271 Pages V  « < 61 62 63 64 65 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
lori
post Sep 27 2008, 04:09 PM
Post #1241

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(deeseeker @ Sep 27 2008, 01:16 PM) *
I am dropping it to ask if anyone has or heard of "Streptococcal Group B" My Doctors had been giving my treatments for Bacteria Vaginosis:

Clindamycin Cream= Worked good, but when I stop taking it the discharge and odor came back
Metronidazole Vaginal Gel= Give me a horrible yeast infection, try it at lease 6 differer time, afraid to use that again.
Aci-Jel= Worked for the first three day only,I had to add a probitics in the vagina with the Jel, then it stop working with the probitic.
Miconazole= Worked for my yeast problem only
Tea tree Oil= I guess I will use it tonight (I'm am running out of treatments)
Boric Acid= I don't have Yeast, but have tried making it and using it. After one Day I could not stand the smell coming out of me.
I am taking probitics, Folic Acid, Enzymes, Goldenseal Root and Echinacea , Garlic Pills, Vit C, Muiltivitamin, ACV,

I have had this infection for over a year, I went to a new Doctor, he told me that it's "Streptococcal Group B". He said women have that bacteria in there vagina and it's normal and I don't need treatment. After he told me that I was in total disbelief and so angry. I told him yes I do need treatment I can't keep a job because people keep complianting about the smell . I just cried because I realize he was not going to be much help "either". He give me Amoxciillin for 7 days. After doing some research I believe I need penicillin, Does anyone know it's a form of BV. Nothing is working. Please Help!!! sad.gif

Hi deeseeker -

- Amoxicillin IS a form of penicillin
- Strep B isn't BV. It's a good thing you got a diagnosis, because Strep Group B can be very dangerous to your baby during birth. So if you ever get pregnant, you need to tell your OB/GYN to make sure to check for it. (They usually do check for it, so this isn't something you should be alarmed about. But awareness is good.)
- One more thing, other posters have done research and apparently - clindamycin can cause overgrowth of Strep. So it's not a good idea to take that. Keep that in mind for the future.
- Probiotics - just taking any kind of probiotics doesn't help. You need to take the right kind. Read my blog for info. on Fem-dophilus.

My advice:

- See what happens after you're done with Amoxicillin
- Take Fem-dophilus
- At some point, make sure you get a Trichomoniasis test (Affirm test or better); don't rely on wet mount + pap smear
- if you get a BV diagnosis in the future, try oral flagyl (the same medicine [metronidazole] in metrogel)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deeseeker
post Sep 27 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #1242

I am dropping it to ask if anyone has or heard of "Streptococcal Group B" My Doctors had been giving my treatments for Bacteria Vaginosis:

Clindamycin Cream= Worked good, but when I stop taking it the discharge and odor came back
Metronidazole Vaginal Gel= Give me a horrible yeast infection, try it at lease 6 differer time, afraid to use that again.
Aci-Jel= Worked for the first three day only,I had to add a probitics in the vagina with the Jel, then it stop working with the probitic.
Miconazole= Worked for my yeast problem only
Tea tree Oil= I guess I will use it tonight (I'm am running out of treatments)
Boric Acid= I don't have Yeast, but have tried making it and using it. After one Day I could not stand the smell coming out of me.
I am taking probitics, Folic Acid, Enzymes, Goldenseal Root and Echinacea , Garlic Pills, Vit C, Muiltivitamin, ACV,

I have had this infection for over a year, I went to a new Doctor, he told me that it's "Streptococcal Group B". He said women have that bacteria in there vagina and it's normal and I don't need treatment. After he told me that I was in total disbelief and so angry. I told him yes I do need treatment I can't keep a job because people keep complianting about the smell . I just cried because I realize he was not going to be much help "either". He give me Amoxciillin for 7 days. After doing some research I believe I need penicillin, Does anyone know it's a form of BV. Nothing is working. Please Help!!! :(

+Quote Post
catwalk
post Sep 25 2008, 11:06 AM
Post #1243

BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Sep 25 2008, 01:16 AM) *
Have you tried Fem-dophilus as I previously suggested? From my blog:
Also, don't let anyone being judgmental about your sexual choices bother you. wink.gif

THANK YOU!!!!! biggrin.gif I am buying 2 bottles right now ($40 for 2 with shipping), hopefully they will get here soon!
The lactobacillus I'm taking now has HA-135, HA-122 & HA-111 plus another kind that doesn't list them so I guess the GR-1 & RC-14 in Fem-D might be different.

Still not sure if I should try the boric acid while I'm waiting though..... blink.gif

And thanks (about the judgemental comment), "JUST DON'T" doesn't really help eh? wink.gif
It was a 'heat of the moment' sort of thing & I thought it would be ok since I was on my period. I'm almost positive this was triggered by stress though.

It's a bit better already today (no strong smell thankfully, just discharge) so at least I can go to school tonight! unsure.gif

--------------------
Thanks everyone on Bust Lounge!!! Fem-D changed my life! BV be gone! Try from Iherb (cheapest) with code LAZ615 & save another $5! :D

+Quote Post
lori
post Sep 25 2008, 12:16 AM
Post #1244

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Sep 23 2008, 09:05 PM) *
I TOOK METRO to get rid of it but it didn't work at all.

Trichomoniasis should be cured by oral metronidazole (aka flagyl). Make sure you take the pills, not the vaginal gel (aka metrogel).

Since you're going back to your doctor, ask him/her about Tindamax.

(Also make sure that your partner is treated as well!!!)

QUOTE(catwalk @ Sep 23 2008, 04:01 PM) *
Was doing well for a few weeks..... am taking all those pills, etc. Last week had my period Mon-Fri, I had a few stressful days Thurs-Sunday.... had more sex than usual (4 times in the last week), and did not use protection (or pull out) on one of my last period days.

Today (Tuesday) the awful smell is back, and some discharge. sad.gif

I want to CRY.

I'm ready to get the boric acid or Vit C pills out for vaginal suppository tonight...... but now I've heard bad stories for both on here and am afraid to try. Suggestions?

Have you tried Fem-dophilus as I previously suggested? From my blog:

Fem-Dophilus (Jarrow)
  • Cons: expensive
  • Conclusion: So far, the this is the most promising and effective product. All the members who have had the best, long-term results have used Fem-Dophilus as a part of their regimen. Highly recommended, based on the research and anecdotal evidence. Buy it refrigerated for maximum potency. (Unfortunately, posters have reported that the bottle arrives warm, even if they select expedited shipping from online merchants who offer cold-packs. So it looks like buying it directly from Whole Foods is the best option.)

Also, don't let anyone being judgmental about your sexual choices bother you. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
yme30
post Sep 24 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #1245

BUSTie

Horror_movie,

I feel your pain I am still struggling with BV after many, many years. I pray all the time for a cure and I still have hope that one day this will finally go away and never show its ugly, smelly face again mad.gif

Hang in there and everyone else.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 24 2008, 06:47 PM
Post #1246

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Sep 24 2008, 05:05 AM) *
[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font][size="3"][/size] i been suffering from trichnomaisis for 3 months. I didn't know i had it until second month. I lost my job because my co workers and boss couldn't stand the smell. I been in the house every since only go outside twice a week. My parents are getting sick of me being in the house. i'm scare to have sex period until this get out my system but it taking to long. I TOOK METRO to get rid of it but it didn't work at all. Doctors don't take the time to help you instead they make you feel more crazy (paranoid). i been reading blog from other woman that had this problem SINCE 2006 and still going through it. i don't want that in my life i want to be NORMAL AGAIN. IM GOING BACK TO THE DOCTOR A 3RD TIME FOR MORE MEDS. please God help us all with this problem there is a Cure and if we stick together we can make it happen. dry.gif

Are you sure it's trich? That must have been a wrong diagnosis. I suggest you go back to the doctor and get re-tested. I've never heard of chronic trich though it may be, I dunno. When you have BV it can come up as many things. Make sure you get a second or third opinion.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 24 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #1247

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(catwalk @ Sep 24 2008, 12:01 AM) *
Was doing well for a few weeks..... am taking all those pills, etc. Last week had my period Mon-Fri, I had a few stressful days Thurs-Sunday.... had more sex than usual (4 times in the last week), and did not use protection (or pull out) on one of my last period days.

I want to CRY.

I'm ready to get the boric acid or Vit C pills out for vaginal suppository tonight...... but now I've heard bad stories for both on here and am afraid to try. Suggestions?

Uh, why didn't you make him pull out? Do not let a man cum in unless you are somewhat sure this is over with. Hope things go well for you hun.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Sep 23 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #1248

BUSTie

[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font][size="3"][/size] i been suffering from trichnomaisis for 3 months. I didn't know i had it until second month. I lost my job because my co workers and boss couldn't stand the smell. I been in the house every since only go outside twice a week. My parents are getting sick of me being in the house. i'm scare to have sex period until this get out my system but it taking to long. I TOOK METRO to get rid of it but it didn't work at all. Doctors don't take the time to help you instead they make you feel more crazy (paranoid). i been reading blog from other woman that had this problem SINCE 2006 and still going through it. i don't want that in my life i want to be NORMAL AGAIN. IM GOING BACK TO THE DOCTOR A 3RD TIME FOR MORE MEDS. please God help us all with this problem there is a Cure and if we stick together we can make it happen. dry.gif

+Quote Post
catwalk
post Sep 23 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #1249

BUSTie

I want to CRY.

--------------------
Thanks everyone on Bust Lounge!!! Fem-D changed my life! BV be gone! Try from Iherb (cheapest) with code LAZ615 & save another $5! :D

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Sep 22 2008, 09:57 AM
Post #1250

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Sep 21 2008, 07:04 PM) *
And it's very useful information, so thanks for sharing, sooo sad.

No one said this is the only way you get BV, or the only way to cure it. But knowing that this can happen is still useful information, and one more piece of the puzzle.

no problem lori!!!!

i just hope this helps us ladies that are dealing with this thing, it is absolutely a piece of the puzzle!!!!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 22 2008, 12:06 AM
Post #1251

Big Fat Bitch

Could you be more insensitive? Bugging the BV girls with your lame shit?! You suck so much that it is physically painful. Cram your shitty blog sideways up your ass!

Uh, no, we don't want more. I tried, I failed. YOUR BLOG SUCKS. YOU ARE ABOUT AS INTERESTING AS LINT! GO THE FUCK AWAY!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
Ronia D'Arc
post Sep 21 2008, 11:45 PM
Post #1252

BUSTie

This morning I woke up from a dream about having skin cancer. In the dream, I could see my body--although it looked healthy and fine, free of strange moles and signs of sickness, I could hear a voice saying clearly "Everything seems normal, but the cancer is there inside you, and it continues to grow steadily."

This dream, and the fact that throughout the day I was aware of strange sensations in my body--sensations that I have felt on and off, to varying degrees, over the past few years--made me wonder if I am truly healthy, or if I am doomed.

The sensations are basically dull aches, and they happen all over my body in a seemingly random way, lasting no more than 20 seconds at a time. A couple of years ago, they became so pronounced and frequent that I went to Urgent Care, where the physician who saw me was kind and concerned but mystified, and I don't blame her, because it does sound weird and probably like I'm a total hypochondriac.

I don't think I'm so much a hypochondriac as a total and complete worrier.

When I had Sula, I became paranoid about my health, or, more specifically, about my mortality. Suddenly, I was afraid of dying. I was afraid of dying in a plane crash, I was afraid of dying of a brain tumor, I was afraid of dying at the hands of our then-landlord's son, who I saw angrily destroying a bike in the field behind our house and who I decided was on meth and plotting to kill us in the night. One day, after reading an article on breast cancer, I felt around in my right armpit and discovered a big, round lump. I found another smaller lump higher up from the first one, and then I found another lump in my left armpit.

I made an appointment with my doctor, who couldn't feel any of the lumps (they were kind of slippery and buried under some fatty skin) but who referred me to a surgeon specializing in breast cancer. The surgeon gently pressed his fingers into my armpits and thought he felt something, so he ordered some chest x-rays and blood tests, all of which came back negative. Normal. Healthy.

At my third visit with the surgeon, who was by now outright skeptical, I raised the issue of having one of the lumps removed. Would that be possible? Could he take one out and have it examined to make sure that I really was ok--to make sure that I really was cancer-free?

The surgeon explained that having a lymph node (he was pretty sure that the lumps were enlarged lymph nodes) removed is actually a pretty big deal. As in, things might not function normally after that. Drainage of fluids might not work very well anymore. You might really regret it, is what he conveyed, and which I believed: this was serious stuff I was considering. Still, I made the appointment.

I requested a few days off from work, because I wouldn't be able to lift my arm for a little while, and steeled myself for an experience that caused me almost as much stress as the thought of maybe having cancerous lumps in my armpits: was I doing the right thing, or was I doing the completely wrong thing? Would I regret this the rest of my life? Was I a crazy hypochondriac?

Meanwhile, I continued to feel the strange, fleeting, all-over body aches from time to time, and something like a hot sensation in my right armpit--hard to explain, except that it felt like something was happening in there. Something that shouldn't be happening. I continued to worry, to imagine myself dying in a year, leaving my little girl motherless, and finally it was the day before surgery, and then I got cold feet and I cancelled the appointment.

That was two years ago, and I'm still worried about what's going on in my armpits. I still dig my fingers in there a few times each day to make sure that a new lump hasn't popped up or that one of the old ones hasn't grown to the size of a ping-pong ball. I've been aware of the aching sensations more frequently lately, but I have to wonder: could it be caused by stress? By fatigue? After all, my bottom right eyelid has been twitching for the past couple of weeks--could tiredness have induced these weird feelings, too?

The bottom line is that I'm afraid. I'm afraid almost all of the time. I'm afraid of dying, because Sula would not have me to there to take care of her, to love her and protect her and be the mother she deserves to have, and I'm afraid of something happening to her--I am so, so afraid of something happening to her.

It seems like every day there is another horrifying story in the news--tonight, I read about a man who, after seeing a little boy's picture in the paper (the boy had won a kite contest), he stalked the boy, kidnapped him, raped him, and killed him.

I read stories like this, and I wonder, how am I going to do this? How am I going to ensure that my precious daughter lives a long, happy, healthy life? How am I going to protect her from the from the sick violent crazy people and the diseases and the hatred and the earthquakes and nature gone berserk?

I don't know, but I do know this: I have this time now when everything is more or less ok. War has not affected me yet, at least not directly, and I have my loved ones, or most of them. I have my family, and as far as I know, I have my health. I have friends, and I live in a beautiful world.

Right now, I'm going to keep thinking about those things and being happy.

Because right now, I am so lucky.

-Ronia

P.S. Yes, I'm totally motherfucking pimping myself here. Want more? Please come to http://roniadarc.blogspot.com

+Quote Post
lori
post Sep 21 2008, 06:04 PM
Post #1253

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Sep 21 2008, 03:47 PM) *
i believe that when i was having sex and my bv wasn't cured yet that the bacterial was living and surviving at the hole of my boyfriend's penis. because when we had sex, the next day the bv was really full blown, but when we use condoms it's not as bad. just a theory but i know for 100% sure that when my boyfriend's affirm test came back positive..... men can carry bv and they get it from someone that has bv, so it's possible for this damn bv from hell to be passed back and forth.....

And it's very useful information, so thanks for sharing, sooo sad.

No one said this is the only way you get BV, or the only way to cure it. But knowing that this can happen is still useful information, and one more piece of the puzzle.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Sep 21 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #1254

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Sep 21 2008, 11:02 AM) *
This is confusing to me. My doctor says guys cannot get it and I've read online both opinions...so which is it?? I know I've read on this forum that treating a guy has both helped and not helped. I'm pretty sure Jewels had her boyfriend treated and it never helped her out. unsure.gif And for me, I had BV while I was a virgin and since I've been having sex, I would use condoms after I took BV medication and it still came back.

i believe that when i was having sex and my bv wasn't cured yet that the bacterial was living and surviving at the hole of my boyfriend's penis. because when we had sex, the next day the bv was really full blown, but when we use condoms it's not as bad. just a theory but i know for 100% sure that when my boyfriend's affirm test came back positive..... men can carry bv and they get it from someone that has bv, so it's possible for this damn bv from hell to be passed back and forth.....

+Quote Post
sassy
post Sep 21 2008, 10:02 AM
Post #1255

Hardcore BUSTie

This is confusing to me. My doctor says guys cannot get it and I've read online both opinions...so which is it?? I know I've read on this forum that treating a guy has both helped and not helped. I'm pretty sure Jewels had her boyfriend treated and it never helped her out. unsure.gif And for me, I had BV while I was a virgin and since I've been having sex, I would use condoms after I took BV medication and it still came back.

+Quote Post
lori
post Sep 20 2008, 02:59 PM
Post #1256

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(dani1983 @ Sep 20 2008, 10:09 AM) *
so i suppose that this new finding makes BV an STD? (not an STD for girls who get it while being virgins)

I don't think that's what it means, exactly, since what we learned is anecdotal evidence from one person. However, I'm willing to bet that sooo sad is not the only one. And it gives us another big clue in how to deal with BV.

QUOTE(dani1983 @ Sep 20 2008, 10:09 AM) *
makes sense, since I've said before that I'm 99.9999% sure that I got BV from my ex bf.

Many people in here have suspected that it was one specific guy in their lives that caused their BV. A lot of people assumed that their semen had low pH or something. Now we learned something else.

Anyway, I think this just adds support to the idea that getting the guy treated is an important step. (I guess he would take flagyl, because he can't use metrogel! laugh.gif ) There have been ladies in here who did take flagyl with their guy, and have been very successful. So I suggested this method in my blog, too.

I honestly don't know any guy who's going to refuse to take a week of pills that's going to make his girlfriend/wife (possibly) feel so much better. Yes, he's also going to have to stop drinking for a week. Whoop-dee-doo. If he can't make that little sacrifice for you ... what can I tell you? He's a fucking loser. No self-respecting woman would stay with a guy like that. That's my opinion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Sep 20 2008, 12:09 PM
Post #1257

BUSTie

so i suppose that this new finding makes BV an STD? (not an STD for girls who get it while being virgins)
makes sense, since I've said before that I'm 99.9999% sure that I got BV from my ex bf.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 19 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #1258

Hardcore BUSTie

So NOW they are claiming men carry Gardenella. So, what are they going to do to treat men? Are they going to use the same methods? Funny, most men won't care enough to get treated. They don't really have a ewww factor when it comes to stuff like this. They'll be like "It's just bacteria not an STD". So either way the problem won't be solved. I know most male doctor's would tell me "it's just bacteria". They really don't think it's a big deal. I even had 2 docs hit on me and I thought " I hate these folks". They really don't realize what most women here go through even though they can now get /carry BV . It's just not the same BUT I do hope they finally get with the program. You ladies have a wonderful weekend!

+Quote Post
lori
post Sep 18 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #1259

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Lolasaurus @ Sep 18 2008, 03:47 PM) *
Anyway, relevant news/question for all of you:
Maybe it's been posted here, before, and I forgot about it, but I read on a maybe-iffy site(? http://www.wdxcyber.com/npapvg11.htm) that Clindesse cream "is no longer approved because it results in a strep vaginosis" ? have any of you heard about this, maybe from a more reputable source? it makes me fucking homicidal to consider the festering marriage of incompetence and greed that is the medical BUSINESS.

Thank you so much for sharing that, Lola!

That is very important news for everyone to know. I noted in my blog that clindamycin may cause Strep D overgrowth (I saw it in The V Book and thought it was important.) However, this is the first I've heard that clindamycin is now no longer approved for this reason.

So, the important stuff we've learned recently:

- guys can carry gardnerella! (thanks sooo sad)

- clindamycin is no longer approved for BV because it can cause strep vaginosis! (thanks Lolasaurus)

Thanks again, you guys, for contributing good and relevant research. This is stuff that everyone really needs to know!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lolasaurus
post Sep 18 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #1260

BUSTie

Hey, just joined after (slowly but surely) reading through this thread.

Figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. maybe it'll help me now, and someone else, later!

My history, in brief: yeast, monistat, more yeast, Zazole cream, funky smell, Clindesse, discovery of this thread, tea tree oil, boric acid, homeopathy, prayer... I even lost my beloved Mirena IUD, for fear it was making things worse!

A bit over a week ago, I saw a new GYN. he gave me a week of Flagyl and sent for cultures. I finished the Flagyl (miiiiiserable! I feel for you ladies on 14-day courses. you're probably stronger than I am), was taking FemD religiously, and assuming things would eventually get better.

Just got a call this morning-- cultures came back, and I have Strep B and yeast, not gardnerella? he gave me a script for Amoxicillin and 2 Diflucan. I'm currently planning to follow Dr's orders, while sticking to the FemD, orally.

So there's my vagina's biography, on the Internet, for all to see rolleyes.gif

Anyway, relevant news/question for all of you:
Maybe it's been posted here, before, and I forgot about it, but I read on a maybe-iffy site(? http://www.wdxcyber.com/npapvg11.htm) that Clindesse cream "is no longer approved because it results in a strep vaginosis" ? have any of you heard about this, maybe from a more reputable source? it makes me fucking homicidal to consider the festering marriage of incompetence and greed that is the medical BUSINESS.

Anyway, hello, good luck, etc!

Edited to add:
The naturalist I saw (also an MD) said that it does a ladysystem good to take flax oil from day 1 of your period until day 14 of that cycle, and evening primrose oil from day 15 till you bleed again... I've seen mention of both fatty acids, but not this particular plan. I just wonder if anyone here's got thoughts on it.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 61 62 63 64 65 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 20, 2014 - 10:16 PM