271 Pages V  « < 186 187 188 189 190 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
sciongal
post May 14 2007, 10:09 AM
Post #3741

BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 14 2007, 03:09 AM) *
Hey everyone. I thought we could use a list of things that people on this board have tried in the past to deal with their BV - so I created a blog. I thought it would be a good reference. It's in the very beginning stages, so I will continue to work on it. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads-up!

http://www.bust.com/lounge/index.php?autom...;blogid=11&

Hey Lori,

great idea!!! thanks for putting the blog together... rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 14 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #3742

Hardcore BUSTie

Lori,

If you have time..(List the product that I found recently too...Ultimate Flora (Probiotic). $35.99.. What is the cost of that fem stuff?
I also am going to start eating Dannon Activia Yogurt twice a day. Before this BV, I have only had a few yeast infections in my life, and had cured them by eating yogurt and just using creams to relieve the burning and itching caused from the yeast....

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 14 2007, 09:02 AM
Post #3743

Hardcore BUSTie

Good Morning Ladies,
Maybe most of you have already researched the theory of toilet paper harvesting bacteria. I am very busy today but just pulled up this tid bit from The Epochtimes..Unsanitary Chinese toilet paer linked to health problems.....experts confirm that high bacteria count toilet paper can cause gyneclogical infections and skin disease. I haven't read about Americans studies..maybe ours is safe..doubtful...public restrooms..shit spores float gals.....

Great idea Lori!!! I am not crafty with the computer skills as of yet...so forgive me if I don't know how to attach links and so forth..I will learn...but not on the top of my list at this point.

Kylee, I totally agree with you, you and I are on the same page...

Great book to get gals......Prescription for Nutrition Healing....by Phyllis Balk (hell if I know if that's spelled right..book is at my mom's house right now.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 14 2007, 03:52 AM
Post #3744

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey everyone. I thought we could use a list of things that people on this board have tried in the past to deal with their BV - so I created a blog. I thought it would be a good reference. It's in the very beginning stages, so I will continue to work on it. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads-up!

http://www.bust.com/lounge/index.php?autom...;blogid=11&

--------------------

+Quote Post
klee
post May 14 2007, 12:07 AM
Post #3745

BUSTie

Hello!

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the spring. Things are good in my hood but I wanted to bring up an idea to you guys.

Have any of you tried Chinese medicine? Don't laugh! I have a couple friends that do acupuncture and Chinese medicine and although it isn't the answer for everything, it's actually more effective for some ailments. For example, the basic problem with bv is that your body is out of balance, right? So the aim of Chinese medicine is to bring your body back into optimal balance and also clear out the toxins. They refer to this frequently as clearing heat or damp. It's a very holistic approach to health but with proven results.

Anyway, I'm going to start weekly acupuncture and herbs for my skin and allergies but I saw on the list of treatments available, there are often Chinese herbalists who work with gynecological issues like my friend. There's centuries of research and practice behind this type of treatment and you would certainly want to make sure to go to an experienced acupuncturist/herbalist with their masters in Traditional Chinese medicine.

The drawback is obviously the cost but you typically receive an hour of their treatments/acupuncture plus the cost of the herbs. And it IS intended to cure you. But they may ask you to change certain things that you do - like eat less sugar etc.

Just putting that out there for people who might be interested.

Have a good one! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 13 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #3746

Hardcore BUSTie

Here is what I did the first time. Inserted 1 500mg at night. Inserted a second one the next night, had sex the third night, inserted another one the following night, AND MY VAGINA ALMOST STARTED ON FIRE!!!!!! So, here is what I suggest you do, because it's what I did. I inserted 1 500 mg first night, then another one the second night. Then left it alone. About 2 days later, I do the whiff test...and it was gone. After that, I could have sex. So, I would actually wait at least 2 days after the last dose, just to be on the safe side. Another conclusion, I don't have sex very often any more, because boyfriend and I are on again off again, so when I do have sex, I use a flagyl the following evening. If you are having sex more often, you might want to becarefull with that, only because too much use of it, will cause a yeast infection. Nothing that an over the counter Monistat won't help with, but, still, you know yeast infections, they are not fun!!

I can't remember where I bought it, because it's been so long, but here's a website I have in my favorites.

http://www.horizondrugs.com/flagyl.html

If this doesn't work, just type in Buy Flagyl Online. And you should find it!! Please let me know how it works for you!!!

I BUY IT ONLINE BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE INSURANCE. SO I DON'T WANT TO PAY AT THE DOCTOR AND AT THE PHARMACY. AND NO, IT'S NOT $100, I THINK IT COST ME $35?? CAN'T REMEMBER

+Quote Post
lori
post May 13 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #3747

Hardcore BUSTie

Is it safe? I couldn't tell you. I have told my doctor that I am doing it, and he didn't say, don't it's going to kill you. He said, wow, I can't believe that's working. So, use at your own risk ladies.

Oh, that's ALL I'm saying. At your own risk. I certainly don't mean to imply that the vaginal-flagyl is dangerous for sure, but I think it should be pointed out that there are risks to using medications in ways that it's not designed for.

It's good you're keeping your doctor up on what you're doing, Jewels. I hope other ladies are doing the same. I do want to also point out, however, that some ladies who use this method have had hysterectomies? (Correct me if I'm wrong, please.) I don't mean to put anyone on the spot here, but if that's the case, they do not have to worry about upper genital tract infection, right? That's just something I'm constantly worried about due to my long BV history.

QUOTE(sciongal @ May 13 2007, 12:47 PM) *
I understand your concern and with the recent tension on the site, I recognize your posting as your opinion.

Thank you sciongal! Yes, it's just my opinion.

QUOTE(sciongal @ May 13 2007, 12:47 PM) *
I have often wondered about any "backlash infection" with the use of vaginal flagyl ( but that hasnt stopped me from ordering it online!!!! laugh.gif) but having said that, the actions of these two drugs are totally different.... the RU486 is a steroid medication, (not the kind athletes use to build muscle) that is obviously strong enough to effect growing cells, which is probably why the risk of infection is so much greater. Flagyl is an antibiotic and is meant to wipe out bacteria.....good and bad, which is why yeast takes over whenever we use it. just wanted to put out some more info...

I know RU-486 is a very different kind of drug, so I wasn't necessarily making a direct comparison. But it is an example of how using drugs in ways they aren't designed to be used carries unknown risks. So I would really advise everyone to let their doctor know they're using it this way. Sorry that I sound like a nag. I just want to make sure everyone is safe.

I'm also curious to know - **why does anyone order flagyl online? Doesn't it cost like $100? Flagyl with a prescription costs like $12 at Walgreens for me, and I get it right away. I think it's generic, though. Do you order it online because you don't want the generic version? Thanks in advance for your answer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post May 13 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #3748

BUSTie

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOTHERS HERE..

I have a question and I am sure that someone has already asked this question because I missed reading the answer. For all the ladies using the flagyl vaginally could you please tell me how you are using it as far as how do you insert it,do you insert the pill itself or have to make suppositories out of it? I am very curious to know so I can use it for a backup because it sounds like it has helped many of you here.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 13 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #3749

Hardcore BUSTie

MORPHIA, I didn't just jump down someone's ass, initially about the drug use. I only did so, after I felt she wasn't stating it, to figure out a reason why she had b.v. I felt it was being said, for the hell of it. I may have been wrong, but, this is an ONLINE BOARD. We are all free to say what ever it is we wish.

On another note, I'm sorry you feel the way you do, however, I hope you can appreciate our frustration. We were trying to help you, the best way we could over the Internet, and WE felt as though you kept dismissing EVERYTHING we were saying. We only became frustrated after the numerous times you dismissed what we were saying.

For those of you who do not wish to have us give you suggestions, then SAY THAT. Just say, "I'm here to vent, no need to reply to what I'm saying". This is a message board. It can be used for venting, or replying. You just need to be specific.

I hope you change your mind and decide to stay, because I sure would like to know what your doctor finds out. I'm very sorry you are going through the pain that you are, and I do not even wish that on my worst enemy. LIKE I'VE SAID A BUNCH OF TIMES, and I still feel the same way, I REALLY HOPE YOU FIND RELIEF. We are all going through the same shit here, except you have the burning. And, that SUCKS!! GOOD LUCK!!!

AUTUMN: I ordered mine online. Only after speaking live to a representative.

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post May 13 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #3750

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 13 2007, 11:14 AM) *
AUTUMN!!! WOW, it's so nice to see some of my old girls back!!! Flagyl VAGINALLY is working wonders for me!! It's not a 100% cure, however, it keeps the B.V. away for months at a time, and just takes 1 pill for me if it peaks through. Estroil is working wonders for Pianogirl and Neverending. I will be trying that next myself!! Great to see you, hope this helps!!

Pianogirl, can you give me the website you buy the Estroil from?

Thanks!! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY LADIES!!

Thanks Jewels!! Yeah, I sense some tension on the board..but anyway..I'm so glad to hear the Flagyl (vaginally) is working. Question: Did you get your Flagyl from the Dr. or did you order it online? I might try it w/some good probiotics. I'm glad Estroil is working for Neverending & Pianogirl also.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 13 2007, 01:52 PM
Post #3751

Hardcore BUSTie

This is going to be my last reply here. If anyone would like to go back and actually read my posts, you'll notice that I asked for NO SUGGESTIONS other than what antibiotic I should take next. Everyone is jumping on me because I supposedly piss on your suggestions. Well, don't give them to me if I don't ask for them. I mainly came here looking for people to identify with. The only questions I asked were about symptoms. I wanted to know if other people's experiences were the same as mine. I never asked to be told what was causing my symptoms or how to fix it. I was simply trying to find out if I was the only one. And Jewels, this is not the first time you haven't been able to give someone a break. You jumped on other people's asses about mentioning their drug use when all they were doing was naming possible factors that could be causing their recurring bv. I wanted to say something about it then in their defense, but didn't want to stir anything up. The reason why I got irritated was because of the fact that you all just kept telling me what you thought I was dealing with when that is not what I wanted. I know very well what I have to do to figure out what is really going on with me which is exactly why I have an appointment with some kind of doctor at least once a week. My purpose for being here was to vent, identify, and ease the worry I feel between each doctor's appointment. To have others that are dealing with this same kind of thing to talk to. I'll just do this alone. I just wish you all could have at least done me the courtesy of rereading my posts before accusing me of something I did not do. And Lori, you make it sound as if I've pissed everyone off here. So far the only people that seem to have a problem with me are you and Jewels.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 13 2007, 01:31 PM
Post #3752

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 13 2007, 05:26 PM) *
Another topic: I feel bad for pooh-poohing a method that is working for some ladies, but there was something that freaked me out about inserting the flagyl vaginally. I just remembered what it was.

So about the vaginal flagyl - In my opinion, I don't think it's a good idea. If you want to make sure to put the medication where it needs to be, why not use metrogel? A vaginal gel that contains the same medication as flagyl (metronidazole) already exists, so why use the tablet?

Anyway, THAT'S JUST MY OPINION. I'm not saying anyone should stop doing this just because I say so, but I do think everyone should hear all the information before making a choice.

BECAUSE, it METONIDAZOLE vaginally DOES NOT WORK. That is why I don't use it anymore. The flagyl vaginally, works for me. No, it's not meant to go up the kitty, but, guess what, it works. Is it safe? I couldn't tell you. I have told my doctor that I am doing it, and he didn't say, don't it's going to kill you. He said, wow, I can't believe that's working. So, use at your own risk ladies.

+Quote Post
sciongal
post May 13 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #3753

BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 13 2007, 10:26 AM) *
Fem-dophilus. It's a probiotic supplement designed specifically to reestablish healthy vaginal flora. I don't know if it will work for everyone, but I've been taking it for 2 months (2/day), and have been infection free.

--

Another topic: I feel bad for pooh-poohing a method that is working for some ladies, but there was something that freaked me out about inserting the flagyl vaginally. I just remembered what it was.

This is an article about Mifeprex or RU-486, the pill that induces abortions. Basically, there are women in the U.S. who have used it and died from a bacterial infection. No one in Europe has died. The difference is that the U.S. women use the pill by inserting it in the vagina:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/23/national...953&ei=5070

No one is sure that's what causes the infections. Also, this is about Mifeprex or RU-486, not flagyl. But the point is that people don't know how these women got their bacterial infections, but that it might have something to do with inserting the pill vaginally when it's not supposed to be used that way.

So about the vaginal flagyl - In my opinion, I don't think it's a good idea. If you want to make sure to put the medication where it needs to be, why not use metrogel? A vaginal gel that contains the same medication as flagyl (metronidazole) already exists, so why use the tablet?

Anyway, THAT'S JUST MY OPINION. I'm not saying anyone should stop doing this just because I say so, but I do think everyone should hear all the information before making a choice.

Hi Lori,
I understand your concern and with the recent tension on the site, I recognize your posting as your opinion. I have often wondered about any "backlash infection" with the use of vaginal flagyl ( but that hasnt stopped me from ordering it online!!!! laugh.gif) but having said that, the actions of these two drugs are totally different.... the RU486 is a steroid medication, (not the kind athletes use to build muscle) that is obviously strong enough to effect growing cells, which is probably why the risk of infection is so much greater. Flagyl is an antibiotic and is meant to wipe out bacteria.....good and bad, which is why yeast takes over whenever we use it. just wanted to put out some more info... I'm not sure why the flagyl pill form is working when the metrogel is not, perhaps the pill used vaginally gives the medication in a more concentrated form....peace, all....I really look forward to reading your posts. Happy Mama's Day.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 13 2007, 11:09 AM
Post #3754

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(autumnbreeze @ May 13 2007, 07:30 AM) *
I wasn't able to read through all the new pages. Is anyone trying anything new?

Fem-dophilus. It's a probiotic supplement designed specifically to reestablish healthy vaginal flora. I don't know if it will work for everyone, but I've been taking it for 2 months (2/day), and have been infection free.

--

This is an article about Mifeprex or RU-486, the pill that induces abortions. Basically, there are women in the U.S. who have used it and died from a bacterial infection. No one in Europe has died. The difference is that the U.S. women use the pill by inserting it in the vagina:

A woman who died in Canada after taking Mifeprex during clinical testing in 2001 also suffered from a Clostridium sordellii infection. No similar deaths have been reported in Europe, where Mifeprex is widely used. But in the United States, most physicians give Mifeprex and an accompanying drug, misoprostol, in a regimen that involves inserting misoprostol vaginally.

Federal drug regulators have not approved this regimen
, but it is not unusual for doctors to use drugs differently from how they are officially approved. Studies indicate that this regimen is effective, requires a lower dose of misoprostol, and allows women to undergo the most emotional and painful part of the procedure at home. What is unknown is whether it may somehow contribute to bacterial infections.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/23/national...953&ei=5070

No one is sure that's what causes the infections. Also, this is about Mifeprex or RU-486, not flagyl. But the point is that people don't know how these women got their bacterial infections, but that it might have something to do with inserting the pill vaginally when it's not supposed to be used that way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 13 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #3755

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(autumnbreeze @ May 13 2007, 02:30 PM) *
Hello Ladies..And Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers!

Well it's been soooo long since I checked in..Do we have a cure yet blink.gif ? I wasn't able to read through all the new pages. Is anyone trying anything new? The last time I was in here I think Jewels or Neverending had success with the Flagyl pills inserted orally. Are you guys still doing that? My BV is still here and OMG it's getting hot outside..ewww

Someone please provide any updates..Thanks!

AUTUMN!!! WOW, it's so nice to see some of my old girls back!!! Flagyl VAGINALLY is working wonders for me!! It's not a 100% cure, however, it keeps the B.V. away for months at a time, and just takes 1 pill for me if it peaks through. Estroil is working wonders for Pianogirl and Neverending. I will be trying that next myself!! Great to see you, hope this helps!!

Pianogirl, can you give me the website you buy the Estroil from?

Thanks!! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY LADIES!!

+Quote Post
NotCatEyed
post May 13 2007, 09:12 AM
Post #3756

I read that you can use garlic clove vaginally for BV? Isn't this a yeast treatment? I just finished another (round 2) three day flagyl insert thing, and it didn't work. I'm looking for somehting else non antibiotic. Ugh, I do have more flagyl and I could try again....but, it seemes silly at this point. Any advice on the garlic would be helpful.

Also, tensions are clearly high when discussing these personal matters, but my impression is noone intended to offend during that little disagreement as of late, and I hope it wont cause future caution to meaningful dialouge because I really liked all the ideas I got from people here.

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post May 13 2007, 08:13 AM
Post #3757

BUSTie

Hello Ladies..And Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers!

Well it's been soooo long since I checked in..Do we have a cure yet blink.gif ? I wasn't able to read through all the new pages. Is anyone trying anything new? The last time I was in here I think Jewels or Neverending had success with the Flagyl pills inserted orally. Are you guys still doing that? My BV is still here and OMG it's getting hot outside..ewww

Someone please provide any updates..Thanks!

+Quote Post
lori
post May 13 2007, 01:44 AM
Post #3758

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(pympmama1 @ May 13 2007, 12:46 AM) *
THOSE that feel like they don't want to try whatever is suggested here do not have to....

For the record, NO ONE SAID Morphia has to do ANYTHING. People have made multiple suggestions to Morphia, to try and help her. She DOES NOT HAVE TO DO ANY OF THEM.

I'd also like to point out that it is Morphia who began the confrontation with both me and Jewelscando. All I said was: "No one said [Morphia] does not also have BV." THE END. That was not a confrontation, it was a statement of fact. She chose to become offended by it and jumped down our throats.

I understand that she is stressed and frustrated. But she shouldn't take it out on this board. Many posters (including me) have offered her encouragement and thoughtful suggestions. The fact that she does not agree with any of our suggestions is a simple DIFFERENCE OF OPINION. There is no reason for her to become angry because we do not agree with her.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post May 13 2007, 01:29 AM
Post #3759

BUSTie

HI

everyone I peek in every once and I while to see how everyone is doing... I don't alway have a need to post but today I feel I must...... What has happened to the Hope and support I alway seem to find here..... My understanding... in the many months that I have been here... This board is to help each other that have this problem.....Finding new inventive idea that may help us..... from estriol to hp to boric to vaginal flagy.....I love this board because it let me know I am not alone in my fight for a cure..... This board is not about snipping condescensions or strife....We all fall prey to down moments about this common problem that we all have... but for the most part.... we vent and then try something new..... THOSE THAT ARE CONSTANT NAY SAYERS SHOULD LEAVE..... i am here to be cured or temporarily reprieved of this problem......by what ever inventive methods that may arise be it vaginal flagy,estroil,hp,boric,or tea tree suppositories. THOSE that feel like they don't want to try whatever is suggested here do not have to.... ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
lori
post May 13 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #3760

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 12 2007, 09:56 PM) *
So....all I was saying is, stop asking. We've given you our answer. OBVIOUSLY, we are wrong, therefore, let your doctor tell you what it is. We say it's yeast. NO MATTER HOW YOU FRASE YOUR QUESTION, IT WILL STILL BE YEAST TO US.

That about sums it up. (Thanks Jewels.)

Morphia, you told us you have THICK WHITE DISCHARGE, BURNING, and your vagina smells like pizza. Unless it's a special bread-less pizza, this means your vagina SMELLS LIKE BREAD. So the conclusion is? All signs point to YEAST. That is anyone's best guess.

So do we THINK you have yeast? Yes. But do we KNOW you have yeast? NO. You know why? Because even doctors can't diagnose anyone over the internet.

We've given you our best guesses and our best suggestions. And you've shot down all of them. Which is okay, you don't have to listen to anything anyone says in here. It is your body. But after you've pissed on every single suggestion, what do you expect anyone in here to say?

And besides, don't you have a gyno appointment next week? Your gyno doctor is going to be your best source. Nothing anyone tells you on this board is going to be more helpful than a doctor who actually examines you.

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 12 2007, 09:48 PM) *
I should never hear, "Stop asking questions if you don't like the answers." I AM listening. You're just not listening to me.

No, everyone IS listening to you. Based on everything you told us, we gave you our conclusion. It may not be correct, but it is the BEST answer anyone can give you over the internet.

If I didn't get a yeast infection when I was on the Clindesse then I certainly don't have a yeast infection on the flagyl, since it spares more lactobacilli than the Clindamycin does.

It would depend on whether you had the same amount of lactobacilli at both times. Since you don't know that, you can't make the conclusion that you cannot have yeast after using flagyl.

Then there's the fact that I'm already on Diflucan as a preventative.

And another poster already pointed out that Diflucan doesn't kill all strains of yeast!

See, YOU are the one who's not listening.

I really don't know why you're so resistant to the idea that you might have yeast. I don't care if you have yeast or not, but your reasoning for why you absolutely do not have yeast don't make any sense.

I should be able to come here and ask questions without being attacked and told not to ask questions.

Morphia, I am sorry that you are hurt. But you should still know that you have been difficult as well. People have been very kind to you for a while, but they got fed up.

People have been listening to you, and they gave you their best suggestions. I have been reading this board, and I can see that they really want to help. But you just keep telling everyone that they are wrong, no matter what they say.

It's true, we may all be wrong. No one here can know exactly what is going on in your body. So why keep asking?

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 186 187 188 189 190 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 23, 2014 - 09:52 PM