The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

> Your Co-Workers
lila_x
post May 12 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #1

Has anyone ever been the victim of bad rumors at work? I just heard bad stuff we're being said about me behind my back by vicious and jealous co-workers. This thing had been going on for quite a while and noone ever told me or even took my defense.

It puts me in a very difficult situation as my boss heard about it. She thinks I'm not a good "team-player" so it's ruining my reputation and my chances of moving to an even better position.

I basically spent 2 days crying non-stop. I just moved in this new town and since my social life is not that crazy yet, i was investing a lot in my work.

The thing is, I love my work and I was trying to do it well and then this gossiping is just ruining everything by making me look like I'm some kind of mean bitch.

I guess I just need some comfort and maybe some people to tell me they went through the same problems,
thanks!
-sad lila

--------------------
lila x[color=#FF0000]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
treehugger
post Jul 28 2006, 04:13 AM
Post #2

cryostat bitch

So I've got sort of a "thing" going on. I can't call it a crisis or even really a rant. But since I've been switched over to doing refrigeration at our shop as opposed to just doing stupid busywork...I've noticed something.

Many, many, many of our guys, simply do not work. Much, anyway. The three of us (refrigeration people) hit the ground running in the mornings, many times work through lunch, and complete probably eight or nine jobs per day between us.

And yesterday D. (on our crew) confronted B (not on our crew) about why he was starting to receive work that was intended for B. And B said, "because I have 38 open calls". Mind you, B has been seen all around campus, sitting in his service van, chatting on the phone, (for like an HOUR at a time!!), standing on the dock smoking cigarettes, he drops the job and drives to the shop for EVERY break and lunch, which probably cuts at least two hours out of his work day.

And now WE are getting his calls. As well as the calls of other people who are just as big of screw-offs.

And some would say that WE should slow down. Um, why? Because then the refrigeration calls would get backed up. We probably have forty calls backed up between us. Why should we lower our efficiency and our quality of work just to avoid getting somebody else's?

And I don't want to sound self-righteous. But it's frustrating to see these people who just don't seem to care how backed up they are...they just don't get off their butts! One guy had an outstanding work order for a YEAR.

I can't really say this fits in the work sucks thread, because I really enjoy my job. And I enjoy being busy. It makes the day go faster.

But...can't some of the other guys carry their own weight a little bit?

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
lila_x   Your Co-Workers   May 12 2006, 02:28 PM
amywoman   Your Co-Workers   May 12 2006, 08:34 PM
pepper   Your Co-Workers   May 12 2006, 10:58 PM
lila_x   Your Co-Workers   May 13 2006, 08:15 AM
meetay   Your Co-Workers   Jul 4 2006, 02:27 AM
maddy29   that totally sucks. they need to start some kind ...   Jul 28 2006, 12:07 PM
sassygrrl   Fuck. So, I've been at my new job for about tw...   Jul 29 2006, 09:44 PM
hellotampon   My car broke down so the other day I had to call m...   Aug 4 2006, 10:59 AM
jsmith   Alright, this one is a doozy, and this seems to be...   Feb 19 2011, 09:36 AM
genghis cunt   I have to work with a truly repugnant person. I c...   Mar 16 2011, 11:50 AM
auralpoison   UGH. I am pissed because both my mom and J. have ...   Mar 16 2011, 02:22 PM
Joanneyy   I have to work with a truly repugnant person. I c...   Jun 1 2011, 02:01 AM
toasterbottom   LOL I apparently drunk posted in this thread in 06...   Mar 16 2011, 10:27 PM
barbosee   One of the default ringtones iPhone receives a cal...   Apr 9 2011, 12:12 AM
kinkyJen   It really irritates me that the guy co-workers alw...   Apr 29 2011, 09:25 AM
kinkyJen   BTW everyone, I appologize for the spelling errors...   May 7 2011, 07:18 PM
jAmbre   In all, workplaces are breeding grounds for jealou...   May 9 2011, 06:23 AM
kartermichael65   Yes i did encountered the same situation at my wor...   Dec 8 2011, 03:18 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 28, 2014 - 08:56 PM