Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

55 Pages V  « < 51 52 53 54 55 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The General Health Question Thread
aoakley
post May 30 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #1041

Hi Erin Jane,
I've used Drysol since I was 12 (I'm in the US). You can get only by perscription in the US.

Certain Dry is good too, you can buy online at Drugstore.com.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
erinjane
post May 24 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #1042

Hardcore BUSTie

I thought there was a thread about sweating, but maybe not. I have this problem both armpits though. My doctor suggest Drysol (which i think has a different name in the states). You can get it over the counter and its about $25. Expensive, but I've been using the same bottle for about 4 years. You only use it a couple of nights a week, and only before bed. I didn't believe it would work when I first bought it so I over-used and got a bad rash.

Now I use it about once or twice a week and while it doesn't completely stop the sweating it helps a lot. That combined with secret platinum works the best for me.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
cloverbee
post May 24 2006, 02:08 PM
Post #1043

Hardcore BUSTie

there are things that they can do to stop your armpit from producing sweat. I saw it on tv. I think they take out your sweat glands or something. I would see a dermatologist about it. there is help out there.

+Quote Post
wilhelminawonka
post May 24 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #1044

BUSTie

Does anyone here sweat profusely?
I have tried all different kinds of anti-perspirants, and I still sweat profusely out of my RIGHT ARMPIT ONLY! I can't wear solid colour shirts, unless it is a hoodie, or I have a wet spot in 5 minutes!
Does anyone else have this embarassing problem?
I've heard Botox would make this stop... but I was hoping someone would have a different strategy for me.
Thanks!

+Quote Post
midgemcgrath
post May 23 2006, 06:14 PM
Post #1045

Hardcore BUSTie

thanks, i'll go start it up! (plus, someone in the community forum had a good thread name idea...)

+Quote Post
_octinoxate
post May 23 2006, 05:26 PM
Post #1046

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey, I know I'm a little late jumping in here but I wanted to advise pepper to cool it on the toothbrush! I know, I know, brushing teeth is fabulous and we all love that minty clean feeling, but gum surgery is NOT fun. I had to get two gingival grafts because my gums had worn away too much to hold my teeth in place the way they should. You can get to that state a couple ways: genetics, the way your teeth are arranged, and/or brushing too often/too vigorously. Be careful, or you might find yourself paying someone $2000 to cut skin off the roof of your mouth and sew it to your gums. (Of course, you might be entirely fine if you're not predisposed to having that problem already. But I wanted to put my little scare story out there because I had never even considered that sort of thing as a possibility.)

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post May 23 2006, 01:50 PM
Post #1047

(o)(o)

I agree. (plus I also want to bumpity bumpity over that craptastic tr*ll thread).

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
cloverbee
post May 23 2006, 11:57 AM
Post #1048

Hardcore BUSTie

midge, that is a fantasic idea!

+Quote Post
raskel
post May 23 2006, 11:41 AM
Post #1049

Hardcore BUSTie

I would be into that midge! I don't take medicine unless I really really have to - see below where I had the worst mono known to man.

+Quote Post
midgemcgrath
post May 23 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #1050

Hardcore BUSTie

hey, i'm not getting much feedback in the community forum, so i thought i'd ask here:

what would everyone think about an alternative medicine thread?

(the jamu stick idiot made me think of this...)

+Quote Post
jane007
post May 21 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #1051

i just recieved a $120 toothbrush as a gift and it is heavenly.

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 21 2006, 01:58 PM
Post #1052

nah, i have a gentle bristle brush and with an electric toothbrush you just hold the bristles on your teeth, you don't press at all. i bought it 'cause my dentist recommended it to help with my sensitive gums in the first place and they do seem to bleed less and be a bit healthier in colour. maybe i will ask him to take a look though. thx.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post May 21 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #1053

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I think you also have to consider how hard you're brushing- even if you're not brushing long enough, if you're brushing too hard, you could be wearing away your gumline and that's not good. Maybe ask your dentist if there's signs of gum wear.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
raskel
post May 21 2006, 06:25 AM
Post #1054

Hardcore BUSTie

You can actually brush too much, but I don't know how much is too much. I guess it depends on your teeth. I bruch my teeth 5+ times a day too.

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 20 2006, 11:47 PM
Post #1055

hey, can i brush my teeth for too long? i'm in love with the electric toothbrush (not like that you sickos, geez), it has a timer on it and i brush until it's gone off twice. at least. it just makes my teeth feel so frikken clean and it's, like, effortless. am i scrubbing off a layer of enamel or anything? i brush with a regular toothbrush at work about three times a day too. i use soft brushes but am i over doing it?

+Quote Post
nereid
post May 20 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #1056

Hardcore BUSTie

It has a name?! Didn't know that. Thanks!

+Quote Post
cloverbee
post May 20 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #1057

Hardcore BUSTie

wow, I wonder how much that would cost. I'll see my dermatologist about that one, thanks penelopiad.

+Quote Post
penelopiad
post May 20 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #1058

BUSTie

The chicken skin under the eyes thing is called milia, and they're similar to tiny whiteheads. Moisturizer, especially rich ones, only makes it worse I've found. You can have a dermatologist remove them, apparently.

+Quote Post
cloverbee
post May 19 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #1059

Hardcore BUSTie

I would take some Ginger Root. I think it is both for headache and stomach problems. hope you feel better!!

+Quote Post
erinjane
post May 19 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #1060

Hardcore BUSTie

Ugh, in the past six weeks I've had the flu, strep throat, and now some kind of crazy stomach bug that has wiped me out today.

Does anyone know of something good to take for stomach cramps/nasusea/headache/exhaustion? I just feel so dead. I managed to get down some soup and ice cream but the only comfortable position is curled up in the fetal position.

Unfortunatly I have to work 8 hours tomorrow so this better blow over with a good nights sleep.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post

55 Pages V  « < 51 52 53 54 55 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 22, 2014 - 06:31 PM