The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions & Comments about the Magazine
Petula
post Sep 6 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #81

I still haven't received my August issue.
I've called called three times to try to solve the problem. The most recent phone call got me the assurance that it would arrive by today at the latest. Guess what - no magazine! At this point I really don't know what to do.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
girlbomb
post Sep 6 2006, 02:58 PM
Post #82

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh my god, I just got my issue in the mail today, and the interview with Amy Poehler is the GREATEST THING EVER. Damn!

+Quote Post
emilystrange
post Aug 31 2006, 11:06 AM
Post #83

BUSTie

Our Auto Repair Lady's name is Lucille Treganowan, and she totally rules. Sadly, however, she has decided to take a break from her "Love Lucille" column for a while. If you're jonesin' for her though, you can check out her book! here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Lucilles-Car-Care-Ev...7711100?ie=UTF8

+Quote Post
luleey
post Aug 28 2006, 08:40 AM
Post #84

Hardcore BUSTie

totally drawing a blank here...what's the name of the woman who writes bust's auto repair column?? thanks a lot smile.gif

+Quote Post
snafooey
post Aug 6 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #85

I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom

Can anyone tell me how much a page of adspace in Bust typically costs? Thanks!

+Quote Post
midgemcgrath
post Aug 6 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #86

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(polka dot parties @ Jul 18 2006, 07:53 PM) *

I have a question about where you can buy copies of Bust in the Toronto area. I am always scouting for it and never find it. Could you inform me of any specific retailers?

Thanks so much!

hey--

the only place i ever see bust in vancouver is at chapters, so you might want to check there!

ps. citydog--nope, it was the previous one, i haven't even cracked the new issue, but that sucks that there's another ad... bah.

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Aug 4 2006, 06:42 PM
Post #87

the moistiest

hey yeah, i just realized i haven't received my issue yet either! what to do??

+Quote Post
mermaidgirl13
post Aug 1 2006, 10:14 AM
Post #88

Hardcore BUSTie

I normally get my magazine before it's available on newsstands but I haven't received it yet!

Any ideas why that might be or who I can contact?

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Aug 1 2006, 06:55 AM
Post #89

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

deleted cos wrong thread!

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Jul 31 2006, 01:28 PM
Post #90

Hardcore BUSTie

*ponders how there should be a thumbs up smiley*

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jul 31 2006, 01:26 PM
Post #91

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

what can I say... except when I get to five hundred posts "gobby know it all" will be my new title.

If I adventure down tomorrow, I'll pm you if they have them in here.

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Jul 31 2006, 01:21 PM
Post #92

Hardcore BUSTie

What was I thinking. I should have just PM'd you. You have all the answers =)

I'm thinking it might only be in London I'd be able to get it because I've tried Oxford, York, and other Borders but no cheese.

Ah well, the search continues.

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jul 31 2006, 01:00 PM
Post #93

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

Borders can be a bit slooooooow. But as far as I know, it's the only big place that stocks it.

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Jul 31 2006, 12:45 PM
Post #94

Hardcore BUSTie

Does anyone know where I can buy Bust in the UK? I always check in Borders if I pass one and other big magazine places but I have had no luck.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jul 26 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #95

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Yeah, I was disappointed by the Camel ad, too. I know money is money, but that's just evil. Couldn't they get more vibrator ads and encourage death by orgasm? Much more pleasant than emphysema, lung cancer, etc.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
citydog
post Jul 26 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #96

QUOTE(midgemcgrath @ May 31 2006, 03:01 AM) *

i don't know if anyone actually reads this, but i just wanted to say for the record how utterly disheartened and disappointed i am that there is a cigarette ad on pg. 2 of the most recent issue. <BR> <BR>i thought bust was better than that.

Me too.

In fact, I *just* got an email looking for my subscription renewal, and I'm a little reluctant. Is this effin' ad the beginning of the end of the Bust I know and love?

This can't be the beginning of anything good. What'll we find in upcoming issues? Ads for Hummers, diet pills, BoTox, plastic surgeons specializing in vagina tightenings ("for your man's pleasure!") and labia reduction, Operation Rescue, and the Cheney '08 campaign? The books and music reviewed will be what and how the ad sponsors suggest?

I'm really disappointed, and really disheartened. It's a slippery slope, Bust.

Actually, I didn't notice the page 2 ad issue (the Karen O cover one?). I was writing regarding the Camel ad on page 42 of the fashion issue. Or is that the one to which you were referring?

+Quote Post
dusty
post Jul 24 2006, 09:13 AM
Post #97

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(dusty @ Jul 18 2006, 05:17 PM) *

Book City, definitely, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it at the Indigo on Bay Street south of Bloor.

BTW, that wasn't you, was it, I saw at the outdoor art show with the Bust t-shirt and the Curry's bag?

Other places to get Bust: Pages at Queen and John, and even Sam the Record Man on Yonge north of Dundas, although I can't believe that they can maintain that huge magazine section for too long.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jul 24 2006, 06:52 AM
Post #98

(o)(o)

I was wondering the same thing aboutt he mag. I mean normally the main page at bust is updated to let us know whats in the mag for this issue, but nada. But it is reassuring to know that someone has recieved the new issue. I'll have to see if any of the stores here have it yet.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jul 23 2006, 12:38 PM
Post #99

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I got my new issue earlier this week (like Monday or Tuesday)...so if you have asubscription you probably should have gotten it, and if you don't have one, it's probably on store shelves by now.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
thereshegoes
post Jul 23 2006, 10:44 AM
Post #100

BUSTie

btw, when does the new issue come out? has anyone seen it? i feel like i've had the karen o one too long. . .

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 31, 2014 - 02:56 AM