The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

> Don't hate me because I'm beautiful
maimy
post Jun 2 2006, 05:27 PM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

(It's a horror/sci-fi movie con. My first time I met Wilma Deering and half the cast of Buck Rodgers, Radar O'Reilly, and (*pant!sigh!*) Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood. More fun than a dance club fulla monkeys, I tellya.)

I am unversed in the ways of the Cream ... leaving that to others ...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Jun 2 2006, 06:37 AM
Post #2

PANTIES! ew.

Chiller? In October? Is that some sort of Halloween-type affair?

Okay, can one of you explain to me what I'm supposed to do with creamy eyeshadow that comes in a tube? I got a teeny tiny tube of Bourjois Survoltee, dabbed the tiniest amount I could on my pinky finger, and smudged it over my lids. I was only going to do a smallish sweep, but I quickly decided to go for the whole lid (NOT up to the browbone or anything like that). HA! A little went a very long way. I love the color (a very shimmery rose), but I don't think it's right for me (brown eyes). Is it? I looked kind of weird with it on. I just don't know what to do with it, but I like the idea of applying makeup with fingers and I loooooove anything that comes in a tube.

What do you think?

+Quote Post
maimy
post Jun 1 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

(Keep an eye peeled in October maybe. There's a convention called Chiller we're hoping to go to - fun, fun!)

In slightly-more-on-topic news, I just received a package of DML Facial Moisturizer. This was recommended to me by my dermatologist like two and a half years ago, and I finally eBayed me up some. I shall report on efficacy soon ...

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post May 31 2006, 07:43 PM
Post #4

PANTIES! ew.

Oh my sweetness, I wish we could do that, too! Or you come up here! Or we meet halfway-ish at WB's. It's got to happen SOMEtime...

+Quote Post
maimy
post May 30 2006, 05:51 PM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

Possum, I use Larenim minerals, and they have foundations, mineral silks, and also something called Porcelain Glow, which doesn't seem to have pigment in it. I am very pale, but olive skinned, which is an impossibly unusual combination. So I go with their 1C foundtion, which happens to be pretty yellow, and mix it with the Porcelain Glow, to lighten it significantly. Perhaps you can find a combo like that, if you want to try minerals?

(One of the things that drew me to Larenim, apart from the rec from someone here, was SAMPLES. I tried the whole new world of minerals for under $20, and actually - having bought the samples nearly a month ago, I have not run out of them YET.)

Raisin I so wish you would come visit so we can have a girly slumber party and play with makeup ... and then go out and dance and drink ...

http://www.larenim.com/

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post May 29 2006, 05:55 AM
Post #6

PANTIES! ew.

Well well well, after how many years of not wearing any makeup (too many, I tell ya!), I'm plunging back in. This should probably go in confessions considering my guilt, but I spent $28 I really don't have on Tarte cheekstain and, well, I think I'm in luuuuuuuuuuuuuve. I LOVE IT! It works well for my skin. It hasn't made my face break out as it did for some of you in the archives.

Has anyone had any luck with tinted moisturizers? Like maybe Neutrogena? Or some other drugstore brand? I'm of medium/olive-toned skin and I'm thinking of getting some tinted moisturizer with sunscreen, seeing that it's summer and I'm almost out of my regular moisturizer with sunscreen. I just want something with pretty sheer coverage, but I don't want to look like I'm wearing anything. What do you think?

+Quote Post
livelyupurself
post May 28 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

I love mineral foundation but I had the same problem with Bare Minerals possum. I like AromaLeigh and they have a wider range of shades. Jane Iredale's lightest shades are bisque or cool sand, they are ok.

+Quote Post
possum
post May 28 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #8

BUSTie

I think I am the only person who Bare Minerals doesn't work for. :-( I wish it did! Maybe y'all can help?

I am whitewhitewhite. Like Rose McGowan white. Kinda blue white. I feel like the Bare Minerals stuff has a yellowy undertone to it so it looks goofy on on me, even in the lightest shade. Meh heh heh.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pagangrrl
post May 28 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #9

BUSTie

Curious--I'm in St. Louis. I work at West County MAC.

In my experience, no Sephora is ever really that clean.

+Quote Post
ladylibrary
post May 26 2006, 08:49 AM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

amen curious! everytime i go there i end up spending a small fortune and the funny thing is that i don't even wear a lot of makeup. i just like to buy it. :-)

again with the bare minerals, i saw they have this new stuff that you use to make your skin look good in natural and artificial light. i really want it since at my work the lighting is awful and everyone always looks sick b/c of it. god, their products are great. has anyone used it before?

+Quote Post
curioushair
post May 25 2006, 03:47 PM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

ladylibrary - The second Sephora is coming to the Galleria sometime this fall, I think. They were still building it the last time I was there. This will be a problem, as I live only fifteen minutes from Brentwood. I see myself going broke by November.

The West County one is cluttered and tiny, and it never seems very clean.

--------------------
Standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me.

+Quote Post
ladylibrary
post May 25 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

ooohhh curioushair, your from st. louis too! i did not know about the 2nd sephora. where will it be? i am so psyched b/c the one we have now doesen't carry half the stuff the ones in chicago do.

i am addicted to dermadoctor products. they are wonderful if you have crazy skin like me that is super oily and breaks out regardless of how well you take care of it. i too love the bare minerals for my skin type. i have big pores but with bare minerals it looks like i have model skin. all fresh and even and pore free. how did i live without these products for all these years??!!

xoxox

+Quote Post
llamas
post May 25 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

Yay, tyger, glad you like the bare minerals! :-)

+Quote Post
tyger
post May 24 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

so, i just got my bare minerals today (llamas, you rock, and once i perfect your mix cds they will be in the mail. it's a pain to re-organize playlists in itunes!) i got the second lightest and a mineral veil. it's a tidge too dark for me (but i've also got not much sun yet this year, and no matter how much i avoid i invariably pick up a bit of a tan), but i did have a super-pale mineral translucent powder from physician's formula that is perfect for winter, but a bit too pale for summer. some custom mixing, and voila! my skin looks flawless! and it also looks makeup-free, which is even cooler. i've always wondered how people manage to cover up zits and stuff, and now i can, too.

my panoramic curl mascara broke the other day. the thing that scrapes off the extra mascara came off the bottle and is now stuck to the wand. whaaaa! i loved that mascara, and it wasn't old enough to replace yet. whine whine snivel snivel. one day when i don't mind getting mascara all over my fingers i shall try to fix it

ETA I just opened the mascara and the damn thing was fine. grrrr. now it's just toying with me. also, i noticed that the bare minerals actually makes my pores fricking DISSAPEAR!! they're not big to begin with but damn, that's amazing stuff

+Quote Post
maimy
post May 8 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #15

Hardcore BUSTie

Cross-posting a question from Best Product Ever to cover extra bases:

The last happy purchase this weekend was L'Oreal's self-tanning spray. Though it seems to work fine, I have been having issues with the spray button. It seems to me really hard to work, and I wonder if I am missing some sort of funky operational quirk or something - from the copy on the package, it seems like it's supposed to spray nonstop, but I can hardly hold the button down to *start* it. And I don't think my arthritis is THAT bad. So I was wondering if there might be some trick I am missing? I know, dorky - but I've missed shit like that before ...

+Quote Post
gogosgirl
post May 1 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

hi greengals,

thanks for the link. I suggest you cross-post in the "shameless self-promotion thread" located in this forum as well; that actually might be the optimum thread for your info.

welcome to bust!

+Quote Post
greengals
post May 1 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #17

Hey Ladies! (newbie here) I just launched www.greengals.com an incredible site devoted to all thing green for greengals... organic, natural and earth friendly bodycare and more. Offering deals/coupons from natural companies, in depth product reviews and one-stop shopping. I am having contest currently, sign up for our newsletter and be entered to win some body care goodies. Please come by and visit, www.greengals.com ;)

+Quote Post
spirit
post Apr 25 2006, 01:26 PM
Post #18

BUSTie

my new love, green tea antioxidant face complex (moisturizer) by h2o plus. soooo good. $35.
my skin drinks it well. (i have sensitive, dry skin) h20plus.com [not makeup but relevant i thought.]

+Quote Post
heylady
post Apr 23 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

my report on the visibly even line (of neutrogena, by heylady):

the cleanser is great. although i have dry skin, i NEED a foamy cleaser in order to make me FEEL like i've cleaned all the schmutz off my face. this stufff does that, AND it makes me all soft and flake-free. it is the only stuff that has made me feel like i have the way-uncommon, much talked-about normal skin.

the moisurizer is just moisturiz-y enough for spring and summer months, but you may need to kick it up a knotch for fall/winter (if you have dry skin like me). it really just smells like i'm doing something right. all soy-talked about and good.

as far as making things look more even,,,yes, i have more of a "healthy glow" rather than an "alcoholic flush" these days. does nothing for dark circles, though. i don't know about pregnancy spots, as i've never been.

crossing in the skin care thread.

+Quote Post
curioushair
post Apr 22 2006, 03:35 PM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

Right now I'm diggin' Badger Balm's Chai Rose and Lavender Orange lip balm.

Oh and I just found out we're (St. Louis) getting another Sephora!

--------------------
Standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me.

+Quote Post
24 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic

24 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 22, 2014 - 10:24 AM