Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hiv Testing, Can we talk?
HIV
Do you know your HIV status?
Yes [ 43 ] ** [91.49%]
No [ 4 ] ** [8.51%]
Have you had unprotected sex with a partner whose HIV status you didn't know?
Yes [ 24 ] ** [50.00%]
No [ 24 ] ** [50.00%]
How often do you discuss HIV status with a partner before having sex?
Never [ 6 ] ** [12.77%]
Rarely [ 7 ] ** [14.89%]
Sometimes [ 8 ] ** [17.02%]
Often [ 13 ] ** [27.66%]
Everytime [ 13 ] ** [27.66%]
Total Votes: 47
Guests cannot vote 
culturehandy
post Nov 20 2007, 07:51 AM
Post #41

(o)(o)

Damn, those look fantastic!

Lilac, I met with my academic references in October, both meetings went fantastically. I am using two professors whom I've had for my entire undergraduate degree. One is a Medical Anthropologist, that was my area of study for my undergrad degree, the other a Cultural Antrhopologist who has a very distinguished career. They say I should have no problem getting into the programmes I am applying for.

Now, managing full time work and studies. Not quitting the cushy government job I currently have. Although it can be the job from hell.

Now all I can think about is chocolate.

Le Sigh.

ETA: X-posted with Kitten. Hi!

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Nov 20 2007, 07:48 AM
Post #42

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Blue food isn't wrong. What about blue M&Ms? Actually, I think that is the color that my father won't eat. But, still, blueberries!

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
beck
post Nov 20 2007, 04:07 AM
Post #43

Hardcore BUSTie

Just had to cut in - have been following this thread with interest and couldn't hold back. Those bonbons look gorgeous apart from...blue chocolate? Blue food is just wrong!!

check out these chocolates though - the salt caramels are the best thing ever...
Artisan du Chocolat

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Nov 20 2007, 02:08 AM
Post #44

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

*wipes drool off of keyboard* Those pictures look yummy.

Thanks for fixing it, shiny. It could be my work computer was the problem, since it sounds like nobody else had any issues. Those recipes look really good, I'm a sucker for anything involving dulce de leche and ice cream (preferably together). I'll have to try out faerie's recipe too, I know someone who likes bananas and chocolate who is sure to love them together.

Pepper, here's a link to the recipe. They took it from the same cookbook I used and changed a couple of minor things. It looks like they made it healthier by adding whole wheat flour and substituting yogurt for sour cream, but other than that it's the same. Have fun (and post some pictures).

And the letter, I asked a few people I met through my class, volunteering, and work if I could use them for references and they said I could, and since I've done a satisfactory job in most of them, I'm sure they will say nice things about me. I even sat down with my instructor and got some good advice on applying for jobs in the area too. My current boss is sure to give me a good reference when I'm ready to leave, and if I kick ass at my current volunteer gigs, I have two more there as well. (What, just because you don't have a life means the rest of us don't either?)

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
kiss_the_fiddler
post Nov 19 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #45

Hardcore BUSTie

Such lovely pictures! I'm hungry. Yummy!

fiddler

--------------------
Everybody loves the truck!

+Quote Post
pepper
post Nov 19 2007, 06:43 PM
Post #46

oh, you posted those because you're sending me some, right? 'cause you wouldn't do that just to torture me. you wouldn't be so cruel.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Nov 19 2007, 05:54 PM
Post #47

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Ahhhh, sweet, sweet bonbons........

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 19 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #48

(o)(o)

faerie, sounds a little shotty to me.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
faerietails2
post Nov 19 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #49

donut-lovin' heathen

oh i hate those stupid letters of intent. i never know what to write. for the MLS program i just applied to, we had to write two pages. assign me a research paper or long essay any day. letter of intent? i'll pass.

yup, i hate sour cream. i tend to hate creamy white stuff in general, though. *waits for the jokes*
seriously...ranch dressing, creme filling, most pudding? ew. (but not ice cream, of course!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
psychicfemme
post Nov 19 2007, 04:46 PM
Post #50

BUSTie

QUOTE(culturehandy @ Nov 20 2007, 08:57 AM) *
Further, with a master degree and doctorate, I'll make more money than you'll even dream of.

Heh...first you'll have to remove the squeaker and stuffing that currently fills your head smile.gif I'm just sayin...

ps...case in point CH, community health sciences isn't the joke...the idea of you applying is the joke smile.gif Geez...do I have to explain every little thing?

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 19 2007, 04:40 PM
Post #51

(o)(o)

PF, do you have a degree? I think you'd need to graduate from high school to accomplish that first. Since all that you are capable of is spewing back drivel you've read from any HIV pamphlet, I doubt you'd even make it through University. Further, with a master degree and doctorate, I'll make more money than you'll even dream of.

If community health sciences is such a joke, then it is interesting that epidemiology, which looks at patterns of diesase, included your beloved HIV, is part of community healths science. Also, Berkley, MIT and Harvard, oxford offer the degree which you find to be such a joke. ONe can get a degree in Epidemiolody, which is usually a combined M.D. Ph.D. Which is more than you can ever dream of.

Again, pf, poor showing, do your research before you try and put someone down. Your attempts at trying to put me down are futile and down right amusing. Part of the academic process is doing independent research which you are clearly incapable of, as all that you post is knowledge that can be found in any pamphlet and on any half assed health site.

Even your posts consist of nothing more than reitering that which has already been said, and even then you are too lazy to write what the person prior to use has written, you do nothing more than use the quote button, nothing more than plagirism. That is a true sign of intellectual weakness.

Ooooh, I'm impressed with your "knowledge" now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
psychicfemme
post Nov 19 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #52

BUSTie

QUOTE(culturehandy @ Nov 20 2007, 08:43 AM) *
I am not a fan of muffins, I have to admit.
Speaking of MA's, I'm writing my letter of intent, or letter of interest, call it what you will, and it's really difficult to put what you want in a page. As for the community health sciences masters degree, I have to choose if I want to do an M.Sc, a M. Community Health Science, human popluation health, or health administratio or Public Healh. Decisions decisions.

Masters in Community Health Science? That has got to be *the* joke of the afternoon. But I'd be happy to give you a letter of reference CH!!! Just let me pull up some of these past posts on the HIV thread...

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 19 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #53

(o)(o)

I am not a fan of muffins, I have to admit.

As for bananas they have to be sjust turned yellow, if there is a bit of green, that's fine, too.

Sour cream, I heart sour cream, not too much though.

Speaking of MA's, I'm writing my letter of intent, or letter of interest, call it what you will, and it's really difficult to put what you want in a page. As for the community health sciences masters degree, I have to choose if I want to do an M.Sc, a M. Community Health Science, human popluation health, or health administratio or Public Healh. Decisions decisions.

Lewis Black, mmmmm. And Jon Stewart, he's so cute!

I need a much better way to have protein powder. I've made it in pancakes, which isn't so bad, it's when you have with only milk. Vile.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pepper
post Nov 19 2007, 04:24 PM
Post #54

faerie, i don't think you have to convert the cake recipe to make muffins, just bake for less time.
and yes, i loathe bananas. i had to get over the gag reflex from the smell 'cause i have kids and you know, kids Love bananas! but me? no, never. yuck.

eta, i don't peek. i meant it, this one is boring. i admit to peeking at the start but yawn. the rest of you i lurve though. mwah!

+Quote Post
psychicfemme
post Nov 19 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #55

BUSTie

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Nov 20 2007, 07:46 AM) *
A family friend of mine died during that first sweep of AIDs deaths. He got so sick so quickly & it broke my little heart. That's why I have always been vigilant about knowing my status & the status of my partners. That & I know way too many girls that have gotten some form of STD while in a LTR. My vajayjay ain't getting sick because somebody can't keep their peestick in their draws.

Aural, I know...I also lost some friends in that first sweep of AIDS in the 70s. I think a lot of people dont' think of themselves as at risk cuz they think they know what's really happening in their relationships/partners, etc. But like you say, are you willing to gamble your life on your partner's fidelity? So many HIV cases are showing up out of supposedly committed relationships, or in people who have only had 1 or 2 partners in their entire lives. This poll is showing kind of how that can happen.

pf

+Quote Post
psychicfemme
post Nov 19 2007, 03:48 PM
Post #56

BUSTie

QUOTE(faerietails2 @ Nov 20 2007, 08:02 AM) *
"Oh, and tell us more about the multiple degrees and stuff" Sure! BA: double major in english/philosophy, double minor in music/media studies; MA: women's history; applying for a 2nd grad program in library studies to make the whole liberal arts thing more employable, ya know?

Uh huh...nice try faeriecakes, but your unemployed retail post says it all...but hey, you're in luck...I hear Target's hiring for the holidays!!!

+Quote Post
faerietails2
post Nov 19 2007, 03:45 PM
Post #57

donut-lovin' heathen

"Oh, and tell us more about the multiple degrees and stuff" Sure! BA: double major in english/philosophy, double minor in music/media studies; MA: women's history; applying for a 2nd grad program in library studies to make the whole liberal arts thing more employable, ya know? don't worry, next year your mom will have your 8th grade graduation diploma to post on the fridge. smile.gif

Okay, for real, i'll stop! I'm always guaranteed a laugh, though, which is why I can't help peeking! hee! this thread rules.

good god, coffee cake muffins rule the world! i've had them before, i just don't know how to convert a recipe.

EDIT: ap and pepper, you hate bananas?!!
i've never had nutella, so i can't speak to that.

you know what i DO hate? sour cream.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 19 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #58

Big Fat Bitch

A family friend of mine died during that first sweep of AIDs deaths. He got so sick so quickly & it broke my little heart. That's why I have always been vigilant about knowing my status & the status of my partners. That & I know way too many girls that have gotten some form of STD while in a LTR. My vajayjay ain't getting sick because somebody can't keep their peestick in their draws.

Lewis Black is supposedly single . . . & straight.

And once & for all, I HATE NUTELLA! And bananas, too.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
pepper
post Nov 19 2007, 03:27 PM
Post #59

kitten rocks the nummy kitchen! i am making those, gotta go on a grocery run first though.
lilac, if you post the recipe for coffee cake i'll grab the neccessitos from the store for that too. it should be fine as muffins, just bake for a shorter time i think.
i'm only wasting my time baking recipes that come with a recommendation from now on. if i gotta make it, it better be good!

yes, i will bake. yes, i will post pics. yes, y'all will gain weight just looking, heh. hey, if my ass has to get bigger so does Yours!

ETA oh, Ianiethezany you beat me to it!
i will not bake with bananas though, i hate them. ok, i will bake with them for the kids, i just won't taste test!

+Quote Post
laniethezany
post Nov 19 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #60

BUSTie

lilac -

I made some Nutella banana pancakes once - they were a big hit. I just bought regular pancake mix and made it according to the instructions on the package. Then I added two really ripe bananas mashed to within an inch of their lives and a couple of generous glops of Nutella. I mixed all that up then added a bit more of the pancake mix until it seemed like a workable consistency. Then I just cooked them the way I would have cooked any other pancakes. I had both maple and banana syrup on hand, but most people seemed to eat them with just butter.

I think most bread or cake recipes can be made as muffins - you just have to watch the baking time, obviously, because smaller portions of batter bake faster than a whole pan full.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 21, 2014 - 08:02 PM