The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dreams - why did I dream of so and so...naked?
girltrouble
post Jun 18 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #61

new highs in personal lows daily!

ok, smart ass. dry.gif

that's what i get for asking a bustie a smart ass question...

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Jun 18 2009, 05:13 PM
Post #62

the moistiest

Q:
uh. ok. that'll work. what am i doing here if you already know?

A:
i've always thought the way people interpret dreams says more about the interpreter than the dreamer

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jun 18 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #63

oh yeah? so what does my interpretation say about me, hector projector?
that you are smart as a whip? i was more talking about me. i was writing about cat lady's dream and i was thinking...uh, no. that's how you feel, missy. so i was pointing my fingers at me. the only thoughts i ever have about you, star, btw, are of kittens, puppies, (very cute ones, mind you) and moonbeams.

maybe the groom is Tums, and i needed to get some out of the bath(room).

uh. ok. that'll work. what am i doing here if you already know?

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Jun 18 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #64

the moistiest

Arranged marriages can represent not wanting to enter a union or relationship where there is no mutuality or balance. Wanting to be heard and have a voice in your relationship, not losing your identity... Your ability to reconcile both of these aspects in yourself. Struggling to be yourself and be socially acceptable.

always. but this is probably a universal theme. i don't think i'm the first one to come along that has a life that dictates one behavior when you just really want to run the streets bucknaked with flowers in her hair.

alternate theory:
you are reliving your dinner. you thought it might be nice to eat [insert meal] so you ate it (wedding), but at the reception (your stomach) you are having a bit of trouble with your stomach acid (girls) disagreeing with you (stains).

lol! i omitted the fact that in the dream the groom got trashed and i had to take care of him/take him back to the room. maybe the groom is Tums, and i needed to get some out of the bath(room).

i think a lot of my dreams are locked up into what i was looking at/thinking about right before i go to bed. when i was on vacation, i was reading neil gaiman's american gods each night, and each night i had these really weird, ethereal dreams that were structured not unlike his writing style. in the dream case #2, i had just been looking at pics of my guy friend on facebook, and was thinking about fact that he was pissed that i didn't contact him when i was in town.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jun 18 2009, 03:34 PM
Post #65

brown delicious

QUOTE(girltrouble @ Jun 18 2009, 03:20 PM) *
i've always thought the way people interpret dreams says more about the interpreter than the dreamer:

oh yeah? so what does my interpretation say about me, hector projector? wink.gif

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jun 18 2009, 03:20 PM
Post #66

i don't really remember my dreams so, i like analizing [sic] other people's dreams. more often than not, i'm not completely serious about it, so i am being at least slightly if not entirely tongue in cheek, and i've always thought the way people interpret dreams says more about the interpreter than the dreamer:
2. last night: reluctantly got married to a guy friend [who IRL is rabidly in love with me (to which he is unrequited--long story)], me thinking, "well, if he loves me this much, i should go with it b/c he's a good guy." the reception then involved my wedding dress being ripped/having things spilled/staining it by a group of young girl guests.

i think basically this is an adulthood dream. you're thinking, hey, this adult thing, responsibility, it's not so bad, so why not? but now that you are an adult, you are finding that that "commitment" ain't all it's crack'd up to be. that's why the symbol of that new identity is being torn apart/stained by a bunch of girls. they represent that childhood side of you, wanting you to ignore your responsibilities.

alternate theory:
you are reliving your dinner. you thought it might be nice to eat [insert meal] so you ate it (wedding), but at the reception (your stomach) you are having a bit of trouble with your stomach acid (girls) disagreeing with you (stains).

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jun 18 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #67

brown delicious

QUOTE(crazyoldcatlady @ Jun 17 2009, 04:31 PM) *
1. a month ago: i had a dream that i was going to have to enter into an arranged marriage, to which i was vehemently opposed, and i had to struggle with calling it off last minute causing major waves, or doing the "socially acceptable thing" and going through with it.

Well, you can play around with the meanings of dreams. You might not find the definition in a dream dictionary. I always like to look at both sides of any situation, particularly dreams. I think there is the obvious interpretation and then there is the hidden meanings. It is good to play around with both meanings to see what relevance they have with your current life, any current issues you are dealing with.

Arranged marriages can represent not wanting to enter a union or relationship where there is no mutuality or balance. Wanting to be heard and have a voice in your relationship, not losing your identity. Along the lines of identity, your dreams could represent some unconscious, emotional issues you are dealing with intrapersonally. Wanting to create a balance of yourself. Feeling you are being true to yourself, expressing both masculine and feminine aspects of yourself. Your ability to reconcile both of these aspects in yourself. Struggling to be yourself and be socially acceptable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Jun 17 2009, 06:22 PM
Post #68

the moistiest

i actually did look at that site... i can't find anything mostly on "arranged marriage", of which i've had several dreams, including the one below. my best guess is either fear of commitment or coercion into something i don't want to do IRL (which is pretty much everything, 'cos i'm a stubborn ass)

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jun 17 2009, 05:16 PM
Post #69

brown delicious

According to dreammoods.com:

Wedding

To see a wedding in your dream, symbolizes a new beginning or transition in your current life. They reflect your issues about commitment and independence. Alternatively, your wedding dream refers to feelings of bitterness, sorrow, or death. Such dreams are often negative and highlight some anxiety or fear. If you dream that the wedding goes wrong or ends in disaster, then it suggests that there is more negativity that needs to be dealt with.

To dream that you are getting married to your current spouse again, represents your wedded bliss and happiness. It highlights your strong commitment to each other. It may also signify a new phase (such as parenthood) that you are entering in your life.

To dream that you are planning your own wedding to someone you never met, is a metaphor symbolizing the union of your masculine and feminine side. It represents a transitional phase where you are seeking some sort of balance between your aggressive side and emotional side. Two previously conflicting aspects are merging together as one.

If you are getting married and have dreams of your pending wedding, then it highlights the stress of organizing a wedding. Conflicts over wedding details, tension with family and in-laws, fear of commitment, and loss of independence may all cause wedding anxiety dreams. Research has shown that up to 40% of brides and grooms have dreams about their ceremony and things going perfectly.

I also looked up marriage:

Marriage

To see a marriage in your dream, signifies commitment, harmony or transitional period. You are undergoing an important developmental phase in your life. The dream may also represent the unification of formerly separate or opposite aspects of yourself. In particular, it is the union of masculine or feminine aspects of yourself. Consider the qualities and characteristics of the person that you are marrying. These are the qualities that you need to look at incorporating within yourself.

To dream of a proposal of marriage, suggests that some situation will take a turn for the worse.

To dream that you are getting married to your ex, suggests that you have accepted aspects of that relationship and learned from those past mistakes. Alternatively, it means that a current relationship shares some commonality with your previous relationship with your ex. However, you will not make those same mistakes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Jun 17 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #70

the moistiest

i've been having wedding-related dreams lately. they're never quite right, either.

1. a month ago: i had a dream that i was going to have to enter into an arranged marriage, to which i was vehemently opposed, and i had to struggle with calling it off last minute causing major waves, or doing the "socially acceptable thing" and going through with it.

2. last night: reluctantly got married to a guy friend [who IRL is rabidly in love with me (to which he is unrequited--long story)], me thinking, "well, if he loves me this much, i should go with it b/c he's a good guy." the reception then involved my wedding dress being ripped/having things spilled/staining it by a group of young girl guests.

RIFE with symbolism. anyone have an outside take?

yesterday... THREE TIMES IN ONE NIGHT there were voices.
twice children calling my name, then once it was a male voice. I didn't recognize them at all.
but they were Happy.

i don't know what this means, but it sounds sort of "unsolved mysteries" creepy.

+Quote Post
jami
post Jun 11 2009, 01:49 AM
Post #71

Hardcore BUSTie

remember Kermit and the Muppets and "the rainbow connection"???
~~have you been half asleep, and have you heard voices? I've heard them calling my name~~

so what does this mean??? I've heard voices calling my name since I was little. usually I hear my mom or dad calling me - like to get up or to do chores or whatever.
mostly the voices are strong ones - like - get up NOW. warning

yesterday... THREE TIMES IN ONE NIGHT there were voices.
twice children calling my name, then once it was a male voice. I didn't recognize them at all.
but they were Happy.

don't understand it.

--------------------
You will travel through the valley of rejection.
You will reside in the land of morning mists.
And you will find your home.
Though it will not be to where you left it.

+Quote Post
treehugger
post May 27 2009, 04:11 AM
Post #72

cryostat bitch

I had horrible dreams the night before last. I dreamt that I was being woken up!! I have to clarify something...I'm severely hearing impaired and am for all practical purposes, totally deaf at night without hearing aides.

I also think it wasn't helping because I was having an RLS episode too. It's "restless legs syndrome" and it feels like a compulsion to move your legs...like they move without your control. When I get it, about every five minutes or so my legs go like I'm pedaling a bicycle.

So, anyway, I dreamt that Mom was shaking me, hard in bed..I woke up and she had a frantic look on her face and was pointing at the living room...I ran out there to be confronted by a huge black entity that seemed like a demon. I woke up drenched in sweat and screaming. After that I kept feeling something tapping me on the shoulder or shaking my hip and waking up to see the demon standing over me!!!! I soaked the sheets with sweat that night. This happened at least SIX times!

I hate those kind because they seem so real. I eventually convinced myself that there really WAS a demon tormenting me so I got up and went to my shrine and lit candles and incense and meditated, holding my totem stones. Yikes, hope I never have another night like that!!!

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
Christine Nectar...
post May 26 2009, 08:44 AM
Post #73

Hardcore BUSTie

I had a dream the other night about bestfriends father who died a couple months ago. It was really nice in the dream, because he just faded away peacefully, whereas in real life he had suffered with cancer for many years, and was in pain and looking like a very sickly version of himself when he died. I woke up with a start, feeling that I had to let her know I just saw her dad, and that he was peaceful.

I’m trying to decide now if I should tell her about the dream or not. I don’t know if it will be nice for her to hear, or upsetting. Hmmmm.

+Quote Post
foryoursplendor
post May 25 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #74

Hardcore BUSTie

I've had dreams where I was pregnant, but they weren't nice at all. They were full on nightmares. It was a huge relief to wake up and know that I wasn't pregnant.

+Quote Post
jsmith
post May 4 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #75

It's Calamity Jenn

I don't like kids, but I've dreamt a couple of times that I was pregnant, and was happy. I wanted the kid to be born already, couldn't wait for her/his arrival. Though, in the dreams I came to be pregnant spontaneously.

The other night I dreamt that my cousins had conned me into going to church with them. This guy I hate and his new gf showed up, too, and I deliberately sat across the room from them. During a break, I wandered over to a gift shop of sorts with this girl who regularly attended the church. I loitered there for a bit too long. The service had started back up, so I traipsed on out of there.

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
musicfit
post May 4 2009, 12:37 AM
Post #76

Nope, not pregnant. Just got my period this morning. But I have a strong desire to become pregnant, since at age 33 I am getting close to a time when it will be difficult to get pregnant...i.e., my clock is ticking. Also, lots of possible changes in the works...my husband applied for a full-time teaching position in Minnesota (13 hours away from good friends and in the middle of nowhere) or if he doesn't get the job, staying here with little job security and riding out the scary economy for another year. So the birth dreams could have also meant change. The vampires (along with the fact that I have been watching way too much Angel lately) probably symbolize my own insecurities and crappy job that are like vampires...sucking my life away. The pregnancy dream where I could feel the baby kicking was SO vivid.

+Quote Post
Christine Nectar...
post Apr 29 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #77

Hardcore BUSTie

weird dreams musicfit - are you actually pregnant? i had all kinds of strage baby-themed dreams when i was. i've also heard that dreams about giving birth can represent elements of you past lives. i've had several of those too.

i had this really disturbing dream once that i was giving birth to my daughter out of my side, while i was standing in a bedroom. someone came in the door, and she started going back inside me, and i knew i had lost her, and couldn't tell anyone about it. i woke up really sad from that one. why are baby dreams so disturbing?

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Apr 27 2009, 01:19 PM
Post #78

Last night I had 2 of the most vivid dreams I have had in awhile...and parts were pretty disturbing.

In the first dream, Angeles and Spike(evil Spike) from Buffy had talked me into helping them kill some people. I think they threatened my life or something. Anyway, I would make this magnet-like mechanism and put it on the bodies of the living people as they cut them with a scalpel, eventually killing them. It happened 3 times, I would feverishly prepare the magnet mechanism, afraid of what would happen if I failed in preparing it...and they would come to get me, take me to the person's home, and kill them in the same way. The 4th time I was to go, I didn't want to...I didn't want to be responsible for anymore deaths. I got the making of the magnet incorrect and was terrified that Angeles would come and kill me for it. They came into the room and I was rescued at the last minute (don't remember who it was who rescued me). But I ended up in a house with a bunch of college-age guys in it. A blond guy with curly longish hair passed by and said hi. Then I touched my belly and realized I was pregnant. The child gestated very quickly. I also intuitively knew that my husband had sex with the blond guy so he could be a surrogate for my husband's sperm (made perfect sense in the dream) then I started freaking out because that means my hubby had un-protected sex. The guy was coughing and not feeling well...clearly he had AIDS and so my husband had it too! I quickly stopped panicking, however, because I began to feel my child kicking (I felt it with my hand) then my husband woke me up.

After driving my husband to work, I went back to sleep and this time I dreamed I had the babies but could not find them. In the earlier part of the dream, I was dodging this car that was driving all over the place (on one side of the woods, then clear over to where I was, then back. I was convinced that I was going to get hit and killed. Luckily, he disappeared. I went to a neighbor's house in a bad neighborhood to do my laundry. I did my laundry and then went back into my own basement to do the rest of the laundry. It was then that I realized I had 2 babies that were missing. They were not twins, but born at the same time. I was searching frantically for them and I was also searching frantically for my laundry. I was looking all over for them and was afraid that one of them had ended up in a laundry basket after I had visited the neighbor's house next door in a bad neighborhood in order to do my laundry. I finally found them and was so happy and decided to breast feed them since I hadn't breastfed them yet. My breasts were not producing milk, but I figured it was because I hadn't started to feed them yet. I picked both of them up to feed them and realized they might be too old to breast feed. I realized mornfully that I had missed seeing them as newborns because I had lost them for so long. Then I picked them both up to breast feed them and realized they were actually cats. I tried to breast feed them anyway, but they squirmed away (I was pretty relieved though, because I was thinking about how you really aren't supposed to breast feed anything with teeth) then I woke up to my husband calling me on my cell phone.

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Apr 26 2009, 11:20 PM
Post #79

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

A few nights ago I had a dream about the book House of Leaves. Basically the house was in my hometown, they'd tore it down and built a park over it, but everyone was too scared to go there. The odd part about this is I've never read the book before the dream. I just started it and it was because of this, so maybe my subconscious is getting me to work on my reading list. laugh.gif

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Apr 26 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #80

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay, so this was weird. A few nights ago I had a dream that I cheated on my boyfriend with my best guy friend. But it was almost like he kind of forced me. I don't know who here has seen that awful movie Unfaithful but it was like the first time that the wife cheats, it's like she's really being forced but some small part of her wants it. Such a weird dream.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 26, 2014 - 12:32 AM