The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

32 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What bands are you currently listening to? What excites you?
culturehandy
post May 24 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #401

(o)(o)

I've been on a Gorilla'z binge lately, same with FatBoy Slim.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
waves_of_splendo...
post May 23 2007, 10:34 AM
Post #402

BUSTie

Cary Brothers just came and played at my school yesterday...he's got a full-length album coming out next week, so he played some new songs, plus "Blue Eyes" (sigh) and "Ride."

Anyway, not only am I eagerly anticipating Tuesday, but I ran home and listened to all the stuff of his I already had. He's so good. Somehow his lyrics and his music blend into this seamless feeling...I don't think I'm explaining it very well, but I couldn't say whether the lyrics or music are better, because they are a single entity when I listen to him.

Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins' Rabbit Fur Coat has been finding its way into my CD player at work a lot lately. So subtly wise. Love Jenny Lewis!

--------------------
My idea of feminism is self-determination, and it's very open-ended: every woman has the right to become herself, and do whatever she needs to do --Ani Difranco

+Quote Post
dolor
post May 17 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #403

Hardcore BUSTie

... listening to two albums by Cristina Branco: Senso and Ulyses. In the Fado tradition.
Lovely voice and fantastic Portuguese guitar. Very romantic,
if that's your poison.

--------------------
mostly to all over

+Quote Post
nickclick
post May 17 2007, 07:28 AM
Post #404

Hardcore BUSTie

my bf left an ani difranco CD in my car, i don't remember which one, something recent (bytheway, i love that he loves ani and the like). i dunno. i never got into her. i like her personally and professionally, love her lyrics and subject matter, but it's so.... ehhhh..... the music i guess. and her voice is usually annoying. get that rubber band outta your throat, ani!

+Quote Post
knorl05
post May 12 2007, 01:01 AM
Post #405

Hardcore BUSTie

yes klaxons for sure. just saw !!! tonight.. great show.

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
troubadours
post May 11 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #406

right now, it's all about uffie, klaxons, new young pony club, cold war kids, charlotte gainsbourg, and coconut records

+Quote Post
DaisyJane
post May 11 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #407

BUSTie

Vincent Black Shadow. I went to see them by chance at club Tangerine in Vegas and LOVE them. Kind of a darker/harder No Doubt soud from the 90s.

+Quote Post
oxfordassassin
post May 11 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #408

QUOTE(hazystargazer @ May 11 2007, 01:59 AM) *
Has anyone listened to Tori Amos' new album American Doll Posse? I really love it...

I love American Doll Posse. It never fails that one of her new albums energizes me and I start to listen to all of her older albums all over again and fall in love.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post May 11 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #409

brown delicious

oh zoya, i adore bleach. love buzz is such a great song! *swoon*

mornington, if you really like wilco, then i think you will like bobby bare jr. you should listen to him. wilco is great.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
nickclick
post May 11 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #410

Hardcore BUSTie

yes, i like most of it. i was a little scared because i didn't like 'the beekeeper' so much when it came out, and haven't listened to it much since. but now both are in my car and i'm into them both.

i wish tori would lay off the drum machine, though. and believe me, i love the rockn'roll. and yes, especially nirvana's 'bleach.'

what does feist sound like? i've heard the name but...

+Quote Post
hazystargazer
post May 10 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #411

BUSTie

Has anyone listened to Tori Amos' new album American Doll Posse? I really love it...

+Quote Post
zoya
post May 10 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #412

uh huh.

Lately I cannot stop listening to Nirvana's first album, "Bleach." I know I'm way dating myself here, but I remember seeing them right when it was first released and they were amazing. To this day, it's my favorite Nirvana album and listening to it just brings me right back there. For some reason, though, I just cannot stop listening to it lately. It still completely holds up.

+Quote Post
i_am_jan
post May 7 2007, 09:22 AM
Post #413

Hardcore BUSTie

Yes, Painkillers is an AMAZING album and Babes in Toyland one of the best bands of all time, in my opinion as far as originality!! Kat's voice blows me away!! I recently began selling most of my CD collection on Amazon.com because I have simply uploaded all CDs onto the external storage drive for my computer. But I kept all of my Babes CDs. I would recommend you check out NEMESISTERS, their final album, as well as their other 2 albums, Spanking Machine being the first and Fontanelle next. Fontanelle is the album you hear live on Painkillers of course. Enjoy ; )~

+Quote Post
mouse
post May 6 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #414

Most Likely Procrastinating

oh, mornington, i'm so glad you fell in love with them!

designermedusa, the living sisters don't have an album but the show i went to was recorded and is supposed to be available through spaceland recordings soon.

here is lavender diamond's site; if you get a chance to see them live do it--their live shows are so super joyous and beautiful. becky stark is the kind of performer who is so awesome that you would hate her for jealousy if she weren't so utterly earnest and nerdy.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
mornington
post May 6 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #415

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

mouse... damn you *shakes fist* I'm swooning. I loooove lavender diamond. I saw them play a few months back, supporting the decemberists, and no-one knew who they were, except for me, getting all worked up once I realised who they were (they weren't on the bill, until you got there)

For know particular reason... Jonathan Rice, Wilco and Le Tigre. And I must find Feist's album, as I have a new track.

I'm going to see if I can get tickets to see Of Montreal at the end of the month. That one is entirely F's fault (although mouse helped there...)

+Quote Post
designermedusa
post May 6 2007, 06:04 AM
Post #416

Hardcore BUSTie

mouse, do the living sisters have an album? I saw they were perfoming in Cali, and I adore Eleni and Inara George. Eleni only annoys me because she never plays any Florida tour dates for her solo stuff. I have to check out Lavender Diamond as I've never heard of them.

I got the new Feist cd, and have been listening to that. Also been listening to lady sov because I'm seeing her on Tuesday.

+Quote Post
dirtyfrenchnovel
post May 6 2007, 04:50 AM
Post #417

BUSTie

QUOTE(nickclick @ May 1 2007, 09:34 AM) *
picked up a used babes in toyland - painkillers. i'm surprised i never got into them earlier. found it in the "punk" section after i moved a gossip CD from there from the "rock" section, and moved a hole CD outta punk and back into rock.

painkillers is an amazing album. i love all the bands you have mentioned....lately, i have been listening to lots of oldies..Ronettes, Bobby Fuller Four, Dusty Springfield, Aretha Franklin, also..yeah..i'm jumping on the Amy Winehouse bandwagon..pretty good stuff...

+Quote Post
MaybeSparrow
post May 4 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #418

Hardcore BUSTie

Feist makes me feel really relaxed, and kind of feminine if that makes any sense.

--------------------
"Acquiring knowledge is like biting into a cheese that gets bigger with every bite" --Henry Miller

+Quote Post
mouse
post May 4 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #419

Most Likely Procrastinating

finally got to see the living sisters perform.....eleni mandell, inara george (bird and the bee), and becky stark (lavender diamond) wearing matching glittered dresses and fake doves in their hair. if you know any of those women's other music, you know how amazing the combination would be (mornington, you would have swooned!). on that same note, lavender diamond's first full length is coming out on matador in a couple of days and i can't recommend them enough. they are AMAZING.

i saw elf power last night; i still love them! they are a little more psychedelic/rocknroll now and less playful but i still love them so much. and my coworker got me into this band called sunset rubdown which is a project by this guy who is also in swan lake, wolf parade, and frog eyes (damn, the man is busy), and i've really been loving them too.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
come on eileen
post May 4 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #420

BUSTie

The Only Children for sure!

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 27, 2014 - 09:42 AM