The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
stargazer
post Aug 26 2010, 06:59 AM
Post #21

brown delicious

First Lady Michelle Obama wearing a horrible looking muumuu. blink.gif

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Jul 9 2010, 08:06 AM
Post #22

Hardcore BUSTie

My boyfriens is a laid-back man, but his only pet peeve when it comes to women's clothing is a cut-out back with the bra-band running right across the gap. If you don't have the bra/bosom to carry that sort of top off, why would you buy one? Ick.

Oh, and on a side-note I was mildly embarrassed the other day as my male flatmate handed me a pair of comfy grey knickers that had ended up in his washing. At least, I was until I looked closer and realised they weren't mine! Apparently his occasional FWB must have thrown them in his laundry basket out of habit while drunk. We were all confused.

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Jul 9 2010, 07:00 AM
Post #23

Hardcore BUSTie

I'd rather wear a hairshirt than a dirty white bra clearly visible through my clothes.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 9 2010, 05:11 AM
Post #24

Big Fat Bitch

Can I ask a weird question?

Bras. They come in many different styles to suit the many different necklines available. I myself have four diff convertible bras, black & beige in colour & two diff styles: one a regular style & the other a plunge for low front/back/sides. I can wear them with anything & they each come with a set of normal straps & clear straps.

So . . . WTF is up with wearing a bra that doesn't match your top? I keep seeing these women in lovely maxi dresses with hot mess bras. Gorgeous summer gowns with standard straps glaring obviously from spaghetti straps, racer backs, halters, etc. Not only that, but wrong colours or heaven for fucking fend DIRTY WHITE bras that are nappy off gray.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Jul 8 2010, 05:27 AM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

Woman on the train this morning - 30-ish, smartly dressed for work with skirt, jacket, white scoop-neck top....

... and a bright-pink-with-yellow-flowers bra clearly visible underneath!

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 6 2010, 08:12 PM
Post #26

Big Fat Bitch

Girl, ain't hardly nobody been up in here in seven months but us chickens!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
damona
post Jul 6 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #27

can i go to bed now?

no one has seen any fashion crimes in 7 months? i refuse to believe that...

saw a dude today who had ripped off the sleeves of his white t-shirt, and ripped open the side seams, them tied it back together at the hem. wtf? it looked like a poncho.

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jan 17 2010, 11:29 AM
Post #28

brown delicious

I call myself out as a CoF. I was looking at pictures from my teens. Research is correct that adolescence lasts until the age of 27. It is funny to see what worked and definitely what didn't in those years. I winced at some of the photos. blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jan 11 2010, 04:07 PM
Post #29

Big Fat Bitch

Um, I used to do this. When I was 19-21, the hottest club in town was a few blocks from my apt. We'd drink, party it up at home & around ten or so head down there half naked. It saved us valuable money on coat check, plus it sobered us up a little bit. It was the walking home that was problematic. I remember once taking off my heels & running through the powder to get home.

Now as a grown up, I laugh. I used to perch on the wall of a parking garage with my cold weather gear & drink a beer watching all the half naked chicks waiting to get into the club.

--------------------

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Jan 11 2010, 03:46 PM
Post #30

Hardcore BUSTie

doodle, I went to a club last week and saw similar CoFs. I saw numerous girls in mini skirts, no pantyhose to even cover their legs a little bit, and girls wearing high heeled SANDALS! Is frostbite the popular new look?

I don't understand it. I had on an undershirt, regular shirt, hoodie, jeans and knee socks. And yes, I was very warm.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jan 11 2010, 02:15 PM
Post #31

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

I just don't understand how baring your flesh in 10 below weather bespeaks any fashion sense whatsoever.

Seen Saturday afternoon: miserable-looking girl at the bus stop with holes in the knees of her jeans about 10 inches long and extending from seam-to-seam. Honestly, she was shivering and looked like she was about to cry.

Seen Friday Night: girl in sleeveless minidress, open-toed HIGH heels (in the snow), no stockings, raised pink gooseflesh all over her body, buying a hot dog from the vendor outside the bar.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Jan 11 2010, 04:00 AM
Post #32

cryostat bitch

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jan 6 2010, 11:25 AM) *
Can I just say that that Jezebel article made me feel really, really OLD? All of their readers were in high school in the early 2000s. I was twenty-six on Y2K. I dressed like a total dork from about 87-97. OLD!

And to add to bad 2000 trends: ANYTHING JUICY COUTURE.

I have you beat, AP. I was 32 on Y2K. smile.gif Talk about OLD!

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Jan 7 2010, 09:14 AM
Post #33

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jan 6 2010, 12:25 PM) *
Can I just say that that Jezebel article made me feel really, really OLD? All of their readers were in high school in the early 2000s. I was twenty-six on Y2K. I dressed like a total dork from about 87-97. OLD!

speaking of old..... juicy couture? are those the sweatpants with juicy on the ass?

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jan 6 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #34

Ice picks.

*snort*

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jan 6 2010, 12:25 PM
Post #35

Big Fat Bitch

--------------------

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Jan 5 2010, 08:41 PM
Post #36

cryostat bitch

LOL Doodlebug-but haven't you heard? Those tiny little stiletto heels, well, they're just ICE PICKS. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jan 5 2010, 04:01 PM
Post #37

High-heeled boots in the winter. In Canada. Hello?

I spent my lunch hour today watching otherwise sensibly-dressed women skitter all over the sidewalks and crosswalks like little tiny toddlers just learning how to walk.

Honestly. Boots with tall, skinny little heels? When there is snow and ice and slush freaking everywhere? I even went for a little skidder myself today, and I have bloody tire treads on the bottom of my boots. These women are tiptoeing around, clinging to the sides of buildings, sliding, falling, and just generally looking like idiots.

Ah yes. Fashion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Dec 27 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #38

Big Fat Bitch

Harem pants, ponchos, white belts, trucker hats, girls jeans on guys, anything worn with "irony", Ed Hardy/SMET & Hollister.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Dec 24 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #39

Hardcore BUSTie

gauchos! ick!

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Dec 22 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #40

brown delicious

Jezebel posted an article about the Worst Fashion Trends of the past decade.

I'm trying to think of what CoF really turned me off. Here is what I got: skinny jeans, any emo wear, crocs, and the return of 80s fashion. I'm sure there is more.

Does any one have any fashion trends from the past decade that they shudder at?

--------------------

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 22, 2014 - 10:54 PM