The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

55 Pages V  « < 50 51 52 53 54 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The General Health Question Thread
littleidiot
post Jun 8 2006, 11:19 AM
Post #1021

So I've had chronic yeasty beasties in the past... I think I've gotten it more or less under control now (I take acidophilus religiously as well as Azo Yeast) but here's the thing-- even when my crotch is seemingly healthy, I have SO MUCH discharge. It's absurd. I wear a pantyliner every single day of the month because if I don't, I know at some point in the day, my undies will get soaked. What's up with that?? Someone please tell me if this is normal... I think this pattern may have started when I went off of Depo a few years ago (after about 5 years on it) and started the pill. Could that be part of the reason?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Jun 8 2006, 09:55 AM
Post #1022

Hardcore BUSTie

I get heat rash, but never on my butt. I get it where skin touches skin, like on the backs of my legs if I sit curled up for too long, in my cleavage, or my inner elbows. Is it itchy?

+Quote Post
cloverbee
post Jun 6 2006, 06:28 PM
Post #1023

Hardcore BUSTie

she didn't even look at it? what kind of health care establishment was that? I'm sure you are okay. it could also be acne. I know I sweat more and am more oily in the summer which brings on my acne on my arms and legs and elsewhere.

+Quote Post
_octinoxate
post Jun 6 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #1024

Hardcore BUSTie

Ooooh, waterpik. My mom had one of those when I was growing up and I used to use it... it feels so nice, it's like a gum massage. I second treehungger's suggestion.

Here's a question: anyone ever had heat rash? Last night I noticed I had these small little pink pimples on my bum. I was at the medical center today for another problem and asked the nurse what that would be, if I should be worried, etc. (I always always always freak out and think I have an STD whenever anything goes wrong between my knees and my waist!) She told me it's likely just heat rash, esp. this time of year, but didn't actually look at it. Anyone know if she's probably right-on?

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Jun 4 2006, 04:12 PM
Post #1025

cryostat bitch

bkln, I'm pretty much in the same boat; but it was fifteen years since going to a dentist for me.

Here's what worked for me: I got myself one of those chargeable waterpiks...and some grapefruit seed extract. Also some peroxide. Use the water pik, on odd times fill the bath with warm water and three drops of GSE. (it's an antibacterial). And on even times use about 2/3 water and 1/3 peroxide. Use it two times per day. Alternating what solution you use.

The water pik really gets in there nicely. I promise. You'll know. It really helped the condition of my gums.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
numbnuts
post Jun 4 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #1026

BUSTie

I appreciate everyone's input. Now at least I have a some ideas as to how to fix my skin.

+Quote Post
venetia
post Jun 4 2006, 01:36 AM
Post #1027

Hardcore BUSTie

Bklynhermit, I think I've been in the same boat - I have crowded bottom incisors too and due to $ I didn't go to the dentist for 12-13 years (and I grew up without flouride).

And the bottom incisors looked a bit discoloured on the back, and they bled when I flossed, and I was sure they were messed up, but really it was just that plaque had built up on them below the gumline which had irritated the gum. Now they are beautiful and I floss them every day without problems. No cavities in them either.

They will NOT fall out but you need to get them cleaned, even if you just see the hygienist. Also remember to only floss straight up and down not pull the floss through them... my dentist says if he had to choose he would choose floss over a toothbrush.

+Quote Post
tatiana
post Jun 3 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #1028

BUSTie

numbnuts, I had a similar problem, but I couldn't find anything that made it better. It turned out that I was allergic to something that I was using to wash my face (which claimed to be hypoallergenic). My bf also occasionally got that kind of thing and he was breaking out from his shampoo.

Maybe try an organic, unscented lotion (make sure it has no SLS, no parabens, no propylene glycol, no alcohol, no DEA) and same for cleanser and shampoo if this comes back?

Thats all I can think of, unless it's a food allergy.

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Jun 3 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #1029

Hardcore BUSTie

numbnuts, I have no suggestions but I'm wondering if we have a similar problem, except you say you're breaking out.

In the last two months my forehead has gotten nuts. The rest of my face is smooth as can be, but my forehead, especially right in the centre and along the hairline is red and dry and almost sort of bumpy, not smooth like my cheeks. First I thought the problem was too much moisturizer, so I tried washing more but that agravated the problem, so I've stopped washing with soap and put on moisturizer several times a day which has helped, but the skin is still fairly rough. I'm going to eventually go to a dermatologist but I'm trying to find a GP first.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
tyger
post Jun 3 2006, 05:16 PM
Post #1030

Hardcore BUSTie

numb, you really should drink at least 2L of water a day. it's what your body needs to be well hydrated and function properly. also, you should drink an extra glass for every caffeinated beverage you drink, i think.

my suggestion is go see a doctor when you actually have an outbreak of whatever it is on your face. if it's not there, there isn't really anything for a doctor to diagnose, right? like, it took me years to get diagnosed with asthma because i was never actually at the doctor when it was acting up. after years it was finally caught when i was in for an ear infection, but also had a coughing fit (unrelated) when i was getting checked out.

+Quote Post
cloverbee
post Jun 3 2006, 02:49 PM
Post #1031

Hardcore BUSTie

num could it be a form of eczema? I know eczema (sp?) can take many forms. you may try looking up eczema on the net and see if there is a pic of your condition.

+Quote Post
numbnuts
post Jun 3 2006, 01:16 PM
Post #1032

BUSTie

Auralpoison, I only drink 3 or 4 glases of water a day, which I guess is about 1 liter. If I drink much more than that, I spend my life in the bathroom. When my skin flakes, I use moisturizer, but other than that, it's just face-washing and Clearasil for me. I'll look into that omega3 and other stuff, though. Thanks for the response.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 2 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #1033

Big Fat Bitch

Numbnuts, are you staying hydrated? If I don't make sure to drink at *least* two liters of water a day I get dried out. I also make sure to take an omega3 supplement & that seems to help. Do you have a regular skin care regime outside of the Clearasil? Cleanser, toner, moisturizer, etc? I live in a very dry state so I have to keep on top of these things.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
mouse
post Jun 2 2006, 11:33 PM
Post #1034

Most Likely Procrastinating

re: sweating, i swear by certain-dri. you can get it in drugstores for under ten bucks, it's probably the same sort of thing as drysol but not prescription and not as expensive. i swear to god it works, and i sweat a lot. gross.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 2 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #1035

ok, i just got my intro shipment of e3live from the company and it's GREAT!!! even the five year old loves it, he kept askimg me for more and more of it, wow. they send along some other sample supplements that look interesing, i'll tell you what i think when i give them all a try.
this green shit is amazing. maybe i shouldn't have taken it right before bed though, i'm feeling very awake now. hmm. an early morning energy drink? why not! we'll see how it goes.

+Quote Post
numbnuts
post Jun 2 2006, 09:17 PM
Post #1036

BUSTie

I've had a mild but annoying skin problem for years now. My skin becomes red, blotchy and sometimes flaky in certain areas on my face. It's mostly on my cheeks, but I get it around my hairline sometimes, too. Clearasil clears it up and keeps it at bay if I use it once or twice per day, but that's just a Band-Aid; as soon as I quit using it, my skin breaks out again.

I went to a skin doctor about this (with no symptoms at the time) and described the problem, and all he said was that if the Clearasil is working, stick with it. I think he just didn't want to admit that he didn't know what it was. That's 100 bucks down the toilet. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions?

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post May 31 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #1037

Hardcore BUSTie

hm.

i SERIOUSLY have to see a dentist. my dental plan is, um, complicated (mostly due to the fact that i work for a TV show which is currently in hiatus and my coverage only extends for a certain period of time during the hiatus, blah blah blah). i should call my dentist tomorrow and see what can be done about this.

i'll keep flossing my other less crooked teeth, but i'm really worried about flossing the bottom clump. is there a gentler method of doing this?

after googling gum disease, though, it seems like my teeth can probably be salvaged with a good cleaning, regular dental visits from now on, and a commitment to regular flossing, which i have been really bad about i admit.

thanks guys, for reassuring me that, no, my teeth are not going to just fall out of my head RIGHT NOW (apparently you have to have significant tissue loss first, and my teeth haven't really changed much over several years). but, yeah, i need to hie me to the dentist, stat...

+Quote Post
cloverbee
post May 31 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #1038

Hardcore BUSTie

your gums should NEVER bleed. if they do, it is b/c you have bacteria in there and you risk developing gingivitis. in order to save yourself some serious cash and heartache in the future, you need to be able to floss in between every tooth every single day. the dentist can do wonders w/ your teeth and they can help you to find a floss and a technique that will work for you and your teeth. I think you will be okay until you see a dentist. just take midges advice. good luck and keep flossing!

+Quote Post
midgemcgrath
post May 31 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #1039

Hardcore BUSTie

actually (and i'm no pro, so don't quote me...) i would say to try and keep flossing *gently* as possible, and rinsing with warm salt water to soothe and disinfect your gums as well as maybe some listerine to start killing what sounds like rampant gingivitis.

and yes, dentist asap. sounds like you've got plaque and gum disease up the wazoo!

good luck!

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post May 31 2006, 10:36 PM
Post #1040

Hardcore BUSTie

i don't think there's a thread about this, though i considered putting it in either the sin bin or the confessions thread.

i have not been to a dentist in over a decade. and now i'm really scared about my teeth. they are exceedingly crooked, which i generally have no problem with. but the front bottom clump (between the two bottom canines) are SEVERELY crooked. and also small. even though i have pretty good oral hygeine and always try to brush that gang particularly well, they are getting a bit discolored, especially between the two absolute most crooked ones.

when i brushed just now i decided it was a good day to floss (i know, i know).

because i'm worried about that discoloring in the extra-slanty clump, i decided to pay extra special floss attention to those. and the floss GOT STUCK between the most crooked most discolored pair. my gum there bled like my mouth used to when i was a kid, pulling baby teeth. i thought the slantiest worst-off tooth was going to come out!

finally i got the dental floss out and brushed extra carefully. it doesn't feel loose or anything. but now i'm really freaked out. i've always said i liked my crooked teeth and it's not like there's anything wrong with having slightly irregular teeth, bla bla bla. but now i'm worried that it's not just cosmetic - that the crowding is preventing me from being able to clean them well. and since i haven't been to a dentist for regular cleanings in so long...

what should i do? as soon as i can, i am going to the dentist! but in the mean time? has anyone ever dealt with this kind of stuff before? other than brushing, i don't know what i can really do. i clearly can't floss...

+Quote Post

55 Pages V  « < 50 51 52 53 54 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 31, 2014 - 03:48 PM