Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

24 Pages V  « < 22 23 24  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don't hate me because I'm beautiful
ladylibrary
post May 26 2006, 08:49 AM
Post #461

Hardcore BUSTie

amen curious! everytime i go there i end up spending a small fortune and the funny thing is that i don't even wear a lot of makeup. i just like to buy it. :-)

again with the bare minerals, i saw they have this new stuff that you use to make your skin look good in natural and artificial light. i really want it since at my work the lighting is awful and everyone always looks sick b/c of it. god, their products are great. has anyone used it before?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
curioushair
post May 25 2006, 03:47 PM
Post #462

Hardcore BUSTie

ladylibrary - The second Sephora is coming to the Galleria sometime this fall, I think. They were still building it the last time I was there. This will be a problem, as I live only fifteen minutes from Brentwood. I see myself going broke by November.

The West County one is cluttered and tiny, and it never seems very clean.

--------------------
Standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me.

+Quote Post
ladylibrary
post May 25 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #463

Hardcore BUSTie

ooohhh curioushair, your from st. louis too! i did not know about the 2nd sephora. where will it be? i am so psyched b/c the one we have now doesen't carry half the stuff the ones in chicago do.

i am addicted to dermadoctor products. they are wonderful if you have crazy skin like me that is super oily and breaks out regardless of how well you take care of it. i too love the bare minerals for my skin type. i have big pores but with bare minerals it looks like i have model skin. all fresh and even and pore free. how did i live without these products for all these years??!!

xoxox

+Quote Post
llamas
post May 25 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #464

Hardcore BUSTie

Yay, tyger, glad you like the bare minerals! :-)

+Quote Post
tyger
post May 24 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #465

Hardcore BUSTie

so, i just got my bare minerals today (llamas, you rock, and once i perfect your mix cds they will be in the mail. it's a pain to re-organize playlists in itunes!) i got the second lightest and a mineral veil. it's a tidge too dark for me (but i've also got not much sun yet this year, and no matter how much i avoid i invariably pick up a bit of a tan), but i did have a super-pale mineral translucent powder from physician's formula that is perfect for winter, but a bit too pale for summer. some custom mixing, and voila! my skin looks flawless! and it also looks makeup-free, which is even cooler. i've always wondered how people manage to cover up zits and stuff, and now i can, too.

my panoramic curl mascara broke the other day. the thing that scrapes off the extra mascara came off the bottle and is now stuck to the wand. whaaaa! i loved that mascara, and it wasn't old enough to replace yet. whine whine snivel snivel. one day when i don't mind getting mascara all over my fingers i shall try to fix it

ETA I just opened the mascara and the damn thing was fine. grrrr. now it's just toying with me. also, i noticed that the bare minerals actually makes my pores fricking DISSAPEAR!! they're not big to begin with but damn, that's amazing stuff

+Quote Post
maimy
post May 8 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #466

Hardcore BUSTie

Cross-posting a question from Best Product Ever to cover extra bases:

The last happy purchase this weekend was L'Oreal's self-tanning spray. Though it seems to work fine, I have been having issues with the spray button. It seems to me really hard to work, and I wonder if I am missing some sort of funky operational quirk or something - from the copy on the package, it seems like it's supposed to spray nonstop, but I can hardly hold the button down to *start* it. And I don't think my arthritis is THAT bad. So I was wondering if there might be some trick I am missing? I know, dorky - but I've missed shit like that before ...

+Quote Post
gogosgirl
post May 1 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #467

Hardcore BUSTie

hi greengals,

thanks for the link. I suggest you cross-post in the "shameless self-promotion thread" located in this forum as well; that actually might be the optimum thread for your info.

welcome to bust!

+Quote Post
greengals
post May 1 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #468

Hey Ladies! (newbie here) I just launched www.greengals.com an incredible site devoted to all thing green for greengals... organic, natural and earth friendly bodycare and more. Offering deals/coupons from natural companies, in depth product reviews and one-stop shopping. I am having contest currently, sign up for our newsletter and be entered to win some body care goodies. Please come by and visit, www.greengals.com ;)

+Quote Post
spirit
post Apr 25 2006, 01:26 PM
Post #469

BUSTie

my new love, green tea antioxidant face complex (moisturizer) by h2o plus. soooo good. $35.
my skin drinks it well. (i have sensitive, dry skin) h20plus.com [not makeup but relevant i thought.]

+Quote Post
heylady
post Apr 23 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #470

Hardcore BUSTie

my report on the visibly even line (of neutrogena, by heylady):

the cleanser is great. although i have dry skin, i NEED a foamy cleaser in order to make me FEEL like i've cleaned all the schmutz off my face. this stufff does that, AND it makes me all soft and flake-free. it is the only stuff that has made me feel like i have the way-uncommon, much talked-about normal skin.

the moisurizer is just moisturiz-y enough for spring and summer months, but you may need to kick it up a knotch for fall/winter (if you have dry skin like me). it really just smells like i'm doing something right. all soy-talked about and good.

as far as making things look more even,,,yes, i have more of a "healthy glow" rather than an "alcoholic flush" these days. does nothing for dark circles, though. i don't know about pregnancy spots, as i've never been.

crossing in the skin care thread.

+Quote Post
curioushair
post Apr 22 2006, 03:35 PM
Post #471

Hardcore BUSTie

Right now I'm diggin' Badger Balm's Chai Rose and Lavender Orange lip balm.

Oh and I just found out we're (St. Louis) getting another Sephora!

--------------------
Standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me.

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 22 23 24
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 28, 2014 - 06:15 AM