-workers. This thing had been going on for quite a while and noone ever told me or even took my defense.

It puts me in a very difficult situation as my boss heard about it. She thinks I'm not a good "team-player" so it's ruining my reputation and my chances of moving to an even better position.

I basically spent 2 days crying non-stop. I just moved in this new town and since my social life is not that crazy yet, i was investing a lot in my work.

The thing is, I love my work and I was trying to do it well and then this gossiping is just ruining everything by making me look like I'm some kind of mean bitch.

I guess I just need some comfort and maybe some people to tell me they went through the same problems,
thanks!
-sad lila

--------------------
lila x[color=#FF0000]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 28, 2014 - 01:15 PM