Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 221 222 223 224 225 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
jwo1880
post Jan 2 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #4441

Hi, Happy New Year's!

So, I read a couple of posts that suggest that your partner cannot give you BV. How true is that? Another thing is everytime i go to my gyno, she always tells me that i dont have BV but I can smell it. Can it be something else? I just got a pap and everything came back good so I don't even know what to think. I'm lost.

You ladies have 50 solutions and I don't know where to start. I ordered the Jamu Stick to see if that will wk so I will keep you updated on that.

My body was fine w/ the whole odor thing unitl 4-5 months into my relationship and now it's haunting us. My bf and I have been together for almost a year and he told me once that he basically couldn't get it up because i smelled. I cried and cried and felt so embarrassed. What do I do? I feel so hopeless and this thing is consuming me. i know you ladies feel the same so why isn't there any cure. My doctor also thinks I'm crazy and tells me that my smell might be my "normal" smell. Yea right, I know something is wrong down south but have no solution for it. I'm going crazy!

I don't even know what to think anymore. sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tweetykc
post Jan 2 2007, 09:18 PM
Post #4442

[quote name='Eralc Alegna' post='125084' date='Dec 28 2006, 01:19 PM']

Hello Everyone! I am new to the post, but I've been reading this message board for a while. I have been suffering with recurring BV since last May. I was completely heathly with no vaginal issues until I got a sinus infection and went on antibiotics last April. With the antibiotics came a yeast infection and the rest is history. I wanted to respond to Eralc Alegna's post because I also have a copper IUD. I've read that an IUD can assist in causing BV infections, so I'm starting to wonder if that's the problem. I'm just so frustrated because I love having the IUD and I'd hate to have it removed only to find that I'm am still suffering from this crap. My boyfriend and I have been treated several times and as soon as I get my period or we have unprotetected sex it comes back. I've read in some of the posts about different odors and mine has definitely changed over the course of this. I've treated it with Flagyl and Metro-gel, which have all been called in by my doctor. I finally made a gyno appt. for this Friday to try to get to the root of this problem. Unfortunately, my doctor has made comments to me before implying that this is all in my head and that nothing is wrong. I swear if he doesn't take me seriously I am going to scream!

I just want to say thanks to all of you that are on here. I have enjoyed reading all the information you've given as well as just knowing that I'm am not alone with this and that I am not crazy.

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Jan 2 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #4443

BUSTie

QUOTE(shendy @ Jan 1 2007, 10:14 PM) *

Has anyone had to frustration with testing - that sometimes you feel symptoms but nothing shows up on the tests?

Welcome shendy,

I went back to the doctor about 2 months ago after all my home remedies failed me, and although there was tons of discharge and odor I was told there was nothing. I did however use boric about a day before the appointment which could have thrown the test off (i didn't know i would get in so soon).
I also get red, itchy and irritated. I have cracks between my labia and around my perinium/anus. I think this is probably due to the fact that I've been forced to wear pads for a year straight now. I've mentioned this before but i think we may be alone with this partcular little horror.

+Quote Post
alwaysonmymind
post Jan 2 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #4444

BUSTie

This is so frusturating for all of us. I just want to think that one day I can be normal, have a normal relationship, get married, have kids-live a normal happy life. Almost five years ago I made one mistake by sleeping with somebody I thought I trusted and all of sudden I got BV. I know he was sleeping around. I didn't know what to do it smelled so bad. I would change my underwear at work and douche. I finally went to the doctor and she was like "oh its just BV" Take the antibiotics and it will go away. I thought I was home free. "Just an infection". So, everytime I slept with this partner the BV and then a yeast infection came back. It is hell to live like this. I wish I could go back and time and make different choices. I've learned to manage my infections by having protected sex and watching my sugar drinking lots of water. But, as soon as I have unprotected sex it comes back. Two years ago, I was also diagnosed with Cervical Dyplesia caused by HPV. I thought my life was over. I know it was caused by the same partner because it takes time to develop and my body just changed after him.

I tell myself everyday to be happy and to be thankful for what I have. Hopefully, someday someone will love me for who I am and not what I smell like:) It is really hard because now that I finished college all of my friends are getting married, and having babies. I hope that we all find a cure~cause the doctors don't give a "shit". They just don't know anything much about down there! Just had to vent:)

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Jan 2 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #4445

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(shendy @ Jan 2 2007, 03:08 PM) *

Well thank you all for the hellos (lovin' the tori amos pianogirl). What does the folic acid and flax do? And has anyone noticed that sometimes you actually feel better (less pain and itching) after you have sex?

Thanks Shendy I love her music.

We came to the conclusion of the folic acid after one of the ladies suggested it....also if you were on bc pills it tends to deplete your folic acid which can lead to cervical dyplasia which is what I have along with BV. Here are some links on this:

http://www.womenshealthchannel.com/cervica...sia/index.shtml

http://www.tidesoflife.com/cervical_dysplasia.htm

Also Shendy I didnt start to get BV till I was on BC pills after I went to the doctor i was diagnosed with cervical dyplasia/ HPV..

The flax seed oil is b/c I wasted money and saw a holistic doctor and she recommeneded fish oil to help boost immunity. I have been a vegetarian for many years so flax oil is the alternate method.

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/health-s...ax-seed-oil.htm

I think we all have pretty much done the acidophilous vaginally and orally and have had limited success.

This problem is super frustrating and embarassing but for the most part we all have manged to keep it under control.

Good luck and welcome ..

+Quote Post
Aggravated
post Jan 2 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #4446

BUSTie

Shendy:
Just a thought, but don't sit in a bath before you go to the doctor. The last time I went for a Pap Smear I (stupidly) took a bath beforehand. Nothing showed up on the test. Knowing that couldn't be right, I went back to the doctor shortly after and had her do the in office test (without a bath) and the BV did show up then.

+Quote Post
shendy
post Jan 2 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #4447

Well thank you all for the hellos (lovin' the tori amos pianogirl). What does the folic acid and flax do? And has anyone noticed that sometimes you actually feel better (less pain and itching) after you have sex?

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Jan 2 2007, 10:45 AM
Post #4448

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Jan 2 2007, 01:00 AM) *

Hi shendy. I've been to the doctor and had the ph tests come back normal even though I knew I either had BV or it was on the verge of returning. So it's hard to say how accurate those are. I think we each tend to know our own bodies better than the tests, especially since most of us have been dealing with this crap for awhile. My doctor thinks that I'm being too sensitive about my vaginal smell sometimes, but I have reason to be!

Hi Sassy,

My doctor is the same way. They always think we are paraniod but we know our bodies very well. As for me I havent used the boric since Thursday evening and I dont have any smell (yet). I also havent had sex since thursday so lets see what happens. I am taking the folic acid everyday and flax oil.

Thanks

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jan 2 2007, 08:26 AM
Post #4449

Hardcore BUSTie

Welcome Shendy!

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jan 1 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #4450

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi shendy. I've been to the doctor and had the ph tests come back normal even though I knew I either had BV or it was on the verge of returning. So it's hard to say how accurate those are. I think we each tend to know our own bodies better than the tests, especially since most of us have been dealing with this crap for awhile. My doctor thinks that I'm being too sensitive about my vaginal smell sometimes, but I have reason to be!

+Quote Post
shendy
post Jan 1 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #4451

Hello all, I just came across this forum and I am thrilled to find other people dealing with BV (though I must admit it is upsetting to see that BV can last for years and years -I'm at 11 months and ready to kill something). I started off the same way most you seemed to - I contracted whooping cough in january ('06) and took intense antibiotics and steroid inhalers for a while which caused my first yeast infection. Since then I have been constantly fighting the yeast and bacterial infections, receiving incorrect diagnoses from the numerous gynocologists I have been through, and trying everything under the sun. Garlic tampons, vinegar douches, boric acid suppositories, acidophilus suppositories. While I don't seem to have the odor problem that you all complain about, I get really irritated and red and itchy. I recently did antibiotics for a sinus infection and boric acid to prevent a yeast infection and my doctor gave me a clean bill of health (despite the fact I was having burning and pain during sex), but of course the next week I was having another outbreak and this one was worse than ever. Has anyone had to frustration with testing - that sometimes you feel symptoms but nothing shows up on the tests? Has anyone found a place to buy home PH testing strips to monitor things? I just want to finish by thanking everyone for posting on this forum, I really feel better knowing I am not alone in this.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jan 1 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #4452

Hardcore BUSTie

I did the one with the machine.I've never heard of the one with the bag before. I think the one with the machine was pretty good and I did not feel as if it were dangerous at all.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jan 1 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #4453

Hardcore BUSTie

Here's some reading on it: Colonic

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate...ics/gastro.html

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/coloncleanse/a/colonic.htm

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW...ml?d=dmtContent

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Jan 1 2007, 10:14 AM
Post #4454

BUSTie

I've considered doing it and would like to try, but I've read quite a bit of debate over which method is best and safest. A book I have says to only use "gravity method" where they hang a bag above you and let it flow down. The other type uses a machine to pump the water through. Which did you get?
They say that you're supposed to get them regularly or it all just bulids back up again so cost is what stops me. $ 50 isn't bad at all though, maybe I'll look into it

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 31 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #4455

Hardcore BUSTie

I just wanted to say I did a colonic friday and the experience was not bad at all. I felt energized and well.........GOOD! I think some of you should try it.It might help!I got a discount friday so it only cost me $50.00 dollars. Find a place where you live and try it.You will not believe some of the things that will come out of you!

+Quote Post
herekittykitty
post Dec 31 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #4456

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Dec 30 2006, 12:56 PM) *

Herekittykitty, how are you doing the wash?? I tried it once, but couldn't keep it in there.

Glad to hear the boric is working for you guys. I wish I could take it. It sucks I'm alergic to it. I want to take it, but I'm scared of the rash. It's back on my arms. sad.gif Oh well, I'm still using Folic and B vitamins but, the smell is still there. It's not working. I'm tempted to just get some Antibiotics.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I HOPE THIS NEW YEAR BRINGS ON A CURE FOR US ALL!!

Hi there Jewel....so I simply purchased a "spoon dropper." It's like a mini baster that is used to extract medicine from a bottle and onto a spoon.

Anyhow, I do the wash after I take a shower or sometimes with a thick towel on the floor. I lay down and kind of prop my legs up so that my pelvis is at an angle. I then use the dropper to extract the HP and gently insert the full dropper into my vagina. I then squeeze the dropper gently and I can feel the liquid flow out and also trickle out of my vagina. I then pull the dropper out slowly and squeeze my legs together immediately remaining in that propped up position. I hold the HP like this in me for about 30 sec and then drain the liquid. I repeat this about 5 times holding the HP in for about 3 minutes on the last wash.

If properly held in your vagina, the HP should feel warm to hot (since it's been warmed up in your vagina) when you let it drain and after you've held it in for at least 30 - 60 secs. The first time I did this, I felt a bit of burning...but I was encouraged as it indicates that the HP is reacting to the bacteria in your vaginal cavity. I immediately saw results as soon as I completed my first wash.

Try my method....and see if it works for you! If you're having issues with keeping the liquid in you should also try dipping a tampon in the HP and then inserting it in your vagina for up to 3-4 hours.

Good luck Jewel and Happy New Years!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 30 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #4457

Hardcore BUSTie

Herekittykitty, how are you doing the wash?? I tried it once, but couldn't keep it in there.

Glad to hear the boric is working for you guys. I wish I could take it. It sucks I'm alergic to it. I want to take it, but I'm scared of the rash. It's back on my arms. sad.gif Oh well, I'm still using Folic and B vitamins but, the smell is still there. It's not working. I'm tempted to just get some Antibiotics.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I HOPE THIS NEW YEAR BRINGS ON A CURE FOR US ALL!!

+Quote Post
herekittykitty
post Dec 30 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #4458

BUSTie

Hello all....so I've done the Hydrogen Peroxide wash consecutively for 3 days and so far so good! biggrin.gif

There is absoultely no smell and the discharge is normal...

I'm also taking 2 - Adophilus pills as well as 2 - 500mg tablets of Vitamin C daily. I will continue the wash for another 4 straight days and continue to take the pills and vitamins until I finish the bottle. I haven't had sex yet...but as a preventive measure I'm going to do the wash right after each time I have sex. At least until I'm confident the BV is gone.

I'm also considering taking folic acid and flax seed oil as recommended by others...but I'm going to stick with what I'm doing now and see how that goes.

Everyone's body reacts differently to different kinds of treatments...so hopefully this works for me!

I'll update you all in a few days or 1 week from the start of my treatment.

Good luck, ladies and have a SAFE and FABULOUS NEW YEARS! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Dec 30 2006, 08:08 AM
Post #4459

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Eralc Alegna @ Dec 28 2006, 01:19 PM) *

Does/has anyone else here used an IUD? Copper to be specific? I LOOOVVVEE mine but am thinking of having it removed once i can get insurance again. I had problems with BV prior to getting it but only since it was inserted did the BV become close to constant. The only problem is that it's the only form of birth control I'm actually comfortable using. I/we hate condoms, not to mention that they're not trust-worthy, and the hormonal route just seems wrong to me in addition to the fact that it could be the cause of this whole damn fiasco!
I'm to the point though that I'd rather have regular sex using condoms than no sex at all because I'm too damn disgusted with myself.
I've been searching online and while the non-hormonal options out there SUCK (besides IUDs) I'm thinking of using a femcap and condoms from now on. The condoms would help if semen is part of the problem, but the femcap requires spermicide, which is known to cause/aggravate bv.
Any input? advice? experience with sponges, diaphrams or the femcap? I'm so frustrated that no matter what I do I'm F---ed in some regard except for the way I'm supposed to be!

I've never had an IUD..

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Dec 30 2006, 07:00 AM
Post #4460

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi Ladies,

I went to my doctir for a pap smear and I told her about the boric acid and she was impressed. SHe said she was going to tell her patients about it. As for me I am still on the boric and am taking the folic acid and the flax seed oil.

Happy New Year!

Thanks,

PG

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 221 222 223 224 225 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 23, 2014 - 05:54 AM