271 Pages V  « < 188 189 190 191 192 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
Morphia
post May 11 2007, 10:33 PM
Post #3781

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 11 2007, 10:58 PM) *
Sounds like yeast to me. The typical BV discharge is described as "thin." "Thick" is usually yeast.

I don't see what it would hurt to go to the drugstore and buy yourself some Monistat. Use and see if your symptoms are relieved at all.

This is where I differ. I kept getting visual diagnoses of yeast (which was wrong) until a doctor finally had the sense to test me and found out that it was bv.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 11 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #3782

BUSTie

Hey,

I went to the therapist this afternoon and she prescribed zoloft (25 mg) for me. I have to see how this works with the depression so far i've taken one dose.

I'm still taking flagyl 2x a day. NOW I finally understand why they tell you not to drink while you're on that medication. I had a couple drinks yesterday and couldn't control my vomiting. Not only that, I couldn't enjoy my buzz to the max either. =( So PLEASE do yourself a favor and don't drink on this medication!

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
Aggravated
post May 11 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #3783

BUSTie

The first time I was diagnosed with BV, I was prescribed Metrogel and it worked...for about 4 months or so. When the BV returned, I tried the Metrogel again...and again...and again...it didn't go away. I then tried Metronidazol orally (the generic form of Flagyl). I was given the prescription with 3 refills. I took the first and refilled it immediately and took a second round...nothing. I've had constant BV for over a year now. I even tried the oral Metronidazol vaginally, but didn't have much luck with that for more than a day or two. I've been doing HP washes to keep it in check, but I'm going back to the doctor on the 16th...I'm hoping she'll give me something else to try. So, you are not the only one, but I have never had burning due to the BV...I hope you find some relief for that soon!

+Quote Post
lori
post May 11 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #3784

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 11 2007, 08:24 PM) *
I washed my hand and stuck a finger in there and pulled out my typical thick, whitish bv discharge.

Sounds like yeast to me. The typical BV discharge is described as "thin." "Thick" is usually yeast.

I don't see what it would hurt to go to the drugstore and buy yourself some Monistat. Use and see if your symptoms are relieved at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 11 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #3785

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, I'm pretty sure this Flagyl isn't working. And I'm sure you're sick and tired of hearing it. But I need somewhere to vent. I did the finger test. I washed my hand and stuck a finger in there and pulled out my typical thick, whitish bv discharge. I've had burning all day (except for when I took some ibuprofen.) Seriously though, has anyone here had a case that just did NOT respond to antibiotics? The antibiotics I've been taking seem to only be putting a dint in this shit. This is no recurring case. This a case of "it just straight won't go the fuck away."

+Quote Post
lori
post May 11 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #3786

Hardcore BUSTie

Welcome ljames!

QUOTE(ljames @ May 11 2007, 07:12 AM) *
They did a test to confirm that it was in fact BV and issued Flagyl as a cure and sent me on my way. LITTLE DID I KNOW THAT THE ANTIBIOTICS ONLY TOOK IT AWAY UNTIL IT WAS TRIGGERED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Lack of lactobacillus, the good bacteria, is the problem.

QUOTE(ljames @ May 11 2007, 07:12 AM) *
I had my yearly violation appointment with my doctor and discussed the BV with her and she didn't seem to concerned at all and said it's just one of those things. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! (excuse my language) but how many women actually have this issue and go to the doctor for her to tell me to deal with it?

*raises hand* Me me!

For 3 years, I went to 3 different gynos at least 12 times - telling them something ain't right down there, please help! I got tested for every STD known to mankind (negative), but no one ever treated me for BV. One day I walked into a Planned Parenthood out of desperation, and they took one look at me and told me "You've got a wicked case of BV!" They gave me metrogel, and I felt better for the first time in 3 FUCKING YEARS.

Planned Parenthood isn't all sunshine and kisses, though. It's a great organization, but they are underfunded and understaffed, and going there is depressing. And although the first doctor/RN I saw was really nice, the second RN was a fucking bitch from hell. I told her my infection is recurring and I was really worried. And she yelled at me and called me a hypochondriac! I went to my car and just cried and cried. Then a bunch of crazy high school kids with anti-abortion signs started banging on my car yelling, "Give your baby a chance!"

So I've definitely had my own moments of - WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!

Anyway, despite my bad experience at PP, it's still the only real option for many women who don't have healthcare in this country and I think that is a damn shame. I'm very lucky now, because I have an understanding and non-judgmental gyno-doctor who doesn't treat me like I'm an idiot. But even all she can do is just continue to prescribe me antibiotics.

Rant over. *whew*

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 11 2007, 06:00 AM) *
I'm not starting the Flora until I get those toxins out of my body.

arj75, you should start taking the flora right away. Probiotics need time to build up in your body, and they can only help you clear out your system.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 11 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #3787

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 10 2007, 11:39 PM) *
So happy to hear you are getting SOME relief Morphia!! I hope for you during the next few days, you feel even more better!! Thank you ARJ75 for the information. I'm going to check that out here where I live.

I also noticed in my grocery store here, they have a section called "Health Food", and it's all refrigerated. They also carry like acidopilus and probotics in there, so, I will check and see if they have the Flora stuff!!

Morphia, I've had so many different smells from Fish, to Shit, to down right funk, to mildew, to sour...and the list goes on. BUT PIZZA!!! Girl, I needed that!! Thanks for making me laugh!! I have such a hard time explaining the smell, so I can appreciate your comments!!

I too smoke...and I agree with what's been said before, smoking plays a huge roll. Not sure if things will change if and when I decide to quit, but...I do believe there is a connection.

Have a great night!!!

Haha! The fact that I made you laugh made me crack up too. It was just what I needed as well. But I kid you not...Pizza Hut. I still smell like it today too. I think its either connected to the smoking or to my recent carb over load. I'll just have to give it a couple of days smoke free (too late for that today. I just smoked one sad.gif ) and carb free to see if it goes away. I'm hoping that's all it is. And I'm going to assume I'm the only one here that's ever smelled like a pizza restaurant!

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post May 11 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #3788

Hardcore BUSTie

Yes, LJAMES--You and the rest of us are definitely onto something with the Flagyl up the wazoo, and the ejaculation issue!

For years and years, I went about life stupidly thinking that it was the sex that contributed to the fish smell. I thought that was just what happened when semen hit the kitty. I thought it was normal. Boy did I get an edu-ma-cation when I stopped into the lounge!

I haven't been to the doc in ages. But I need to just go on in and get checked out. I have so many issues... dry.gif

~Quiet~

+Quote Post
ljames
post May 11 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #3789

Good Morning All!

I have been an avid reader of this thread for months now and have finally decided to join. First of all I would like to thank everybody for their advise and knowledge on the subject, I too have tried many of the suggestions listed throughout this thread (boric, acidophollis, peroxide, folic acid, vitamin c, tea tree oil etc.) and have found myself just as frustrated as you ladies.

A little history...I'll try to make it short and sweet. About a year and a half ago I finally found Mr. Right, Handsome, Nice, Smart, Employed, GREAT in bed etc. and we've been together ever since. About three months in to our relationship I noticed the most strong foul fish smell I have ever smelled after we had sex....I had no idea what it was and spent the day looking up the smelly symptom before I went to the clinic for treatment. They did a test to confirm that it was in fact BV and issued Flagyl as a cure and sent me on my way. LITTLE DID I KNOW THAT THE ANTIBIOTICS ONLY TOOK IT AWAY UNTIL IT WAS TRIGGERED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! After several rounds of antibiotics, cutting my boyfriend off of sex because I did not feel comfortable explaining this problem to him until a month or so ago and trying just about everything mentioned on this board, I have come to a slight hypothesis of what is triggering this problem.

At the beginning of my current relationship I started taking the pill again and after several different kinds with much spotting, mood swings, etc. I gave up and decided that condoms where the only way to go for me. Due to the issues I had with the pill this time around, I think that somehow my hormones got out of wack or maybe whatever regulates my ph no longer works....only right after my period will I have sex without a condom and when my bf does the deed inside of me within a day or two my stuff smells like a fish farm, most noticable during/after sex.

I finally got the nerve to discuss this reaccuring problem with the bf and explain that our dramatic drop in our daily sex life we indulged in before the BV was due to the BV and explained the whole PH problem with his semen contributing to the unbalancing of my screwed up PH etc. etc. I had my yearly violation appointment with my doctor and discussed the BV with her and she didn't seem to concerned at all and said it's just one of those things. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! (excuse my language) but how many women actually have this issue and go to the doctor for her to tell me to deal with it?
I requested a prescription for flagyl once again because I had just read that JEWELS was having much luck with the vaginal insertion and I figured what the hell....I've tried everything else.

VERDICT - I got my precious prescription for 500mg Flagyl (capsules not the generic kind) filled, paid my 0.35 cents to the pharmacy and stuck one of those puppies in as far as it would go that night and again in the morning and after waiting 2 days as suggested by Jewels I had sex.....normal non smelly no hangups sex and it was FABULOUS. I continued with my much more frequent sex throughout the month with a condom and enjoyed every minute of it. Right after my next period Mr. Right did the deed without a condom and all the fish broke loose the very next day! So I inserted another flagyl and the nasty little fishies have left me again after 2 days....tonight will be the real test when me and the BF have sex.

So much for short and sweet....I'll stop now although I have much more to express since I've finally joined the group after much procrastination. Thank you again ladies for all of your knowledge and help.

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 11 2007, 06:43 AM
Post #3790

Hardcore BUSTie

Good morning everyone.
I'm not starting the Flora until I get those toxins out of my body. I was wondering if anyone has read about what times it is better to have sex when you have BV. I read that your urine ph is around 5 maybe below in the morning (I don't have the information with me right now for the listed estimated ranges), and the urine ph raises later in the day. I was just wondering what other body fluids did this, such as our blood, vaginal secretions, sweat, so forth... if we are more acidic with our urine in the mornings...maybe our vaginas are more acidic as well at that time and it is a better time to have intercourse...
I did buy some ph strips, but they weren't what I was wanting, (not sure now what we common citizens can buy when testing like that. I do know that in my ANP 2 lab class, the ph strips we used there measured many more things than than ones that I ended up with. I have sinus problems....so it's hard for me to detect early smelly cat signs when I can't smell very well anyway. So, I'm hoping I can find something that can do that for me. At least warn me that PH is off. Again, just my thoughts, no need to reply unless you would like. I will research this just because I'm curious anyway.

+Quote Post
sassy
post May 11 2007, 05:04 AM
Post #3791

Hardcore BUSTie

Jewels...a few questions, and I'm sorry if you've answered these before. How long did you wait from the flagyl before having sex? I really don't want a yeast infection. And you only use one pill? How long before trying another one if the first pill doesn't work? Finally, where did you order yours? I don't really want to call my gyno. Thanks! I'm glad you are doing so well. I hope this helps. I've kept using the boric, which keeps things smelling nice, but I have to use it all the time. I would like something that lasts longer so I hope this does it. I would also like to try the estoroil but I know a couple of girls on here tried it and it didn't help at all. I'm hesitant about spending more money right now. sad.gif

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 10 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #3792

Hardcore BUSTie

So happy to hear you are getting SOME relief Morphia!! I hope for you during the next few days, you feel even more better!! Thank you ARJ75 for the information. I'm going to check that out here where I live.

I also noticed in my grocery store here, they have a section called "Health Food", and it's all refrigerated. They also carry like acidopilus and probotics in there, so, I will check and see if they have the Flora stuff!!

Morphia, I've had so many different smells from Fish, to Shit, to down right funk, to mildew, to sour...and the list goes on. BUT PIZZA!!! Girl, I needed that!! Thanks for making me laugh!! I have such a hard time explaining the smell, so I can appreciate your comments!!

I too smoke...and I agree with what's been said before, smoking plays a huge roll. Not sure if things will change if and when I decide to quit, but...I do believe there is a connection.

Have a great night!!!

+Quote Post
lori
post May 10 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #3793

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 10 2007, 09:01 PM) *
... I went to my health food store and got a product called Ultimate Flora. It is kept in the refrigator section, and has 50 billion cultures per capsule. I'm not sure if all health food stores keep this cool, but my local store does (it's helpful).

Wow, 50 billion. (And yes, it is good that you got it from a store that keeps it in the fridge - ensures maximum potency!)

Here's my take on probiotics - you need to take the *exact* right strain for your needs. For example, I took two courses of clindamycin, and suffered intestinal problems (a common side effect). I had no idea what was causing it, so I just kept taking the antibiotics, and my intestine problems just got worse. I finally figured it out, and took probiotics.

But taking just any probiotic product, even well-regarded brands (Solgar, Ethical Nutrients) didn't help. I even got them from a fridge (Whole Foods, Great Earth Vitamins) and made sure they had a high count. And they were even designed to help me with my intestines. But they didn't seem to do anything.

So I finally tried Culturelle - which has some new patented strain of Lactobacillus, blah blah. Anyway, it worked. I felt better right away. But also super-expensive!

As far as the Ultimate Flora goes (is this it?)

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/brow....jsp?id=RW-1029

Wow, it's got a whole lot of strains, and a very high count! Good luck, and please update me on how it goes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 10 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #3794

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok. So today, I don't THINK I can feel the burn. Well, I have a couple of times but not as bad. But my bf and I were fooling around (no real sex. Haven't had that in ages it seems) and I noticed I smelled like Pizza Hut. And I still do. I asked him to smell me and he said that I smell mustier than usual. I know what you're thinking, "Probably yeast from the flagyl." But I'm also trying to keep in mind that I also ate a lot of fries and chicken strips at Raising Caines tonight. I've been cutting carbs out of my diet completely for the past 2 or so months but I've cheated a few times in the past couple of weeks. You think it could have just been what I ate? I do know that what you eat can affect the smell down there. Does anyone else ever smell like pizza sometimes? I also still have bubbles in my secretions which I know is a sign of bv. It just worries me, b/c through my entire bv experience I've never really had a smell until now. Until I started treating it.

Oh, and I also smoked a good bit today too. Ugh....

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 10 2007, 09:44 PM
Post #3795

Hardcore BUSTie

To any new comers who in a a state of panic because you just realized that you may have reoccurring BV, I went to my health food store and got a product called Ultimate Flora. It is kept in the refrigator section, and has 50 billion cultures per capsule. I'm not sure if all health food stores keep this cool, but my local store does (it's helpful). I'm seeing an iridologist and an amish herbal doctor tommorow..anything is worth a shot. I can't stop believing that my poor eating habits, lack of proper vitamins and minerals, imbalanced ph levels in my diet and stress did not cause this.

I found it very interesting that some of us are always cold, and never eat breakfast either.. I never have.
maybe if we regulated our body temperatures..figured a way to keep warm..it could help..(not make our body work in overdrive to maintain itself) I know I'm grasping at straws but I really don't care.

From the drug conversation, I'm going to get some kind of product that can cleanse my body out, and hopefully get rid of some toxins that my body can't or can cleanse but at a much slower rate. Thank you to those who answered.

I'm not trying to get nasty here, but I didn't realize that mentioning drug use at this site would be a problem....with topics such as anal sex and female ejaculation.

Good night everyone.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 10 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #3796

Hardcore BUSTie

Pianogirl, no, haven't tried it yet, but I need to. I also think mine is hormone related due to the Hysterectomy. Can you give me the web address again of where you ordered it. And I remember something about the mg or something.

Thanks!! Great to hear your doing so well!!! CONGRATS!!

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post May 10 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #3797

Hardcore BUSTie

I was curious as to has anyone given the estroil a shot...I havent used it in well over a month and I have no smell and my period just ended.

This seems to be what helped, I believe my smell and discharge was a hormonal issue.

Good luck ladies.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 10 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #3798

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah, I saw your post a few days ago Sassy!! THANK GOD YOUR HERE!!! wink.gif Have you tried the vaginal Flagyl yet?? Let me know how it works for you. It's not a 100% cure Sassy, but, it keeps the B.V. away. I don't think there is a cure. And that's just being honest with myself. It's back to what we all have said for awhile now, it's just something that we have to learn to maintain. And for me, the Flagyl keeps it away, and when there's a slightest hint...I just use one and it's gone. I haven't had fish smell for a couple of months now, just maybe once a month, it smells like shit. Not literal shit, just a funk smell. That's when I use 1 flagyl and forget about it. But since you are getting married in September, this will get you on your way. I wouldn't use it though while having sex, because for me, it did turn it into the yeast infection from hell. Glad to see you're still around!!! I miss you guys!!

+Quote Post
sassy
post May 10 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #3799

Hardcore BUSTie

Jewels...I'm here. I posted a couple of days ago. My internet access has been limited lately since I was in the process of moving.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 10 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #3800

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 10 2007, 10:01 AM) *
Its not yeast. A wet prep AND an affirm have confirmed that. For some people bv burns. I know I'm not the only one around here that has burning as a symptom. It may not be common, but it is very real. I'm still going to have a culture sent to a lab just to see if there is any strange bacteria that the affirm isn't picking up, like strep infections or something. But I know its not yeast. However, if it is yeast, the culture will say so. I see the doc on the 18th for my colpo. I'll ask him to do all that testing then.

That's great Morphia. You should be able to confirm on the 18th if the flagyl worked for you.

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 188 189 190 191 192 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 28, 2014 - 07:11 AM