271 Pages V  « < 162 163 164 165 166 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
bvgirl
post Jun 17 2007, 05:16 AM
Post #3261

BUSTie

QUOTE(ilovehim @ Jun 16 2007, 10:27 PM) *
Thanks for your input: Lori, and BV Girl... =)

Um, just one more question, I'm kind of anxious to start the boric. Will I be able to start while on my menses or do you recomend me to wait until after it's over with?

Yes.. you can start while on your menstrual(at least that is what the yeast arrest states). As a matter of fact according to the yeast arrest it states that after the first month or so (to continue to maintain(a maintenence procedure)) use while on your menstrual for 4-5 cycles(or months).. Yeast arrest contains 600 mg of boric acid along with a mixture of ingredients. If you are using pure boric acid without any mixture you may want to call your nurse or the pharmacist to see how exactly when to use it.. Because I have read where some have used the pure form or something rather and I just do not know what the directions are for that formula strength. I pretty much know about the yeast arrest..

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post Jun 16 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #3262

BUSTie

Thanks for your input: Lori, and BV Girl... =)

Um, just one more question, I'm kind of anxious to start the boric. Will I be able to start while on my menses or do you recomend me to wait until after it's over with?

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Jun 16 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #3263

BUSTie

QUOTE(ilovehim @ Jun 16 2007, 05:14 PM) *
Well Girls-

I'm NOT pregnant! Thank Goodness for that because I plan on starting the BORIC ACID treatment after my period ends. Did any of you (who have used b/a) get any bad side effects? Did it kill the smell? That would be my goal; killing the nasty nasty odor.

& SASSY, not to be nosy or anything but what STD did you have? I'm concerned about STDs myself. Gonoreah and Clymidia to be exact (since my piss has been burning for a while.) This never happened to me before, it started up a couple months ago. & My man's penis has a foul odor most of the time. So i'm confused as to what I might have.

I have been using yeast arrest(which contains boric acid) and for me the smell went away after the first full day application. I have been bv and odor free since April laugh.gif laugh.gif . The only side effects that I have experienced was itching at times but for me it was not bad and I put up with it because it works so well. For some the itching may be a problem or some may choose not to deal with it. Everyone's body is different and some may experience side effects that are harsher than most. I am just happy that it works. For me it is working so well that I do not worry everyday about bv and the smell of bv. Boric Acid is a great product....Let us know when you start using it how you are doing...

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 16 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #3264

Hardcore BUSTie

I know this is off topic but how do I get my hands on growth hormone injections?

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 16 2007, 04:22 PM
Post #3265

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ilovehim @ Jun 16 2007, 03:14 PM) *
Well Girls-

I'm NOT pregnant! Thank Goodness for that because I plan on starting the BORIC ACID treatment after my period ends. Did any of you (who have used b/a) get any bad side effects? Did it kill the smell? That would be my goal; killing the nasty nasty odor.

& SASSY, not to be nosy or anything but what STD did you have? I'm concerned about STDs myself. Gonoreah and Clymidia to be exact (since my piss has been burning for a while.) This never happened to me before, it started up a couple months ago. & My man's penis has a foul odor most of the time. So i'm confused as to what I might have.

If you read through this thread, the boric acid worked well at killing the smell. Two people got rashes - but one member figured out that she probably has an allergy, and another member used an anti-bac cream to treat her rash, so it probably wasn't caused by the boric. So I would say that you should try it, but if you get a rash, stop immediately and call a doctor.

HOWEVER, if your piss has been burning you, and your man's penis smells funny, you NEED to go to the doctor and get tested for STD's! I would not use any boric acid before you go.

QUOTE(chantelhugo @ Jun 15 2007, 10:52 PM) *
URGENT QUESTION!!!
I am 5 days late on my period and had sex 2 weeks ago...I'm FRICKEN freaking out as I am very young. I did use flagyl (vaginally) about after my last period, along with zinc tablets and femdophilous orally...can that delay my period in any way?? Im really scared sad.gif

No, using those things should not have delayed your period. Get a pregnancy test.

Good luck Chantelhugo.

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 14 2007, 08:05 PM) *
I have been doctor hopping since feb. trying to seek a doctor to help me with my anxiety, because i have explained to 4 doctors, that I felt that there was a health issue that was causing insomnia and these attacks in the first place. but they would just throw some prozac at me, or xanax whatever they got, and send me on my way. So, my most recent doctor (who listened) sent me in to have EKG and chest X-ray. My chest x-ray shows a mass, and my EKG my T waves are abnormal. Actually, I happy that this was discovered as I was getting tired of being treated like a hypochondriac. (Hello, I know my own body)

Please ladies quit smoking.

Good luck, Arj75. I really hope it turns out well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post Jun 16 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #3266

BUSTie

Well Girls-

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 16 2007, 07:54 AM
Post #3267

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(chantelhugo @ Jun 16 2007, 12:52 AM) *
URGENT QUESTION!!!
I am 5 days late on my period and had sex 2 weeks ago...I'm FRICKEN freaking out as I am very young. I did use flagyl (vaginally) about after my last period, along with zinc tablets and femdophilous orally...can that delay my period in any way?? Im really scared sad.gif

Stress, can delay your period, and poor diet as well, and being highly active. But, I only have read 8 articles regarding probotics...actually, it was all great news (reduces many health risks for the baby)..but I only read the 8 articles..had trouble finding any disputes of not using them.

Still reading about flagyl.... (what I remember, which may be wrong, is flagyl, just hasn't had enough testing done on the effects of the fetus.. (but I'm not sure)

Go get yourself a pregnancy test, and take it with first morning urine.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 16 2007, 07:17 AM
Post #3268

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(chantelhugo @ Jun 16 2007, 12:52 AM) *
URGENT QUESTION!!!

First, hun, take a deep breath, and relax... As every women in here is on a damn mission..we'll check into this for you..and at least tell you what we know. However, I'm brain dead right now, and haven't been thinking about women who are pregnant, or possibly may be pregnant. But I have a library of pregnancy books. I'll see what I can find. Prenancy test have came a long way, and can detect the hormone very early now a days. How much zinc have you been taking? Just remember that the little one needs that too. As far as the worries of flagyl, I don't remember for sure...I'll see what I can find...or maybe someone else here remembers???? and can give her some peace for the time being.

How old are you?

If you are prego, but aren't ready for a baby..my cousin has been trying to conceive a child for 14 years,(as many couples have) they would be happy to take it for ya. wink.gif Please don't take offense to that comment... ( I had an abortion when I was 17, and it was the biggest mistake I will ever make in my life. (I'm not pro-life either though, as my friend was rapped and got knocked up by a crazy man...I don't blame her for the choice she made. (it didn't happen to me, who am I to judge)

+Quote Post
chantelhugo
post Jun 15 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #3269

BUSTie

URGENT QUESTION!!!

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 15 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #3270

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Jun 15 2007, 05:46 PM) *
i've had 3 fibroadenomas. i got one removed because i just didn't like the idea of leaving it in there. then only 1 or 2 years later i got another one and then another one shortly after that. all on the same breast. i didn't get the other 2 removed because it's not necessary and i don't feel like having scars all over my boob... one of them is kind of high so if i wore a low shirt you would see it. why do we all have these? is there a link between this and bv????

Actually, oddly enough fibroadenomas are affected.. or caused by hormones..ahhh lol estrogen and progesterone. About 1 out of six women have these. The condition strangely enough improves after hormones E & P drop from menapause. Researchers are on different sides of the fence when discussing if diets high in saturated fats and high caffeine intake have a factor in this as well. (I'm on the caffeine side of the fence, I love caffiene. lol And red meat. lol.

Speaking of which..has anyone found any information with the links between caffeine and hormone imbalance? Just curious.

Most are shaped round, but mine is about an inch and n half in size and oddly shaped. I'm not really concerned about it though. I have kept my eye on it..hasn't changed much...it's not bothersome either.

But, if they do become uncomfortable, or you have several..your doctor might consider treating you with danazol. It's a fake testosterone hormone. But I really don't want a beard or acne. lol.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 15 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #3271

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Jun 15 2007, 02:31 PM) *
I have a mass in my breast too that was found just a few days ago. The doctor is pretty sure its a small fibroid adenoma, which is what I'm sure you have too. They're just going to monitor it for the next six months to see if it gets bigger. When it starts to get too big is when they're going to remove it. Hmmm....most of the women on this board have way too much in common, it seems.

i've had 3 fibroadenomas. i got one removed because i just didn't like the idea of leaving it in there. then only 1 or 2 years later i got another one and then another one shortly after that. all on the same breast. i didn't get the other 2 removed because it's not necessary and i don't feel like having scars all over my boob... one of them is kind of high so if i wore a low shirt you would see it. why do we all have these? is there a link between this and bv????

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Jun 15 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #3272

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 15 2007, 08:10 AM) *
Morphia, I am 31 years to old lol. I have been smoking since I was 17. I also smoked pot on and off for about the same time...minus the 2 years when I was pregnant. I do think your immune system is low. I could give you chapters and chapters of information of what changes occur in your body when under high stress, or what happens to your body when you are ill for long periods. But i don't want to even open that can of worms. lol. You may want to do that just to rule it out. But, being that you are so young, it's doubtful that your insurance will pay for it. But you may have some good insurance that would take care of it..not sure what you got going on with that....

Chest X-rays aren't that expensive though, or EKG's ECG's whatever you prefer to call them. I'm not sure how much this stress test on my heart is gonna cost me. (Have to have this done because EKG was abnormal), I also have some sort of mass in my breast...but I had this checked seven years ago....it's was ok then...caused from too much caffeine. But my doctor is forceing me to have this removed. I was gonna wait and have it taken out when I got my boob job. lol.

I have a mass in my breast too that was found just a few days ago. The doctor is pretty sure its a small fibroid adenoma, which is what I'm sure you have too. They're just going to monitor it for the next six months to see if it gets bigger. When it starts to get too big is when they're going to remove it. Hmmm....most of the women on this board have way too much in common, it seems.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 15 2007, 06:53 AM
Post #3273

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Jun 14 2007, 10:30 PM) *
How old are you, arj? I've been seeking a diagnosis for over a year now (I've been pretty sick and these vaginal infections are the only "tangible" symptom I have). That's scary. I smoked HEAVILY for a while and I already know that I'm susceptible to cancerous changes in my body. I guess maybe I should press for a chest x-ray too. All doctors have been willing to do is blood work. No scans or x-rays....

Please keep us updated on your new findings. I hope everything is ok. sad.gif

Morphia, I am 31 years to old lol. I have been smoking since I was 17. I also smoked pot on and off for about the same time...minus the 2 years when I was pregnant. I do think your immune system is low. I could give you chapters and chapters of information of what changes occur in your body when under high stress, or what happens to your body when you are ill for long periods. But i don't want to even open that can of worms. lol. You may want to do that just to rule it out. But, being that you are so young, it's doubtful that your insurance will pay for it. But you may have some good insurance that would take care of it..not sure what you got going on with that....

Chest X-rays aren't that expensive though, or EKG's ECG's whatever you prefer to call them. I'm not sure how much this stress test on my heart is gonna cost me. (Have to have this done because EKG was abnormal), I also have some sort of mass in my breast...but I had this checked seven years ago....it's was ok then...caused from too much caffeine. But my doctor is forceing me to have this removed. I was gonna wait and have it taken out when I got my boob job. lol.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Jun 14 2007, 09:13 PM
Post #3274

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 14 2007, 10:05 PM) *
My chest x-ray shows a mass, and my EKG my T waves are abnormal. Actually, I happy that this was discovered as I was getting tired of being treated like a hypochondriac.

How old are you, arj? I've been seeking a diagnosis for over a year now (I've been pretty sick and these vaginal infections are the only "tangible" symptom I have). That's scary. I smoked HEAVILY for a while and I already know that I'm susceptible to cancerous changes in my body. I guess maybe I should press for a chest x-ray too. All doctors have been willing to do is blood work. No scans or x-rays....

Please keep us updated on your new findings. I hope everything is ok. sad.gif

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 14 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #3275

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey ladies,

Well, I had the doctor appointment today (actually two different appointments). I talked to my RN (at gyno) for about 20 minutes regarding bv. She worked at a planned parenthood clinic for 20 years ( I think that's how long she said) This is her advice that she gave me to manage BV. (Obviously, this is a personal reference, so I cannot site this information lol) She actually even has recurring BV. This is what she suggested.... (I'm a little scared about douching, but this has worked for her.

3 days, before your period, douche with vinegar and water
3 days after your period, douche with vinegar and water
In the middle of your cycle (when the eggs are coming down)..look for when your discharge changes from a white creamy texture to more of a mucous discharge, douche then as well with vinegar and water.

I think it's a little interesting, as I have felt ovulation has had an impact on our balance as well.

I think I'm gonna do the vinegar baths (strong very strong lol)..but with the same cycle approach.

Also, no std's, but I don't know what bacteria was there... my gyno referred me to another gyno (that's all I know), and my pap was abnormal, so the colpo is next week.

I have been doctor hopping since feb. trying to seek a doctor to help me with my anxiety, because i have explained to 4 doctors, that I felt that there was a health issue that was causing insomnia and these attacks in the first place. but they would just throw some prozac at me, or xanax whatever they got, and send me on my way. So, my most recent doctor (who listened) sent me in to have EKG and chest X-ray. My chest x-ray shows a mass, and my EKG my T waves are abnormal. Actually, I happy that this was discovered as I was getting tired of being treated like a hypochondriac. (Hello, I know my own body)

Please ladies quit smoking.

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 14 2007, 01:40 PM
Post #3276

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Jun 14 2007, 06:26 AM) *
Just to add to the STD convo...I have had one STD and I had no symptoms at all. My gyno just happened to test for it because she thought my BV symptoms could be something worse. I had been dating the guy for a little while and apparently he had it first and had never had symptoms either. It's really scary that you could have something without knowing it. Which is why I think that everyone here, if they haven't already, should definately get tested to rule that out.

Absolutely totally agree. (Glad you got treated, Sassy.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 14 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #3277

Hardcore BUSTie

arj: I have thought about that, too. I always want to buy the little wet wipes they sell in the toilet paper aisle but my fiancee makes fun of me. But, I think I will. It's cleaner, anyhow.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 14 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #3278

Hardcore BUSTie

Also, about the urine thing..isnt our urethra orifice in front of our vagina's canal, and wiping front to back, we are wiping it back to it. There is bacteria in this area...whenever urine cultures are to be done...we use wet wipes to get rid of it...(for a clean catch.) And I am now, and will, forever more not being using toilet paper. It does have bacteria on it. E. Coli is found on toothbrushes often, and since shit spores float, they surely can land on toilet paper as well.

There are too many bacteria that science doesn't even know about yet. I feel like it is a smart choice (not out there) to reduce these risks much as possible.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 14 2007, 11:40 AM
Post #3279

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Jun 14 2007, 02:06 AM) *
It apparently takes less Flagyl to kill Trich than it does BV, so if you've taken a full course of Flagyl at some point, it should have killed it, hopefully.

Just want to emphasize again, though - I'm not saying any of us have undiagnosed Trich. It's just a theory. If you consider the numbers:

- only 10% of men have symptoms
- only 10-15% or women have specific symptoms
- only 60-70% diagnosed by wet prep

... the logical conclusion is that there are some women falling through the cracks. Again, I'm not saying we should all run out and get Trich cultures tomorrow. Just one of the many things to consider - if you're getting re-infected by unprotected sex over and over again.

Another possibility to consider that I read about in The V Book - some men have semen that kills lactobacillus! (Oh great.) There's no way to treat this, or even test for it. So in the end, there's nothing you can do but just use condoms.

I just think it's useful to be aware of all the possibilities.

I have said this before, semen and urine come out of the same spot on the dudes weiner lol. The urethra. So, is it too far fetched to assume that the bacteria in his urine is the cause for infection, not the semen? (There is only one hole.....)

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 14 2007, 08:20 AM
Post #3280

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Jun 13 2007, 10:56 PM) *
Thanks for the info. However, this link says that the wet prep is not that accurate for diagnosing Trich:

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/259/8/1223

"wet-mount examination detected only 53 (60%) of the cases ..."

Again, I am NOT saying anyone has Trich. But based on these stats, I think it's worth considering as a possibility for some women who are getting re-infected over and over after unprotected sex from the same guy.
I have no idea what you mean. Flagyl apparently treats Trich, too.

Lori: I understand that what you read said it is not always detected but I'm speaking from experience TRICH IS VERY NOTICEABLE.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 162 163 164 165 166 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 28, 2014 - 12:40 AM