271 Pages V  « < 153 154 155 156 157 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
anitsirhc
post Jun 30 2007, 08:45 PM
Post #3081

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(cynmcclelland @ Jun 30 2007, 06:45 PM) *
Hi all! i am a *newbie* here with a question, and let me warn you it may be the dumbest question you have ever heard!! part of that is because i go to the gyno as little as humanly possible (i know its not good but i hate it!) okay now...

**i have never had any problems with *smell* until i started having sex with my husband, now all of a sudden i have this horrible fishy smell and itch, and very very rarely i get dishcharge (not often but it happens). i was reading through the threa and i saw a lot of women had success with boric acid, but part of me (i will admit, the smarter part of me) says to go see my gyno to make sure nothing serious is going on. ANYWAYS here is the dumb part....before you were diagnosed with BV and all you had was the symptom of the *smell* when you called to make your gyno appt and they asked for the reason of the appt...what did you say? i mean i dont really want to say to some stranger on the phone well i smell like fish *lol* ..........

whenever i go to get checked for bv i tell them that i want to get tested for an infection. and they ask me if i have any symptoms of one.

jewels is a pap smear the same thing they do when they check you for bv? i always thought it was different... or do they find it on a pap smear too? because originally i thought it was on a pap smear and then the doctor told me it wasn't. i don't know i'm confused now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jun 30 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #3082

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(cynmcclelland @ Jul 1 2007, 12:00 AM) *
Thanks!

i have one more question...and *caution* this might be *TMI*

does your partners *size* have anything to do with vaginal infections.... like i said i never had a problem until my husband...and he is much larger then the men ive been with in the past...and if that does cause a problem is there truly anything you can do about it?.

THANKS FOR ASKING!!! YES!!! For some I should say!! But I can only speak about myself. Mine was definatley due to size. My B.V. started when I started dating my ex boyfriend, who is LARGE.. I personally feel, it had to do with the number of times we would have sex....which caused me to become RAW...which opened myself up for bacteria to get in....So, yes, definatley.. What can you do about???? hahahahahah...well, I would suggest using lubrication maybe, so that you don't get raw...and use some preventative. I'm not real good on the preventative stuff that the girls take, Probotics and such, so...GIRLS...CAN YOU GIVE HER SOME ADVICE??!!

+Quote Post
cynmcclelland
post Jun 30 2007, 05:43 PM
Post #3083

Thanks!

i have one more question...and *caution* this might be *TMI*

does your partners *size* have anything to do with vaginal infections.... like i said i never had a problem until my husband...and he is much larger then the men ive been with in the past...and if that does cause a problem is there truly anything you can do about it?.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jun 30 2007, 05:21 PM
Post #3084

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(cynmcclelland @ Jun 30 2007, 10:45 PM) *
Hi all! i am a *newbie* here with a question, and let me warn you it may be the dumbest question you have ever heard!! part of that is because i go to the gyno as little as humanly possible (i know its not good but i hate it!) okay now...

**i have never had any problems with *smell* until i started having sex with my husband, now all of a sudden i have this horrible fishy smell and itch, and very very rarely i get dishcharge (not often but it happens). i was reading through the threa and i saw a lot of women had success with boric acid, but part of me (i will admit, the smarter part of me) says to go see my gyno to make sure nothing serious is going on. ANYWAYS here is the dumb part....before you were diagnosed with BV and all you had was the symptom of the *smell* when you called to make your gyno appt and they asked for the reason of the appt...what did you say? i mean i dont really want to say to some stranger on the phone well i smell like fish *lol* ..........

WELCOME ABOARD CYNMCCLELLAND!!

DEFINATELY GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! When you call, just state that you need to make an appt for a pap smear. You dont have to tell a stranger about your smell...Definately go first though, because the first time I had this YEARS AND YEARS AGO... The medicine they gave me, Flagyl vaginal gel took mine away for about 5yrs!! So...if you can catch this soon enough...you may get lucky and it might not become re-occuring!!

As far as the Boric Acid goes, alot of woman have had great success with it!! HOWEVER...you need to see your doctor first to determine if what you have is truly Bacterial Vaginosis...Not treating this infection properly can cause serious health issues...so, find out first if this is what you have. Once you've taken the prescription, and GOD FORBID you have re-occuring B.V.. then it will be time to start thinking of other alternatives. If you check out Lori's blog, under her signature...she offers TONS of ideas, and gives you examples of what the ladies have used, side effects, etc.

GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW HOW EVERYTHING GOES!!!

+Quote Post
cynmcclelland
post Jun 30 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #3085

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 30 2007, 10:48 AM
Post #3086

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Italianwife88 @ Jun 30 2007, 12:28 PM) *
Thanks. if i put one in and used a tampon would the tampon just absorb all the medicine? seems like a lot of it just comes out anyways.

sorry i forgot to answer that. i only used a tampon while on yeast arrest once or twice and it was when i had to because i was going to the beach. so if i were you i would just try to not use them, again call your doctor and ask cause i never asked anyone (like i never called the company or anything.) also, the white discharge you have is most likely the boric acid coming out. is it watery? then it's the boric acid...

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Jun 30 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #3087

BUSTie

Thanks. if i put one in and used a tampon would the tampon just absorb all the medicine? seems like alot of it just comes out anyways.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 30 2007, 08:02 AM
Post #3088

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(pympmama1 @ Jun 30 2007, 05:01 AM) *
HEY Neverending

You have PCOS... I was check for that due to periodic abdomminal pain that feels like a midget is sitting on my lower stomach.... I have hemorraghic cysct and I have been trying to find some correlation to cyst down there and BV.....
Neverending how log have you had PCOS

I have a very mild case(hair growth, little overweight, very little acne) of pcos now. I believe I've had it for many years now but there is no way of knowing when it really started. In Jan/2007 I had a cyst rupture. Talk about PAINFUL! I blame birth control for this because before that, I've never had any problems whatsoever. As soon as I stopped popping the pill BAM severe weight gain, severe discharge, severe acne, and moderate hair growth. After I used the Estroil I noticed that my weight decreased, my acne started clearing up, less hair growth and no discharge.Go figure! I'm still confused as to why the estroil helped? I just started Acupunture yesturday and I heard if you have a mild case you have a better chance of getting rid of pcos. Oh, and yes I also believe all this stuff correlates with each other. Many of us on the board have the same symptoms (IBS, PCOS, DISCHARGE, DEPRESSION,ANXIETY,PID,ETC). If you find any good articles send them my way.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 30 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #3089

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Italianwife88 @ Jun 30 2007, 04:15 AM) *
I need some help from someone(anitsirhc or otherwise). I was put on 600 mg boric acid about a month ago. It looks to be almost the same thing as yeast arrest, without the other two things in it. My doctor has me taking it every OTHER night for two months. instead of what yeast arrest says which is like 2 times a day for 3-7 days or 10-14 days for resistance cases. It seems to be keeping my b.v. at bay but not kicking it out of there. my discharge is white but not clumpy, and it has a hint of bv smell. do you think i should do the acid every night? I've also had a few times that i missed a night and continued the next night. could inconsistency be doing this? I'm really new to all treatments. does everyone here have BV from being pregnant?( I know 1 in 4 get bv from pregnancy) I've never been pregnant I just started having problems after having sex only one time. sad.gif

I also wanted to know, if you start your period when taking the suppository do you wear a pad or wear a tampon anyways?

i'm not sure. the yeast arrest is 600 mg of boric acid also, but i only took it for a month. so maybe you're taking it less often but over a longer period of time? i would call your doctor and tell him/her that you don't feel like it's completely going away. also, inconsistency can definitely affect your results. and no not everyone has bv from being pregnant. i have never been pregnant and i'm sure a lot of other women on here haven't been pregnant either. sorry i didn't really help. good luck!!!

by the way, the last yeast arrest i put in was tuesday night and today i'm still bv free smile.gif

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Jun 30 2007, 01:58 AM
Post #3090

BUSTie

I need some help from someone(anitsirhc or otherwise). I was put on 600 mg boric acid about a month ago. It looks to be almost the same thing as yeast arrest, without the other two things in it. My doctor has me taking it every OTHER night for two months. instead of what yeast arrest says which is like 2 times a day for 3-7 days or 10-14 days for resistance cases. It seems to be keeping my b.v. at bay but not kicking it out of there. my discharge is white but not clumpy, and it has a hint of bv smell. do you think i should do the acid every night? I've also had a few times that i missed a night and continued the next night. could inconsistency be doing this? I'm really new to all treatments. does everyone here have BV from being pregnant?( I know 1 in 4 get bv from pregnancy) I've never been pregnant I just started having problems after having sex only one time. sad.gif

I also wanted to know, if you start your period when taking the suppository do you wear a pad or wear a tampon anyways?

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Jun 29 2007, 09:44 PM
Post #3091

BUSTie

HEY Neverending

You have PCOS... I was check for that due to periodic abdomminal pain that feels like a midget is sitting on my lower stomach.... I have hemorraghic cysct and I have been trying to find some correlation to cyst down there and BV.....
Neverending how log have you had PCOS

+Quote Post
britt8705
post Jun 29 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #3092

BUSTie

Hey Everyone... I have been having trouble keeping up with this forum...but if someone could fill me in or send me a link to a page that has all the updated info about what is good to use that would be a big help... Thanks oh yea is Estroil still a good product to use if so where can I purchase it.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 29 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #3093

Hardcore BUSTie

so i went to the doctor today, switched back to ortho tri-cyclen lo. wanna know what happened?? when i went to planned parenthood to pick up my new prescription for bc they put ortho tri-cyclen and forgot to put the "lo" so when i brought it to the pharmacy they just filled it with the "generic" brand of ortho tri-cyclen which is trinessa which is HORRIBLE! if you ever get TriNessa instead of ortho tri-cyclen... do not take it. tell them you want the brand name, not the generic. it was so bad. if you search TriNessa online you'll find numerous pages of women complaining about really bad side effects. so yeah, i was pissed that the doctor gave me the wrong bc and that the pharmacy decided to give me the generic brand without asking.

ANYWAY.... i had them check me for bv. and it came back NEGATIVE!! i'm a little skeptical though.. cause i'm spotting a little bit, so she said the results might not be accurate, but wouldn't blood make it seem more like i have bv not like i don't have it even if i do? and also, i put a yeast arrest in tuesday night so could that change anything? i don't feel like i have bv right now. i'm not smelling and i'm just spotting, no discharge. who the hell knows. i feel good right now so that's good right? ok enough blabbering, time for food. hope you all have a good friday!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 29 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #3094

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 29 2007, 02:35 PM) *
Did it today but it does not work. So, I'll just skip over her posts like I usually do. laugh.gif

you have to be logged in for it to work. if you just go to the board and you're not logged in it will still show hers.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jun 29 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #3095

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey everyone,
I'm out of town and on a horrible computer. I told you all that I got a book about hormones...one I also just got, while it has a dumbass title..it has some great information in it. The first step the treatment of any health issue is education. Of course we already know that. It's why some of us are here. The books called " It's my ovaries stupid! (i said dumb title) lol. By Elizabeth Lee Vliet MD

It has a lot of helpful information. How to test for problems,what causes them, how to prevent..blah blah blah

Neverending, it has a good chapter about one of your conditions too. PCOS...

It will at least help to have some facts to slap back to Dr. Quack at least!

Have a good weekend you all, I will try to get the side effects of all those wonderful antibotics posted soon, but I don't have time right now!

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 29 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #3096

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 29 2007, 11:35 AM) *
Did it today but it does not work.

Yes, it does.

You must be retarded.

--------------------

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 29 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #3097

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Jun 29 2007, 03:41 PM) *
did it 2 days ago smile.gif

Did it today but it does not work. So, I'll just skip over her posts like I usually do. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 29 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #3098

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Jun 29 2007, 07:41 AM) *

Yeah, you say you did it, but you *still* read what I write and harass me anyway. So, what's the point?

AFTER you said you blocked me, you attacked me AGAIN. *I* ignored you for peace's sake. But you insist on keeping this fight going. Why? Maybe instead of announcing that you're ignoring me, and then NOT ignoring me ... why not just ... ignore me?

And for the record, this group was full of bitching and fighting long before I started posting. Jewels has been abusing newbies and harassing other posters since day one of this thread. (How do I know that? Because I read this entire thread. Why? Because that's what Jewels tells newbies to do when she beats up on them, so they don't ask the same questions over again. I'm just following her "advice.")

Jewels is just pissed off because there is someone who won't kiss her ass or run away after she bullies them. Whatever, that's her deal. I'm not here to have battle royales about ego all day. But if you keep baiting me, Christina ... well, you can't expect me to just sit and take your shit.

You're the one who started this whole fight, Christina. I guess it makes sense that you would keep on stirring the shit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jun 29 2007, 08:24 AM
Post #3099

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jun 29 2007, 05:37 AM) *
Hey everyone, if you go under Lori's name, click on her profile, you can selet to ignore her...it WORKS!! I can't see any of her posts which is fine with me....So...for those who are tired of her....hit ignore...and we can get back to being a support group, rather then a bitch fest... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 29 2007, 03:39 AM
Post #3100

Hardcore BUSTie

smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 153 154 155 156 157 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 17, 2014 - 11:29 PM