The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 145 146 147 148 149 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
Aithinne
post Nov 5 2008, 06:39 PM
Post #2921

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey ladies... I'm ever searching for websites that have positive things to say about smallies, and found another one that I loved: MORE SMALLIE SUPPORT!

ifjuly, what a cute story about the nipping out.. It sometimes seems like men only notice large breasts, so it's nice to hear stories of men appreciating small ones.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Nov 5 2008, 09:44 AM
Post #2922

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(starship @ Nov 4 2008, 11:27 PM) *
i was just wondering karategrrl, when you wore that sweater did you have any exposure worries? like when i wear low stuff like that braless i always have to keep checking im not accidentally revealing anything. probably 'cause i dont have much to hold tops in their place....

I haven't worn it yet. I did do the "bend over" test, though, and it doesn't flop open. I mean, I would be careful in the wind and stuff, wink.gif but it's not like instant exposure.

I've been playing around with the idea of accentuating what makes me unique. I read/looked at a makeover in a beauty magazine years ago...the makeup artist said something about how he/she liked to accentuate the features of the person that were unique instead of trying to "play down imperfections." That, to me, was radical thinking at the time and I never quite forgot that. Like when women with nice and large breasts wear tops to highlight them or women with long legs wear short skirts to show them off, why shouldn't we wear--and feel sexy in--things that show off our chest? That's kinda how I felt when I tried on my new dress and sweater without the bra--it accentuated my build, and...it ohmy.gif <shockers> looked good. If anyone doesn't like it, go fuck them. This is the way I was made, so if anyone thinks I'm lacking, they can take it up with the one who made me. tongue.gif

PS: ifjuly, welcome! And I agree--don't just lurk!

+Quote Post
starship
post Nov 4 2008, 06:27 PM
Post #2923

Hardcore BUSTie

hey ifjuly:) dont just lurk- your post was really enjoyable to read!
i loveed the bra you linked so much. they dont have the same one on the UK site though:(. they do have a ruffley bandeau type thing which matches some knickers i bought there so might treat myself to that instead.very flattering but not to practical under most clothing. i like that you can get small bras cheaper too. the only problem is actually finding them in the first place!
I think maybe a lot of guys (but not all) probably wouldnt mind slightly bigger boobs. the important thing is that this doesnt mean they dont find me sexy or want someone else etc etc. its just like with some guys, sure you wouldnt mind them to have a few extra inches but its not a deal breaker and doesnt stop you wanting to rip their clothes off. i used to get mad if a guy i was with even slightly implied big boobs/clevage was sexy, but they cant help it if they find that attractive. i wouldnt freak out if a bf said a girl with brown eyes (mine are blue) had nice eyes so it seems kind of illogical to do so if one says a girl with big breasts has hot boobs.

i was just wondering karategrrl, when you wore that sweater did you have any exposure worries? like when i wear low stuff like that braless i always have to keep checking im not accidentally revealing anything. probably 'cause i dont have much to hold tops in their place....

did anyone else get a pm from 'christina' asking for pics? hmm.
(no offence if youre reading this and are genuine christina. can never be too sure...)

+Quote Post
ifjuly
post Nov 4 2008, 05:37 PM
Post #2924

BUSTie
From: memphis, tn / pittsburgh, pa / rochester, ny / seoul, south korea

I've lurked here for years and this thread is one of my favorites; I come back to it every few months when I need a(n emotional) boost. It's strange; sometimes I'm just fine with my chest and even love it, other times I'm all awash with feeling tragic and hopelessly unsexy like the girls in that dearcupid link. I've also noticed 90% of this comes from women I've known who've implied it's a given I must hate my shape and act like they pity me. Really annoying. Though it's not all ladies--I have an ex who a couple times slipped and mentioned what a given it was that bigger is always better. Guys on the other forum I frequent, Metafilter, tend to say this too like it's gospel truth and anyone who says otherwise is just a PC liar. Sad.

My now-boyfriend is a sweetheart about this stuff, even if I know that in a vacuum, he prefers bustier (and curvier all around) gals. He still treats me like a sex goddess, bless him.

On another topic: just bought some cute new bras for petite gals: This one is my favorite.

It really cheers me up that us smaller gals finally have some pretty options for underwear. Lulalu was a godsend for me when it came out; before that I was limited to those Playtex TGIF bras (which work pretty well, but only come in matronly colors, and I totally agree that they've changed something lately and they're not as nice anyway) and bandeaus. Don't get me wrong, I like bandeaus...but it's nice to have some lingerie that looks like it means business.

I also love that in general bras are a lot cheaper when you don't have to obsess about straight-up cantilevered support etc. You can focus more on the way they look, which is fun.

I also love these retro-inspired one-piece halter-tie swimsuits that are coming back into style. Especially when they have straight-across necklines and feel a little structured instead of the 1950s sweetheart neckline and all that. Super cute.

All of this nipple peekaboo=cleavage for small women thing makes me think. I've always had major nipplephobia--the only reason I bother with bras at all is to hide 'em. A couple times I've been out and only realized once it was too late to head back home that you could see my nipple outline through my clothes. Always mortified me. Then about a year ago I had to make a run to the drugstore at night with my boyfriend for heating pads for his back. I realized when we got out of the car they were poking out from my t shirt and got all self-conscious, crossing my arms and muttering "Curses!" and all that. He smiled and murmured shyly in a sort of embarrassed tone about how he thought it was really hot. Haha. Score one for the guy. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Nov 4 2008, 09:10 AM
Post #2925

Hardcore BUSTie

PS: DJ, Love your signature (about the monkeys) and your "From" location.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Nov 4 2008, 09:07 AM
Post #2926

Hardcore BUSTie

Starship:
Okay, I could tell you she's not hot, but then I'd be lying. wink.gif Seriously, that photo is inspirational--as much as I love breasts, I see something like that and...I can't even describe it...women with little breasts have such a sweet hotness about them...<smacking self out of trance>

Roquelarie:
Yep, I've noticed this sort of thing and it never ceases to piss me off. And although it dislike that they used that "flat-chested" term, I love that they realized why this is ridiculous. (In a similar vein, anyone notice how clothing catalogs for plus-sized women often have little skinny models wearing the clothing???)

DJ:
"True dat, double true" on the advertising thing. How sad is it, really, that in order for things to sell, the industry makes us feel terrible about our bodies, lives, situations, etc., then creates things to sell to us to "fix" us/our situation?

And thanks about the sweater! I have to say I've been feeling really good about the bod lately. I got a new mail-order dress Friday and tried it on without a bra (not the way I'd wear it out, but I was lounging at home and happened to not be wearing a bra). I saw myself in it and thought, "wow, that's my body type, and it looks good on me!" I have to say, though, that all that self-confidence and self-appreciation can disappear in a flash the moment I see a Victoria's Secret ad or other busty model. I'm not yet at the point where I can see that and not make the instant comparison to myself, but pics like the one starship posted go a long way in creating images of beauty I CAN identify with!

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Nov 3 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #2927

Hardcore BUSTie

i totally agree roquelaure and with everthing you ladies have said as of late. how about selling us a bra that fits well and looks nice rather than one that is attempting to 'enhance' us. but i suppose that is the point of advertising entirely, make you feel like crud unless you have whatever they are selling, be that an image, a product ect.

karategrrl i love that sweater! i'm sure you will look smoking hot in it.

--------------------
"To lose everything at the edge of such a glorious eternity is far sweeter than to win by plodding through a cautious, painless, and featureless life."

+Quote Post
roquelaure
post Nov 3 2008, 07:44 PM
Post #2928

BUSTie

teehee- saw this on one of my fave sites, and immediately thought of this thread- check out the post for oct 30th tongue.gif

http://www.photoshopdisasters.com/

then again, although i chuckle at the ridiculousness of it, it pisses me off that they feel the need to do it on a site with the name "aalingerie". geez.

+Quote Post
starship
post Nov 3 2008, 06:54 PM
Post #2929

Hardcore BUSTie

i love the name purplestain!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emiliano_desi...57594400892080/

tell me she's not hot

+Quote Post
purplestain
post Nov 2 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #2930

BUSTie

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Oct 24 2008, 06:09 AM) *
what's with all this padding and wanting to look bigger? How about some "proud to be small" bras?

I agree, and one of the biggest problems I have with lingerie for small-breasted women is that they are nearly all padded or underwired, especially in the (pre)teen section. Any kind of wiring is uncomfortable and unnecessary for me. Padding makes it unbelievably awkward to raise my arms above my head/lean over a desk to write/fold my arms across my chest/move in any way. The best solution I've found is to shop only for bralettes, because they give a little support without building a foam sculpture on my chest. I've been wearing these (http://www.barelythere.com/style.asp?cid=1&id=50) literally every day since I discovered them. But most bralettes are pretty plain, which brings me to my next point...

THANK YOU for posting Lula Lu!! There goes my bank account... and here come lovely lacy sheer and sexy bralettes

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Oct 31 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #2931

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey ladies, I had to share.

I got this wicked new sweater:

http://www.us.redoute.com/clothing/Rayon-a...;PurchaseType=G

The V neck, on me, comes down to somwhere between my breastbone and navel. I tried it on last night without anythingon under and I have to say it actually looked good! Like, good enough that I might attempt to wear it that way in public, braless, and be daring at some point.

PS: I've gotten some serious bargains from this site!

Happy Halloween to those who celebrate it, and have a great weekend ladies!

+Quote Post
Aithinne
post Oct 29 2008, 01:07 PM
Post #2932

Hardcore BUSTie

That is true about the men being muscular in video games. Very interesting. Someone should do a cultural study of kid's movies.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Oct 29 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #2933

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Aithinne @ Oct 29 2008, 02:42 PM) *
They seem to think life will be perfect, but they don't realize there are difficulties with every size.

Children's movie... hmm. Seems we teach kids how to interact with women of different body types starting pretty early in life.

Grrl, very interesting observations. I am ashamed to admit this, but yes, I did watch Robin Hood in the last year, too, rolleyes.gif and now that you mention it, I do remember Little John suddenly having breasts when he dressed as a woman, and the flirting with the guards!

Yeeesssireee, I think this does start very, very early. Look at any of the video games now--the ones where you can choose your character--the female ones are usually busty and scantily clad. To be fair, observe that the male characters often are very muscular and may be sleeveless or shirtless. Neither is a "typical" portrayal of an average person.

Does anyone remember the Rankin-Bass production of "Rudolph" (made in the '60s, I think)? I always looooved this and, last Christmas, found and bought a DVD version. I was pretty shocked to see that, in this un-edited version, a scene they edited out of it when they showed it on TV. When Rudolph runs away and his father leaves to look for him, his mother wants to go, too, but the father says, "NO! This is MAN'S work!" After he leaves, Rudolph's mom and girlfriend set out on their own. wink.gif They did what they wanted to do, but after the men left. I think if this scene appeared in a 2008 version, Rudolph's mom would slap his dad shitless for that comment! BWAH!

+Quote Post
Aithinne
post Oct 29 2008, 09:42 AM
Post #2934

Hardcore BUSTie

Karategrrl, what a BS response from the magazine.. It seems like they think what you're saying is stupid. I feel that people are so focused now trying to combat negativity about people who aren't super skinny. There's a lot of stuff out now talking about how it's ok to be curvy (which it is!), and how men want curvy women, but I feel like they are approaching the negativity problem in the wrong way. I feel like they are building up that subset of women at the expense of women who don't have curves. As if the less curvy ladies are all completely ecstatic that they lack volumptuous curves, um, huh? There seems to be this idea that the other side of the fence has it perfect, that they have perfect confidence, and can't find anything wrong with themselves. The thinking is false. I've talked to people who assume that being thin with small breasts is all that and a bag of cheese and that I must be perfectly happy. NO, no no! I then try to describe to them how it could make someone feel less feminine and womanly to be built in such a manner. Some people understand a little bit better that every body type has their possible issues, but some people stubbornly hold on to their opinion, unfortunately. Instead of thinking people are just being stupid, I wish more people would try to understand WHY people feel the way they do. As far as breasts, I have several busty (and beautiful) friends who have told me they wish they had A's/B's. They seem to think life will be perfect, but they don't realize there are difficulties with every size.

On a side note, I still nostalgically watch disney movies smile.gif and I was watching the animated Robin Hood yesterday, and saw something I'd never noticed before but thought it was interesting. In the beginning of the movie when Robin (the fox) and Little John (the bear) see Prince John's (the lion) carriage, they decide to swindle the prince out of his money. So they dress up like women gypsies and ask to tell Prince John's fortune. I noticed that while Robin was in the carriage with the prince (Robin being dressed as a small-breasted woman), Little John, dressed as a large-breasted woman takes the gold hubcaps off the carriage and puts the gold from the treasure box in his "cleavage". Little John escapes because he flirts (in his large-breasted woman costume) with the guards when they whistle at Little John. I thought that was interesting, because it imitates real life- the large-breasted ladies getting the catcalls and whistles (although I don't think the large-breasted ladies would be as apt to flirt with such men). I just thought it was an interesting choice on the relative "breastedness" of the costumes, and how they interact with the guards. Children's movie... hmm. Seems we teach kids how to interact with women of different body types starting pretty early in life.

+Quote Post
starship
post Oct 28 2008, 08:10 PM
Post #2935

Hardcore BUSTie

did i miss the karategrrl pics:(

thanks for the links raquelaure!
im thinking of having a bit of a lingerie revamp sometime soon. its so hard to find something suitable that actually fits so when i do i tend to stick with them until they go to that little knciker drawer in the sky. i need some new, cute and unpadded stuff...ive also realised that half the bras i have i dont actually wear- wishful thinking purchases that didnt fit or dont look right under clothes. sigh.

i find a lot of articles and stuff i come across tends to have anti-a-cup undertones. its often just an implication though which leaves me looking/feeling like an over-sensitive obsessor if i complain...
although, i imagine there's probably a few scenarios where i unintentionally imply things in a similar way.

ah, i came for a bit of a boobie-rant but it's been a long day and my bed beckons

love to you all!!

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Oct 28 2008, 09:18 AM
Post #2936

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Vendetta @ Oct 28 2008, 12:52 AM) *
I think it's kinda hard to keep telling "those people" that A-cups are hot when clearly they don't think so. I agree with you karategrrl that the comment on the magazine is a bit offensive, I would read it as you did, but hei... people have their own opinions. I don't know... by the way karategrrl, you're HOT. Luuuuuv your hair and your huge smile!

Hey, Vendetta,

Thanks for the compliments. Awww, shucks... tongue.gif

Yep, I agree that people have their own opinions, and while I respect that I also think we must speak up when something is offensive. Yes, it is a fine line sometimes, as that approach can be taken to extremes--like, everything could be seen as offensive to someone. However, large-circulation magazines would get lots of flak if they printed things about large women being unsexy, or people of certain ethnicities being ugly or stupid, or any "opinions" of that sort. So why is this any different?

By the way, the article was titled, "French Women Don't Get Flat." <ahem, yes, we hate that word!> I did write them. This is what I heard back:

"Of course, we are sorry if you are disappointed in the "Why French Women Don't Get Flat", but we do thank you for being interested enough to share your thoughts with us."

Our words may fall on deaf ears, but I think if we speak up enough, eventually we will be heard. I think it's important to express one's opinion (of course, being respectful and intelligent about it) instead of just accepting it or getting upset about it. At least I know I said something on behalf of us all, and that does help me sleep at night. wink.gif

I am reminded of model Beverly Johnson, who observed that there had never been a woman of color on the cover of Vogue magazine. She wrote them a letter, and very soon <poof>, they had the first woman of color--her--on the cover. When she first appeared on Glamour's cover, the magazine's circulation doubled and set a record. In two years, she was on the front of Glamour magazine six times. She spoke her mind...and was heard. And people responded.

I think very often people don't mean to be offensive--it's just they've never considered another opinion (like...hellooooo...A-cups can be as sexy as any other breast size). That's where sharing of ideas and opinions is so important--it leads to greater knowledge and understanding, and the opening of minds.

Thanks again, V. for the compliment about my hair. I have to say that that's also been one of the things that's always been "different" about me (that and my small breasts). In the 70s, when everyone strove for that lookalike, straight, part-down-the-middle style, it was hell to stand out with my head of big, thick, frizzy curls. Lately, I have been embracing my hair as that which helps make me unique. And that's helped me view my breasts the same way. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Vendetta
post Oct 27 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #2937

Hardcore BUSTie

I think it's kinda hard to keep telling "those people" that A-cups are hot when clearly they don't think so. I agree with you karategrrl that the comment on the magazine is a bit offensive, I would read it as you did, but hei... people have their own opinions. I don't know... by the way karategrrl, you're HOT. Luuuuuv your hair and your huge smile!

+Quote Post
Aithinne
post Oct 27 2008, 12:08 PM
Post #2938

Hardcore BUSTie

Thought I'd add a few things to cheer everyone's day!

Turn up the volume!!!

Also, gotta love Maya Angelou:

Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm telling lies.
I say,
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.
I say,
It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can't touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them
They say they still can't see.
I say,
It's in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman

Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

+Quote Post
ailurophile
post Oct 27 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #2939

BUSTie

I have soooo much to say right now but I have been sooo busy this past week and since it's now Halloween week, like the best holiday EVER, I will continue to be busy for a bit. I just wanted to say, Karategrrl, that you should write something. They always have that section in mags where you can comment on articles of past issues. It's a great point to bring up that bigger girl's with her mentality need to know as well as it would be much appreciated by our smallie sisters around the world. I am insulted by that comment so, no, I don't think you're over reacting.

--------------------
I had been told that the training procedure with cats was difficult. It's not. Mine had me trained in two days. ~Bill Dana

Sat Nam...

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Oct 27 2008, 08:35 AM
Post #2940

Hardcore BUSTie

Subject: Stupidness in the Media

In the November issue of More magazine (which I usually dearly love, by the way), there is an article about a woman who goes to the premiere bra fitter in France to get her breasts measured and a bra custom-made. The woman, about finding she is actually an A-cup, not a B, as she had thought all her life, writes:

"My mouth falls open in protest. Surely my breasts are fuller than that. Why, men have promised impossible things to get at these breasts! I think of at least one who would offer a testimonial by phone."

Okay, so being an A-cup means no man would "promise impossible things" for them? Am I reading too much into this, ladies? I honestly don't see the correlation between one and the other. I think I shall write a letter to the magazine and bitch about it. Unless you all tell me I'm being too reactive.

Oh, and this woman has, like, 10 times the breast mass I do. I don't get the A-cup thing at all.

PS: My work friend made my freaking day before. She brought in a super-cute little black goth-ish dress for me that was too small in the chest for her. Like...she can't wear it BECAUSE her breasts are TOO BIG. Like...it's gonna fit me better BECAUSE of my smallies. Ah, the gems in life that keep us going....

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 145 146 147 148 149 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 22, 2014 - 10:56 PM