Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

294 Pages V  « < 225 226 227 228 229 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
chachaheels
post Oct 23 2006, 04:00 AM
Post #4521

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh ((((((Erinjane)))))). It is never too late to talk about what you need to express, in fact it's absolutely necessary for you to do this, especially if being silent about it only compounds sadness.

Wombat! I've missed you, girly. I will pull out all my teeth with a corkscrew before I ever think about North America or even the USA being "Jerry Falwell's country". Sheesh.

Have you ever read that book Reading Lolita in Tehran? Amazing look at women (and their families) forced to live in a theocracy. Like an autobiographical version of The Handmaid's Tale, which I believe is the North American woman's (fictionalized, but, really, only for show) account of living in a theocracy we don't want to admit exists.

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Oct 22 2006, 07:58 PM
Post #4522

Hardcore BUSTie

why do we apologize for feeling bad? i know i've done it, i know i've felt like a burden when i really needed to talk about stuff. is it because society tells us that it's not ok to feel upset?

erinjane: dont apologize, we are all human, we all have emotions... some people just experience more extreme circumstances that have a lasting affect on their overall well being. it helps to be in touch with how you feel- putting it off because you dont want to burden others with your concerns, only prolongs the pain. i'm sorry some of your friends can have a tendency of not being supportive. i know how isolating that must feel. i'm sure you know you've got love here whenever you need to vent, so dont feel bad about it. smile.gif

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
anna k
post Oct 22 2006, 09:48 AM
Post #4523

Hardcore BUSTie

I love that a friend of mine physically compared me to Angelina Jolie and Rosario Dawson, meaning that I'm thin all over but have big boobs. It's shallow, but I liked hearing it.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Oct 21 2006, 06:56 AM
Post #4524

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

((bunny, too)) Sorry she's sick. My grandma's 82, I think.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Oct 21 2006, 05:10 AM
Post #4525

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

my nana is quite ill just now and I feel bad cos she's in Ireland and I don't visit (until 2 years ago she lived literally around the corner and I saw her practically every day). She's visiting here in a couple of weeks though. I've spoken to her on the phone but at her instigation whereas my ten year old sister speaks to her everyday. I feel that we can't connect either, I don't know what to talk about but I feel guilty. I received a congratulations card in the post from her this morning for obtaining my master's degree which was very sweet of her. I need to make more of an effort, she's 72 y/o and I know that she won't be around much longer.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Oct 20 2006, 09:46 PM
Post #4526

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

((erinjane))

I have a hard time with my grandma, too- she's still alive, but she's lived 600 miles away my whole life. I used to see her 1-2 x a year when I was a kid and we'd take vacations down there, but since I got older, had real jobs etc., I only see her every couple of years when I can take time off to go down there. I'm much closer to my dad's family, especially his parents, who all live around here. But I hear how much my cousin, who lives even farther away from her than I do, calls her, like weekly, just to talk....I feel like I wouldn't know what to talk to her about on the phone, so I just don't call. Today's her birthday. She sends me a card every year, always has, and I haven't sent one to her since I was little (I do send Xmas cards, and I did send her a Mother's Day card this year, though.) I wasn't even sure what day her birthday was....guilt, guilt, guilt....I was going to ask my mom earlier this month, then didn't, got sucked up in work, and I found out it's today. I feel so bad. I'm going to send her a belated card though. She's a nice lady and I get along with her in person, but I just can't make a connection with her via phone or whatever. Anyway, I told my mom to tell her I said Happy Birthday when she talks to her. unsure.gif I know she understands and knows that I love her, but I feel guilty....I'll send her some pictures of the mountains here in Utah (where I'm on a business trip) and she'll understand why my card was belated....my excuse for the last 15 years of birthdays???? Um.....

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Oct 20 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #4527

Hardcore BUSTie

I would never put my parents in a home or ask anyone to put me in one. I watched my grandma waste away for 6 years until she died in August and it broke my heart every time I go to visit her.

Confession:
1. Everytime I walk by the centre my grandma lived at (which is everyday) i either cry or almost cry thinking of how I should have visited her more. I miss her so much and for some reason it's really been on my mind this week. I want to hold her and tell her I love her again. I still can't believe she's really gone.

2. I don't tell my friends how depressed I actually am because I think they'll think that I'm making a big deal out of nothing. In august when my grandma was dying, my sisterinlaw was drinking again and i was having a horrible time dealing with my rape my best friend and I got in a fight and she told me that i had to stop "over-dramatizing" everything. I will never forgive her for saying that to me at a time in my life where I truly felt alone and severely depressed. That is the main reason I don't want to tell anyone how I'm feeling right now. I haven't been able to talk about my problems earnestly since I was raped three years ago and I feel like it's too late now.

(Sorry, this was more of a downer post than intended. It's been a downer week though.)

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
pepper
post Oct 20 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #4528

oh freckle, i hear you girl. i'll take the home at the end if i'm incapable of caring for myself and too much of a bother but dang it all, i ain't taking no pills man. prolong my life for what? and it all gets peed out into the water table so kids can drink it and grow tumours. at that point, just put me out of my mysery already...

+Quote Post
wombat
post Oct 20 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #4529

Dragon Velocity

Chacha! Once again I adore you.

Because, if it weren't for the arabs, we would not have mathematics and medicine today.

They kept it going when Europe was so medieval and christianity disdained medicine in particular.

And in the year 1000, Europe wasn't even using the numerals we use today.

I have met many middle-eastern, muslim people that are very feminist, progressive and modern, many female professionals, engineers and the like, who unfortunately had to flee their homeland because of fundamentalists, and even the men can be progressive on all issues including women's issues, counter to stereotype.

We wouldn't want to all be seen as being exactly the same as Jimmy Falwell, just because we look like him and come from HIS country!

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
freckleface2727
post Oct 20 2006, 01:26 PM
Post #4530

Hardcore BUSTie

I Confess:

that I am seriously thinking about sending this article http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/el...990004?cid=2194 to my mother in law bc I am so damn MAD that they still let the mr's grandmother drive a car. (she & I just had this talk 2 days ago)
she was a Horrible driver when I first met the family a decade and a half ago, and now can no longer see or hear well. I don't give a damn if she hurts or kills herself, it's that she'd take others out with her.
stupid fucking selfish jerks. don't want to be more inconvienced by her.

I confess:
as callous as it sounds and gosh knows I will probably feel differently later on, but I've long told my frecklette that when I am old like that, and unproductive or useful to society, to put me in a Home.
it doesn't have to be fancy, just one that keeps me clean and fed, and then go on and live her own life.
it's such a waste, a Selfish waste to me, to use the last decades of your life sitting around doing nothing but feeling sorry for yourself and making others feel guilty. for that she ought to just go ahead and, I'm going to say it so don't be shocked, die.

confession: I'm not sorry for saying that bc it's how I honestly feel.

--------------------
I am a *spark* in this world; get lit.

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Oct 20 2006, 05:00 AM
Post #4531

Hardcore BUSTie

I know what you mean, Freckle...and I used to think Oriana F. was like a beacon, just because she was committed to finding out what she wanted to know despite all obstacles. But that last book she wrote: well, on my last post, I said she came off sounding like a tyrant, but originally I wrote she came off looking a lot like Hitler. Her last book did read a little bit like a xenophobic tirade against Muslims and all people who call themselves Arab. Ah, Italian racism at its best; particularly when part of my own Italian ancestry was heavily influenced by Arab culture and it truly pisses me off when people who share it vociferously deny that fact, like it's something to be ashamed of.

So, yeah, I get what she says about "objectivity" and using your own senses to know truth, but if you can actually expand what you experience with empathy so you can view the world from someone else's perspective, well, that's just so much more that the limited amount you can contain within the range of your own skin.

I confess it bugs me that this is how she ended her life's work. I try to keep in mind that she was suffering from cancer at the time of her death, and that disease does do a number on your intellect and emotions, that's for sure.

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Oct 20 2006, 04:59 AM
Post #4532

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

I think I'm ready to share my dishonest thing from earlier in the week:

I bought my friend a book journal for Christmas; it came with a really cute bookmark that I wanted and I thought "well if I took it out before giving it to her, she would be none the wiser" but couldn't do that to her so instead, I slipped another book mark into the journal before buying it ohmy.gif . I'm going to burn in hell, aren't I? I'm a bad, bad person, even a gasp shoplifter.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
dani837
post Oct 19 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #4533

Hardcore BUSTie

I confess:
I'm SO READY to tell my dad aobut how much of a slut my (newly) pregnant sister is, but I'm holding myself back from getting into a fight with him cause my bday is on monday and I want to receive a gift from him tongue.gif
But after that he's gonna get the whoooooole deal mad.gif

+Quote Post
freckleface2727
post Oct 19 2006, 08:26 PM
Post #4534

Hardcore BUSTie

I confess:

I still don't really have any more of an idea who Oriana Fallaci was and keep thinking I should change my tag line so I'm not a hypocrit, but it's just so damn much me I can't quite make myself do it.

I confess:
I sent my sister a pretty caustic email this afternoon, telling her I'd be glad to do a favor for her, but on the condition she never again critisize my & our choice of lifestyle in the military as she's been so vehemently & occassionally unpleasantly outspoken against it. 14 years is enough of her spew against something we embrace. I was a little harsher than maybe I needed to be, and in that sense am a touch regretful, but secretly, really, not so much.
I confess I am trully sick and tired of being "the nice one" between she & I.

I especially confess that while I don't ever smoke/am not a smoker, I still keep a few ancient packs stashed away and have the urge right now, even tho I'm not stressed for a change, to take one out & puff a little just to let the ash burn and hang off so I can tap it off. and I'd so totally smoke pot if I had access to it, altho, probably not if it were still illegal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Oct 19 2006, 03:42 PM
Post #4535

Hardcore BUSTie

I confess:

I've done not enough today

Monogamy IS overrated--so is marriage, but it's often pretty good anyway

I love writing in exactly the same way Girlbomb loves writing (complete with the hatred of writing) and wish I could do it for a living far more often

I think Oriana Fallaci was very curious and fearless intellectually, but ultimately too biased to nurture that curiousity and intellect so I think that she came off looking tyrannical in the end

I'm afraid I'll never figure out what to be when I grow up and I'm approaching senility already (I've already started to lose my nouns); or, alternately, that my head is spinning because I'm doing a bunch of what amounts to what I feel is nothing

And, even though I want to see marijuana legalized and available wherever it needs to be I still know it's a dangerous substance after all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
treelizard
post Oct 19 2006, 02:07 PM
Post #4536

BUSTie

A friend told me she was moving to town and the first thing I thought was how now I'd have even more competition. dry.gif

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Oct 19 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #4537

Hardcore BUSTie

"I am terrified of committing and making another mistake and changing my mind."

oh freckleface i totally feel your pain.

my secret: i've held myself back in life because enough people/messages/images have told me there's something wrong with me that i've believed them.

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
freckleface2727
post Oct 19 2006, 05:31 AM
Post #4538

Hardcore BUSTie

I will gladly make rag rugs for the commune floors on a loom.

I miss weaving.

I confess I am still extremely confused as to what I want to Offically DO when I grow up, and I am almost 36.
I am terrified of committing and making another mistake and changing my mind.

--------------------

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Oct 18 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #4539

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm bored.
Except for being stuck in mandatory meetings at work and such, I can't remember the last time I've been bored. It kind of scares me.

(Can I just remind people that natural does not equal safe? I'm not commenting specifically about medical marijuana, but just wanted to say that this as a general point. Lots of things in nature are incredibly toxic, even deadly.)

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Oct 18 2006, 09:46 PM
Post #4540

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

I'll sew everyone's clothes and bake the non-wheat, non-dairy, non-egg muffins wink.gif

+Quote Post

294 Pages V  « < 225 226 227 228 229 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 20, 2014 - 04:21 AM