The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

> !@#$%&* Annoying Ads
zillahgirl
post May 3 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh just...I know we're all probably sick of those online ads, the ones that tell you to smash the spider or pick up the baby to win an Ipod or some crap, but I just saw one, the point of which was to LIGHT THE FART. You apparently control a hand holding a lighter and aim at one of several asses (namely a fat one, one in a thong, etc.) all of which are taking turns bending over and emitting colored air. Jesus fuck. That's disgusting and idiotic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rizzo
post May 2 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #2

BUSTie

It's funny--I can't find anything about this commercial on the internet. I saw it on Fox Sunday night during the Simpson's episode. It's a parody of the song "I am woman", but instead, it's "I am man", and it's men singing about how they don't want woman's food, they don't want quiche (how tired is that?), they want "man food", which Burger King provides in the form of some new giant burger. I sent BK a letter, telling them that since they don't serve "women's food", I, as a woman, won't be eating there. I also emailed Fox.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post May 2 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

rizzo, I saw the BK ad that you're talking about! I hated it so much. "I'm a man, I don't want chick food, blah blah blah" it was so stupid. So just because you have a penis that means that you want to eat a pound of beef?

+Quote Post
octobersky
post May 2 2006, 01:32 PM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

I was actually liking the VW ads were they had this German scientist dude and a Nico-like uber blonde assistant. I love it when he says "time to un-pimp zee auto" and some large object falls on a posers car. I haven't seen those ads for awhile though.
It's just funny and reminds me of Austin Powers in some way.

Yes what is the BK commercial? I watched the Simpsons, but missed the first 5 or 10 mintues. I'm with freckleface, describe it and I'm likely to join you. BK's ads have been annoying me for some time now ever since the whole "cock rock" debacle. Now that giant king just FREAKS me the hell out.

+Quote Post
freckleface2727
post May 2 2006, 11:10 AM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

pollystyrene-
in defense of vw's they have an exceptional saftey record(gia notwithstanding) and I say this not only as a lover of all things vw (mostly bugs) but as a former owner of a 85 jetta, who when my mr brought it home to me & wee girl on the Test Drive, thought he had Broken It bc he couldn't get it re-started. turns out that the engine wouldn't ignite w/out the driver's seat belt being engaged. he actually went to get a HAMMER to "fix it" and I about wet my pants once we realised what the real problem was. served him right!
that said, I really loved their german punk "da da da" music commerical and wish they'd bring it back. (sorry!)

rizzo-
which bk commerical do you mean? and what is the worst part that is so awful? I'd join you in complaint if I knew what you meant bc damnit- they discontinued the hot brownie cake there and it was about the only thing I still liked.

--------------------
I am a *spark* in this world; get lit.

+Quote Post
rizzo
post May 2 2006, 07:47 AM
Post #6

BUSTie

Thanks for the info. I found this address for BK:
Burger King Corporation
5505 Blue Lagoon Drive
Miami, FL 33126

and emailed Fox at askfox@foxinc.com

I'll try calling them later. I'll keep you all posted!

+Quote Post
cloverbee
post May 1 2006, 07:03 PM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

welcome, oh no! :p

+Quote Post
oh_no
post May 1 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #8

Rizzo, I saw the commercial you're talking about the other day and it pissed me off too! I looked at Burger King's website and, of course, "Email communication is not accepted." But here's the phone contacts if you wanna give them a ring:

Corporate Headquarters: 305-378-3000
Consumer Relations: 305-378-3535

p.s. my first post!

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post May 1 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #9

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I know, kittenb, those commercials are disturbing, but it's an improvement from the good old days when car makers were so in denial that they resisted putting seat belts in cars because they didn't want people to think their cars were unsafe. Does that seem a little backwards?

(Sorry, I've seen Tucker: Man and His Dream a few too many times!)

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
cloverbee
post May 1 2006, 05:15 PM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

the new pepto bismol commercial is out of control.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post May 1 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #11

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

The new Jetta comercial with the car accident doesn't make me want to buy a Jetta so much as it makes me never want to leave my house.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
glowlita
post May 1 2006, 04:04 PM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

there is some commercial for netflix with paulie walnuts from the sopranos that was earning a good grade until it ended with a shot of a woman wrapped up in a rug...cuz a commercial isn't a commercial without gratuitous violence against women. thanks.

also the lame shower gel commercials that tell men to take back the shower. no woman i know has banished her dude from hygeine.

+Quote Post
rizzo
post Apr 30 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #13

BUSTie

My "Simpson's" viewing this evening was rudely interrupted by a commercial for Burger King that left me speechless. Has anyone else seen this "I am man, hear me roar" nonsense? I tried to find contact info for both Fox and Burger King, but couldn't get past their flash screens. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks!

+Quote Post
lot49
post Apr 30 2006, 01:50 PM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

freckle, please keep posting in here! I haven't seen that ford commerical though.

There's a commercial for some stain remover where two or three women are in an indoor firing range and aiming "stain remover guns" at a stain on a sheet of paper (like the sheet of paper showing a human outline used for real target practice). I HATE IT! HATE! IT!

Why must it always be women only who are fighting stains and why must they always be "battling" them, like it's some kind of epic struggle? Gah.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Apr 30 2006, 08:29 AM
Post #15

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

The Nasonex bee is voiced by Antonio Banderas.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
freckleface2727
post Apr 30 2006, 08:24 AM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

- I've killed this thread!

start posting again & I won't again, I promise!

--------------------

+Quote Post
freckleface2727
post Apr 27 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

the ford "beep beep" fake nuevo pseudo-punk commerical.
that is Fucking ANNOYING!!
when they pan in on the female lead & she hits the nasal BeepBeep I have a flashback to Lady Elaine on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.
I like the guy bass player tho, he looks sweet and gentle for some reason, and I like the way he side-to-side dances.

never saw the BK 'big buckin' chicken'add, maybe it never ran here in the south-east? but that giant King Head thing freaks me out! if I saw that thing peeking in my window or woke up next to it in my bed I swear I'd wet myself and reach for a weapon. the mr teases me about it and one day I forsee a bad practical joke based on it.

fuego lento-
I think the lady w/ the huge stuffed rabbit is like those kids Aunt-person or something, bringing them something impractical and extravagant, in her tiny impractical (unless you're single & w/out kids) car. that's how I took it anyway bc before I had frecklette, I was totally that way w/ my nephews.
I dug the car more than the shoes regardless :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
gardnerella
post Apr 27 2006, 10:39 AM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

I've been staying up late and watching tv with the headphones on. I've noticed that commercial for those Craftmatic beds (the ones that move up and down) has a weird noise that plays when they show an animation for the beds. It creeps me out. It reminded me of random noise some bands have for their secret song at the end of the CD's.

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post Apr 27 2006, 06:46 AM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

oh god i hate that commercial so much i have to leave the room when it's on.

the creepy thing is that the bee reminds me a lot of the Honey Nut Cherrios bee, but, like, an older meth-ed out version.

+Quote Post
steppe_child
post Apr 27 2006, 06:03 AM
Post #1

BUSTie

That goddamned Nasonex commercial with the animated, stoned bee. They play it every five minutes.

+Quote Post
75 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)

75 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 22, 2014 - 08:21 PM